THINGS TO CONSIDER IF YOU INTEND TO LAMINATE.
Here is an advice for you…
- Use plastic bags with seal at the tips to save keep documents instead of laminating.
- If you intend to laminate, make sure you confirm the machine being used isn’t over heated or confirm via sampled work.
- You can opt for cold laminating machine instead of hot, this is proved to be safer.
- Keep original documents in a safe bag or case then carry duplicates around only if required to produce original should you bring out.
- Keep documents away from dirts, moisture etc.
- Even if you insist on laminating your documents, make sure you scan all documents and save it directly to your email or cloud drive such as Google drive, Dropbox etc.
In some developed countries verification of certificates is done with transcripts instead of the usual security marks whereas it contradicts here in Nigeria because we are lagging behind technologically, I will advise you not to laminate any of your documents, just be more careful with the way you handle and preserve it. Be wise.