Telegram is a very powerful instant messaging app on Android, iOS and PC and there’s no doubt it’s one of the best instant messaging apps out there with numerous features. There’s a lot you can do with Telegram and it allows users to enjoy the full concept of free instant messaging.
It’s often seen as one of the best alternatives to WhatsApp and one question that has been surrounding the use of Telegram these days is can someone recover deleted Telegram messages?
Well, it’s possible and you’ll be getting to know how you can recover deleted Telegram messages here on NaijaknowHow. And as we all know that Telegram takes privacy in a strict way, therefore there are chances you might not be able to recover all deleted messages you want except for recent ones.
How To Retrieve Deleted Telegram Messages
There are a few steps to how you can get back any messages you might have deleted on Telegram and if you follow the steps below, you’ll be able to retrieve the messages you had deleted on your Telegram account. And as I had stated earlier that sometimes it doesn’t retrieve very old deleted messages and it’s just the recent ones.
Steps To Retrieve Deleted Messages On Telegram PC
This method requires you to use Telegram web or you can download the Telegram app for your Windows or macOS PC, to do that, you’ll need to follow the simple steps below.
- Firstly, visit Telegram Web by using this link, or you can download the PC version of Telegram by opening https://telegram-for-desktop.en.uptodown.com/windows/download. on your browser and for macOS users, kindly download from the Apple store.
- After downloading and installing Telegram, now you’ll need to log in, you can do that via your phone number or you open the Telegram app on your phone and go to Settings > Devices > Scan QR
- After you’ve logged in, now go to Settings by clicking the three-striped lines on the top.
- Then tap Advanced from the setting and select Export Telegram Data.
- Then you will get the deleted chats on Telegram.
- Select the deleted message which you want to recover.
- Your exported chat will take about 24 hours before you’ll be able to download it, therefore you’ll need to grant access via your Android or iOS device.
- Click on the Allow button and your messages will receive the accepted message.
- Then open the Export Telegram Data Section and click on the Export icon.
- You have to click Show My Data and on your device open the Results.Html file to get your deleted messages on Telegram.
Other Ways To Recover Deleted Telegram Messages
Follow the instructions given above to recover your Telegram Messages from the App. Or follow the instructions given below:
- Prior to the disappearance of a deleted message on your Telegram app, you’ll see an Undo option that’ll appear for just 5 seconds, you can quickly press the Undo button and the message will be restored immediately.
You can as well make use of external tools to get back any messages you had deleted on your Telegram account, and one of the Known tools that work perfectly for the recovery of deleted messages on Telegram is the iStaunch app.
- iStaunch is the tool used to recover Telegram Deleted Messages.
- Once you installed the tool enter your mobile number and tap on Recover Messages to get your messages.
- The other way is to get the messages through the file manager option.
- If it is available on your device you can receive the deleted messages which are stored on the file.
If you follow the above steps correctly, you’ll be able to recover deleted Telegram messages without any delay. I hope you found the article very helpful, don’t forget to share and also leave a comment below.
More On Tech Tutor: