A hacked Facebook account certainly means the account has been compromised and the owner is on the verge of losing access to the account if proper recovery measures are not taken. While there’s at least 70% possibility you can lose your Facebook account to anyone online, there are 100% ways you can keep it safe if you had taken proper steps.
And these days people lose their Facebook account to hackers in different ways and they just don’t know how to recover them because the hacker has taken full control of them. But if you’re reading this article and your Facebook account has been hacked, there’s the perfect solution you need to get it fixed.
I ran into a tutorial online about how to recover hacked Facebook account and I felt oh no I just have to share it because there’s someone out there who want’s to know how to recover their Facebook account and if you’re one of those, you might want to pay attention to the steps shown in this article.
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
Regardless of how you lost your Facebook account to a hacker online, these methods work for every hacked Facebook accounts and it doesn’t take much of one’s time as long as the needful get’s to be done. Here are two ways you can recover your hacked Facebook account and the two ways are with email and phone number, and vice versa.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With Username and Phone Number
This step doesn’t really take much time, you only need a few couple of minutes to get it done and it’s even very effective if the hacker hasn’t made a complete change to your Facebook account. So let’s get right at this.
- The first thing you need to do when your account gets hacked or you observed you can’t access it is to go to the Facebook Compromised Account Report Page, to let them know your account has been compromised.
- Now you’ll need to select between two options displayed on your screen, if you want it recovered or you want it deleted, but you certainly want to recover it, so click on recover account.
- You’ll need to enter the username of the account you want to recover, but if the username is not available, you can use either your email or phone number, which depends on anyone you have between the two.
- Now, wait while Facebook searches through its database for an account with the information you had provided. Once the account has been found, you’ll be asked to input any familiar password you have used on the account before ( it can be new or old)
- After inputting your familiar password, you’ll be asked to select how you’d like to receive the link to reset your account password. Skip all the options and click on No Longer Have Acces To These?
- A new box will appear with an instruction that says you should put the new email you’ll like to receive the password reset link. So type in any email you have access to and wait while the password reset link gets delivered to your inbox.
- Once you’ve received the link, now click on it and create a new password, make sure it’s stronger and not related to the password that was hijacked before.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With E-mail
This method works perfectly if you’ve already added an email to your Facebook account prior to the time or the day it got hacked, however, it’ll have been changed by the hacker but with the steps written below, you’ll find quick ways to sort it out.
- You’d have been notified in your email that your Facebook password has been changed, when that happens, you’ll need to click Please Secure Your Account.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you’ll be asked to set a new password but before then, you’ll need to answer few questions and verify some identity.
- You’ll need to click on Identify Photos Of Friends, this will let you identify 5 different pictures from 5 random friends on your account
- After identifying all 5 friends pictures correctly, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll show you all the changes that’s been recently made to your account, from there you can change whatever information that has been replaced by the hacker information.
- After that, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll confirm you’ve recovered your account successfully and you can now go back to posting and commenting from your account.
With these little steps, you can find it really easy to recover your Facebook account, sometimes it takes more than that to recover an account but if you try these methods the same day you lost your Facebook account, there are 90% chances you’d get it back that same day.