A hacked Facebook account certainly means the account has been compromised and the owner is on the verge of losing access to the account if proper recovery measures are not taken. While there’s at least a 70% possibility you can lose your Facebook account to anyone online, there are 100% ways you can keep it safe if you had taken the proper steps.
And these days people lose their Facebook accounts to hackers in different ways and they just don’t know how to recover them because the hacker has taken full control of them. But if you’re reading this article and your Facebook account has been hacked, there’s the perfect solution to get it back. Not to mention, if you’ve recently lost your Instagram account to cybercriminals, here’s a similar article that explains how to recover a hacked Instagram account.
Having said that, I came across a tutorial online on how to recover a hacked Facebook account and I felt compelled to share it because I know that there are people out there who are interested in learning how to do so. If you’re one of them, you may want to pay attention to the steps outlined in this Naijaknowhow article.
How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
Regardless of how you lost your Facebook account to a hacker online, these methods work for every hacked Facebook account, whether you’re located in the United States of America (USA), United Kingdom (UK), India, Nigeria, South Africa or other parts of the world, this guide works for all hacked Facebook account owner. Likewise, it doesn’t take much of one’s time as long as you carefully follow the recovery guide as explained below.
Here are two ways you can recover your hacked Facebook account and the two ways are with email and phone number, and vice versa.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With Username and Phone Number
This step doesn’t really take much time, you only need a couple of minutes to get it done and it’s even very effective if the hacker hasn’t made a complete change to your Facebook account. So let’s get right at this.
- The first thing you need to do when your account gets hacked or you observed you can’t access it is to go to the Facebook Compromised Account Report Page, to let them know your account has been compromised.
- Now you’ll need to select between two options displayed on your screen – if you want it recovered or you want it deleted. Since you certainly want to recover it, simply click on recover account.
- You’ll need to enter the username of the account you want to recover, but if the username is not available, you can use either your email or phone number, which depends on anyone you have between the two.
- Now, wait while Facebook searches through its database for an account with the information you have provided. Once the account has been found, you’ll be asked to input any familiar password you have used on the account before (it can be new or old)
- After inputting your familiar password, you’ll be asked to select how you’d like to receive the link to reset your account password. Skip all the options and click on No Longer Have Access To These?
- A new box will appear with an instruction that says you should put the new email you’ll like to receive the password reset link. So type in any email you have access to and wait while the password reset link gets delivered to your inbox.
- Once you’ve received the link, now click on it and create a new password, make sure it’s stronger and not related to the password that was hijacked before.
Recover Hacked Facebook Account With E-mail
This method works perfectly if you’ve already added an email to your Facebook account prior to the time or the day it got hacked, however, it’ll have been changed by the hacker but with the steps written below, you’ll find quick ways to sort it out.
- You’d have been notified in your email that your Facebook password has been changed, when that happens, you’ll need to click Please Secure Your Account.
- You’ll be redirected to a page where you’ll be asked to set a new password but before then, you’ll need to answer a few questions and verify your identity.
- You’ll need to click on Identify Photos Of Friends, this will let you identify 5 different pictures from 5 random friends on your account
- After identifying all 5 friends’ pictures correctly, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll show you all the changes that’s been recently made to your account, from there you can change whatever information that has been replaced by the hacker’s information.
- After that, you’ll be redirected to a page that’ll confirm you’ve recovered your account successfully and you can now go back to posting and commenting from your account. Good luck!
Also note: “If the email address associated with your Facebook account has changed, you can reverse this. When an email address is changed, we send a message to the previous email account with a special link. You can click this link to reverse the email address change and secure your account.” Source – Facebook FAQ
What To Do After Recovering Your Hacked Facebook Account:
Most times, a hacked Facebook account ensued because the owner didn’t appropriately secure their account in the first place. Most Facebook accounts that aren’t properly secured are vulnerable and can be hijacked by hackers. So what do you do after you’ve successfully recovered your hacked Facebook account? The answer is to set up 2FA on your Facebook account right away!
How To Activate Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) on Facebook
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) also known as 2-Step Verification is an authentication process that grants a user access to a website or an app after he or she has provided one or two pieces of evidence that clarifies them to be the person in possession of the account or profile they want to gain access to in a website or an app.
In essence, to log in to your Facebook account, as an extra layer of protection, you will be required to confirm your login via a Verification Code that’d be sent to your phone number by Facebook. This code can also be generated using an Authenticator App on Android and iOS devices. That said, let’s dive right into the steps below:
To turn on or manage two-factor authentication:
- Go to your Security and login settings.
- Scroll down to Use two-factor authentication and click Edit.
- Choose the security method (I recommend using Text message – SMS) that you want to add and follow the on-screen instructions.
Once you’ve turned on text message (SMS) codes, you should also set up a second security feature, such as a security key, trusted contacts or recovery codes. This helps to protect you in case your mobile phone is lost, stolen or hacked.
With these little steps, you can find it really easy to recover your Facebook account, sometimes it takes more than that to recover an account but if you try these methods the same day you lost your Facebook account, there are 90% chances you’d get it back that same day.
More on Tech Tutor:
- How to Recover Hacked Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram Accounts!
- How To Know A Fake iPhone in Nigeria (7 Quick Ways)
- How To Hide Phone Number on MTN, Glo, Airtel and 9mobile
My Facebook account was hacked and my Gmail, Phone number and my password have been changed. Please how can I get it back.😭😭😭
My Facebook account was hacked since 7/1/2023 by a suspected fraudster. Kindly assist me and recover it back to status quo please
U know what, honestly this man helps me get through depression & bad thought in my head thanks for recovery…..
My facebook account is been hack 2week ago, my number and email address has been changed, I dont have access to my facebook account anymore
My account has been hacked and the email address has been changed, please help me get back my Facebook account
My account by the name sally ky has been hacked n Amy email address changed .please help me recover my account back
Someone hacked my account, please how can I get it back
I was in a similar situation until a friend referred me to this article and it helped out. Kudos NaijaKnowHow!!
My account was hack and when I recovered it with my initial email because the hacker has changed my email and phone number on the account. The problem now is that, he has activate two way Authentication, in which I will need to enter Codegeneration to login after input password and this code is sent to unknown number because he has remove my number. Please any help will be highly appreciate.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry about your account, it breaks my heart to see people going through account hacks. I don’t think there’s any way you could recover your account now that he has activated 2FA… however, I think you should report the account to Facebook for it to be removed permanently. Here are Facebook’s policies on disabling or deleting hacked, unused or unconfirmed accounts.
My account is hacked and my password, email phone number is changed how can I retrieve it back please need your help
Visit https://facebook.com/hacked to get started!
Viklin I have same issue and have tried for months but still once I get to uploading my ID the stuff will not go again.
My Facebook is also hacked and the hacker has changed all my info including number and Gmail how can I recover it
My Facebook account has been retrieved. Thanks to this website.
I’m glad we could help.
yes is not working, the hacker has change everything. please any solution i need help
Can you please help me retrieve my Facebook account. My Gmail and phone number was changed.
My Facebook account is restored, All thanks to ********* on Instagram
Want to recover my hack account
Hey everyone , I don’t really know much about this hacking things but I can direct you to a professional hacking company who helped me to track and hack my boyfriend’s iPhone and his Facebook respectively.. If you need to check on your partner’s sincerity, employee’s honesty, recover your email passwords, Social networks (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, IG), change your school grades, clear your criminal records, gain access to bank accounts, spy on phone. you can just contact them at … Their charges are minimal and negotiable contact them at [cyberhelp*** @ Gmail , com]..tell him you are from me or text them on +16503007*** or WhatsApp +1 6503007*** You can thank me later..
my account was hacked what can I do
My Facebook account have been hacked my email and phone number have been changed how can you help me
I got my account restored after it got hacked
All thanks to darkweb for helping me out. you can reach them on:
My two accounts jas nern hacked.
I got my Facebook account restored after it got hacked
All thanks to the above name
My facebook account was hacked pls i want it recover
My Facebook account was hacked and my Gmail, Phone number and my password have been changed. Please how can I get it back.
Have you tried this:
If you no longer have access to the email address or phone number on your account, open this link on a phone or computer that you’ve used to log in to Facebook before:
This doesnt work either!! They also delete any previous devices used so you no longer can do anything to get your account back. I’ve tried everything. I’ve even been trying the identify and it won’t work. This is awful!!!! I’m asking all my friends to report the account as hacked and then asking them to unfriend themselves. Also the hacker has now changed the 1st name on my account to a different name. Why?!?!
The change my number and email what should I do
Need help on how to remotely spy a suspected cheating spouse? Recover lost account and stolen bitcoin write us on the above name
How do I get to my Facebook page that has been hacked to do the neefull
My Facebook account has been hacked_ephraim odigiri
Pls help me with my hacked account that is completely taken from me
My account was hacked too the hacker changed my num and my Gmail address what can I do to retrieve it pls
My Facebook was hacked, the hacker changed my phone no, email address, and I can’t access my fb account any more.
My account was hacked and noticed the hacker have changed every of information,like phone number, password and Gmail address,how do I get back to it?
My was hacked
What can i do now
Some body use my account
My Facebook account was hacked.