This article contains how to recover a hacked Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram account. Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, digital activities are increasing and people continue to be connected from work, study, socialising, to shopping through social media services.
Unfortunately, there are still many irresponsible people who take advantage of the massive use of social media by hacking or other means such as phishing, causing you to no longer have access to your social media accounts. In fact, I wrote an article about the 5 most common phishing tactics everyone must know to avoid fraud, you should check that out.
Through an official statement, Facebook shares tips to ensure you can recover your Facebook, WhatsApp, and Instagram accounts in case the accounts on either of the social media platforms are hacked.
Let’s dive right into it!
How to Recover a Hacked Facebook Account!
- Report the incident via https://www.facebook.com/hacked. Fill in the report with the email address and mobile number used when registering or creating a Facebook account
- You may not be able to access your account temporarily. No need to worry, make sure you have filled out the report with the correct data
- During the data verification process, Facebook will ask you to send a photo of an identity card, such as an ID card or driver’s license
- Facebook will send a notification via email when your account has been successfully restored
How to Recover a Hacked Instagram Account!
- Report the incident via help.instagram.com
- When your report has been submitted to Instagram, your account may appear lost. This is one of Instagram’s steps to ensure that your account is actually hacked.
- Check the email used to create the account periodically. Instagram will send an email asking users to fill out a form and include personal data, such as a photo or ID card
- The verification process generally takes four to seven days. Instagram will confirm via email if the account has been recovered.
How to Recover a Hacked WhatsApp Account!
- Immediately verify by logging into the WhatsApp application and entering the registered mobile number. More details on how to verify your number can be found at https://faq.whatsapp.com/android/verification/verifying-your-number
- After verification, you will receive a six-digit code via SMS. Enter the code into the WhatsApp application.
- WhatsApp will usually ask for a Two-Step Authentication code. However, if the user has not activated it, access back to WhatsApp will be received seven days after the number verification process.
There you go, that’s how to recover a hacked Instagram, Facebook or WhatsApp account. Let’s let us know via the comment box below if you find this helpful. Also, don’t hesitate to follow our YouTube channel for more tech tutorials.