For some people, security is number one when choosing a smartphone. For those of you who are like that, perhaps you can take a look at this smartphone belonging to a German company called Nitrokey.
The reason is that Nitrokey has recently launched a smartphone, the NitroPhone 1 which is claimed to be the most secure Android smartphone in the world.
Actually NitroPhone 1 is a Google Pixel 4a modified by Nitrokey to make the smartphone more secure than the original Google Pixel 4a version.
Quoted from 9to5Google , NitroPhone 1 also does not run the Android operating system from Google but uses the Graphene OS based on Android which does not come with the default applications from Google.
Certainly, Graphene OS is now known as one of the modified Android operating systems that provides quite strong security. This OS has an “automatic kill switch” that shuts the phone down after being inactive for a certain period of time
NitroPhone 1 Specifications
Meanwhile, from the specifications, Nitrokey does not bring any changes at all in the NitroPhone 1. Therefore, components such as the chipset, screen, RAM, and memory are still the same as the original Google Pixel 4a. See specifications below:
- RAM: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB
- Display: 147.6 mm (5.81″), 1080 x 2340 pixel, full-screen display with punch-hole front camera
- Operating System: Graphene OS (based on Android)
- Rear camera: dual pixel technology with 12.2 MP
- Processor (CPU): Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G, Octa-core
- Security: Titan M security chip
- Colour: black
- Ports: USB-C, 3.5 mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 144 x 69.4 x 8.2 mm
- Weight: 143 g
- Others: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, NFC, Fingerprint sensor
NitroPhone 1 Price
But because it is equipped with a safe operating system, the NitroPhone 1 is priced at a much more expensive price of US $760 (about ₦312,000 in Nigeria) whereas the original Google Pixel 4a is priced at US $349 (about ₦143,000 in Nigeria).