Growing up, you may have seen a lot of animated videos like cartoons and anime, and wondered how it was done. Well, this was only possible with the use of special pc software, but nowadays anyone can make moving pictures with the aid of animation apps on smartphones.
If you want to try creating animated videos, and art, you do not need a computer for that. Using your mobile phone, you should be able to achieve this. Nevertheless, before making moving pictures, you need the best applications. Of course, there are lots of apps out there that would help you do this, but as usual, I’ll only discuss the best.
In this article on Naijaknowhow, you’ll get to know the best animation apps to use on your Android device. These apps are free to use but with limited features. So if you want to get the best out of them, is advisable to go pro. You will be able to create 3D animated videos, and images using them. These apps are credible and effective.
Moreover, we’ve also written an article that discusses the best apps to transform photos into cartoons. You may want to check it out if you desire to know what you’d look like as a cartoon character. Enough talk, let’s delve into today’s topic.
List of the Best Animation Apps for Android (Free & Paid)
1. PicsArt Animator
PicsArt Animator is undoubtedly one of the best animation apps for mobile that allows you to create animation and make cartoons without any hassle. This app is simple to use and makes sure to deliver maximum functionality. You should be able to make cartoon videos animated GIFs and funny doodles using this app.
You require no special skill when making use of PicsArt Animator. It offers a simple step-by-step guide on how to easily created animated videos. If you want something a bit advanced, PicsArt Animator should be your go-to app. It is packed with a lot of features engineered fully for the purpose of animation. This app is absolutely free to use, you need not make any extra purchases after downloading.
- Easy step-by-step guide for animation creation.
- Advanced features cater to experienced users.
- Versatile, supporting cartoon videos, and GIFs.
- No special skills required; user-friendly.
- Free to use without additional purchases.
- Limited export options for sharing.
- Complex interface may overwhelm some users.
- Occasional lag or performance issues.
- Steeper learning curve for advanced features.
- Lack of collaborative tools for team projects.
2. Toontastic 3D
When it comes to mobile animation, no app beats Toontastic 3D. It is basically the best tool to create and edit animated videos and art. This app lets you draw, animate, and narrate your own cartoons. If you’re a good scriptwriter, you can easily come up with an interesting animated movie using this app.
Is the Toontastic 3D app easy to use? Yes, absolutely! All you need do is move around characters onscreen and tell your story. You should be able to add voices to all animated characters using this app. This is a very powerful tool to make animated videos with ease. Toontastic 3D app also gives you access to video game designs and UI.
- Intuitive interface for swift cartoon creation.
- Script-friendly for engaging animated stories.
- Seamless voice integration for characters.
- Powerful for rapid video production.
- Includes video game designs and UI elements.
- New users must put in effort to master its functions.
- Limited features compared to similar apps.
- Occasional glitches or bugs may arise.
- Character and asset variety is somewhat restrained.
- Minimal customization for advanced animations.
3. Adobe Express
Adobe Express is a graphics design and photo editing app for mobile. This app focuses on anything graphics whether video or image. You get access to lots of effects, backgrounds, fonts, and watermarks. Nevertheless, this app can also double as an animation app for Android devices.
Yes, it’s quite possible to create animated videos and art using Adobe Express, but if you’re a free user, you will be limited to basic features. If you must get access to all advanced tools to create animated art, then you have to subscribe to its membership plan. Adobe Express is not easy to use, so you have to sacrifice some time learning the hang of it.
- Diverse tools for creative expression.
- The app allows for designs and photo edits.
- Animation capabilities enhance art.
- Membership unlocks advanced features.
- Comprehensive platform for media creation.
- Limited features in the free version.
- Steeper learning curve for new users.
- Interface less intuitive than some competitors.
- Graphic emphasis may overshadow photo editing.
- Mobile limitations compared to desktop options.
4. Animation Desk
This is another fantastic tool to make use of if you want to learn how to create cartoons and other types of animated videos using your mobile device. Animation Desk gives you access to a lot of versatile tools that allow you to create moving pictures frame-by-frame. This tool is perfect for animating and storyboarding.
If you have a lot of ideas, then will definitely enjoy using this app. It allows you to bring your ideas to life just with moving pictures. Anime Desk offers you colour palettes, brushes, and erasers for developing and managing colour schemes. Whether you’re a professional or amateur animator, this app never disappoints.
- Versatile tools for animated creations.
- Frame-by-frame animation for personalization.
- Color palettes and brushes enhance creativity.
- Suitable for professionals and amateurs.
- Streamlined process for bringing ideas to life.
- Limited features compared to desktop software.
- Mobile device constraints for complex animations.
- Its user interface may be overwhelming.
- Restricted export options for high-end projects.
5. Stop Motion Studio
Stop Motion Studio can be regarded as one of the best animation apps for Android devices. If you’re searching for something simple, then you must know that this app is one of the easiest to use. Using it, you can get into stop-motion moviemaking at this moment. Stop Motion Studio app has an intuitive and straightforward user interface.
If you desire to become a movie maker someday, this app serves as some sort of mentorship. You will be able to create beautiful and interesting movies with it. If you’ve got ideas, with time you’d become a pro animator with the Stop Motion Studio app. If you’re into music, this app gives you access to a ton of soundtracks and sound effects.
- Intuitive interface for easy animation.
- Beginner-friendly mentorship for movie making.
- Creates beautiful and interesting stop-motion movies.
- Skill development for aspiring animators.
- Access to diverse soundtracks and effects.
- Lacks advanced features for experienced animators.
- Limited compared to professional animation software.
- Beginners may find the app difficult to master.
- May not suit those requiring intricate animations.
- Music options might not cater to all preferences.
6. Stick Nodes: Stickman Animator
Stick Nodes app focuses on letting you have fun whilst animating using your mobile. The app is quite popular and has a very large fan base that allows you to connect with other animators. This app was developed for the sole purpose of creating stickman animated videos.
Free as it is, the Stick Nodes app offers a lot of features and tools to help you create your own stick-figure-based movies. You even get access to export these videos as animated GIFs. Nonetheless, there’s a premium version of this app known as Stick Nodes Pro, and it comes with more advanced features than the free version. It is quite affordable also.
- Fun, user-friendly mobile animation app.
- Active community for animator connections.
- Free version with robust stick-figure animation tools.
- GIF export feature in the free version.
- Affordable premium version, Stick Nodes Pro.
- Advanced features require payment.
- There’s a learning curve for beginners.
- The app has occasional glitches or bugs.
- Relies on community engagement.
- Stick-figure style may not suit all artistic tastes.
FlipaClip is a well-regarded animation app for Android that offers users an array of tools such as brushes, grids, rulers, and onion skin, among others. It sets a high standard for digital drawing apps, and it’s a popular choice for those who want to create animations with ease. FlipaClip is without a doubt, one of the best animation apps for mobile.
What sets it apart from other similar apps is its impressive library of sound effects that can take animations to a whole new level. While this feature is paid, incorporating sound effects in simple animations can enhance the viewing experience for the audience. With this app, users can create high-quality animations with ease and take their creativity to the next level.
- Intuitive tools for easy animation creation.
- High standard for digital drawing apps.
- Impressive library of paid sound effects.
- Enhances viewer experience with creative animations.
- Recognized as a top mobile animation app.
- Sound effects feature is paid.
- Limited advanced animation techniques.
- Relies on in-app purchases for some features.
- Irregular updates may impact compatibility.
- May not fully satisfy professional animator needs.
8. LookSee Animator
LookSee Animator is an app that allows users to transform their pictures into animated videos using slow-motion and time-lapse animation. With this app, users can easily configure the frames to be captured using a proximity detector, movement or sound, and even remotely via a timer or button. The app also offers direct camera control for more personalized animation.
Once the frames are captured, users can edit and combine them to create a unique and engaging animation. Additionally, users can also break down a series of video images and combine them to create a new video or animated SIFCO. LookSee Animator is a simple yet powerful app that offers endless creative possibilities for users of all skill levels.
- Simple frame configuration with various options.
- Direct camera control for personalized animations.
- Easy editing for creating engaging animations.
- Versatile capabilities for video manipulation.
- User-friendly, suitable for all skill levels.
- Initial complexity may challenge beginners.
- Interface is somewhat less intuitive.
- Beginners need time to master advanced features.
- Export options are somewhat limited.
- Occasional glitches reported during remote capture.
9. Alight Motion
Have you ever seen those mesmerizing TikToks and Instagram Reels with smooth transitions? They look like they require a lot of professional equipment and software, right? But what if I told you that there’s an app that can make your smartphone a powerhouse for video editing? It’s called Alight Motion, and it has all the features of a full-blown video editing app.
The app is user-friendly, with a tutorial section for beginners. You can manually control keyframes to create animations with precision. With Alight Motion, you can create stunning videos without breaking the bank. So go ahead, let your creativity flow and create impressive videos that will make your followers go “wow!”
- Turns your smartphone into a potent video editor.
- User-friendly interface with a helpful tutorial.
- Offers precision in animation control.
- Feature-rich comparable to professional apps.
- Cost-effective for impressive video creation.
- New users must master advanced techniques.
- Beginners may find features overwhelming.
- Limited by smartphone processing power.
- Smaller screen compared to desktop applications.
- Potential for bugs or glitches needing updates.
10. Draw Cartoons 2
Creating an animation can be a daunting task, especially if you have to draw multiple frames manually. It becomes even more challenging when working on a smaller screen. That’s where Draw Cartoons 2 comes in! This app offers a hassle-free solution for those who want to do basic animation without investing a lot of time and effort.
With a vast library of pre-existing objects and characters, Draw Cartoons 2 is an excellent choice for beginners. The app uses a skeletal-based model that allows you to move objects around and create quick animations. You can even customize characters and add the same skeleton functionality to make the animation process ten times easier.
- Abundant library simplifies animation setup.
- User-friendly skeletal model for easy movement.
- Ideal for beginners exploring basic animation.
- Customization options for personalized characters.
- Time-efficient solution for quick animations.
- It has limited advanced features.
- Dependency on pre-existing objects.
- Challenges with smaller screen details.
- Not suitable for complex animations.
- The app lacks professional tools.
If you’re looking to add some excitement to your social media posts, LottieFiles is the perfect place to start. They have an extensive library of ready-made animations that are sure to grab the attention of your audience. Whether you need a simple GIF or something more complex, LottieFiles has got you covered.
The app also has a fantastic community of designers and animators who are more than happy to share their expertise and inspire you to create your own artwork. Plus, you can even use these animations as stickers on messaging platforms like WhatsApp. So if you’re ready to elevate your social media game, LottieFiles is definitely one of the best animation apps worth checking out!
- Vast library of animations for diverse content.
- Supportive community for inspiration and guidance.
- Versatile options from simple GIFs to complex designs.
- Use animations as stickers on messaging platforms.
- Elevates social media with attention-grabbing visuals.
- Learning curve for animation novices.
- Overwhelming choices in the extensive library.
- Limited customization options for unique animations.
- Primarily focused on messaging apps.
- Quality of user-generated content may vary.
12. Plotagon Story
Have you ever wanted to create your animated content? Plotagon Story, a free animation app, makes it easy to turn your stories into eye-catching animations. Whether you’re an aspiring filmmaker or a social media enthusiast, this app has got you covered. With Plotagon Story, you don’t need to be a professional animator to create an impressive animation.
All you need is your creativity and imagination. The app lets you choose from a range of scenes, characters, themes, and accessories to bring your stories to life. Plus, its developers keep updating the app with new and exciting features, so you can keep your animations fresh and engaging. Try Plotagon Story today and start sharing your animated stories with the world!
- Beginner-friendly animation creation.
- Diverse creative options for personalized stories.
- No advanced skills required; unleash your imagination.
- Regular updates ensure ongoing freshness.
- Easily share your animated stories online.
- Limited feature information upfront.
- Possible learning curve for newcomers.
- Reliance on frequent updates for new content.
- Animation quality varies based on user proficiency.
- Lack of clarity on potential in-app purchases.
There you have it, the best animation apps for Android devices. If you’re looking to become a movie maker, pro animator, and scriptwriter someday, these apps would be of great help to you. No matter which you decide to go for, you’ll not be disappointed. If you know of other credible apps for animation, let us know via the comments section. Nonetheless, before you leave, you could check out some of the best anime selfie apps to turn your selfie pictures into anime, as well as some of the best avatar maker apps on Android.