Trivia games are apps with quiz-type questions, available for both Android and iOS devices. They cover various topics and are rated based on the appropriate age for users. If you’re concerned about your child spending too much time on a smartphone, there are trivia games for kids that they can engage in instead.
These trivia games serve both fun and educational purposes. While having a good time, your kids could also benefit mentally as they learn while playing. Choosing from the multitude of trivia apps on the internet can be overwhelming, but our curated list here on Naijaknowhow is designed to simplify the process for you.
These specifically selected apps are suitable for children, ensuring they provide a safe and educational experience. It’s worth noting that while these apps are tailored for kids, adults can also enjoy them for some lighthearted fun. Below is a list of some of the best trivia apps for kids, aiming to turn their smartphone use into a way to boost knowledge and wisdom.
List of the Best Trivia Games and Apps for Kids
1. Trivia 360
Trivia 360 is a user-friendly online trivia app designed with children in mind. The game features uncomplicated yet challenging questions that encourage kids to put on their thinking caps. It serves as a fantastic tool for daily brain exercises, promoting cognitive development in an enjoyable manner.
The game incorporates both true-false and multiple-choice questions, requiring minimal effort to respond. This simplicity ensures that even young children can engage with the app comfortably. Navigating through the game is a breeze, thanks to its smooth and straightforward user interface.
One notable feature of Trivia 360 is the option to customize the experience by selecting specific categories for the questions. This allows parents or guardians to tailor the trivia sessions to suit their children’s interests or educational goals. In essence, Trivia 360 emerges as one of the effective trivia games for kids to enhance their cognitive abilities.
- Kid-friendly interface.
- Simple yet challenging questions.
- Customizable categories.
- Promotes cognitive development.
- Easy navigation.
- Contains ads
- In-app purchases
- May require parental guidance.
2. Trivia Crack
Trivia Crack is a great trivia app suitable for all kinds of users. It’s perfect for testing your general knowledge, and you can even use it with your kids. The game includes questions from six categories: sports, art, science, entertainment, history, and geography. These categories offer a variety of topics to keep things interesting.
The app comes with different difficulty levels, making it versatile for users of all ages. For younger players, it’s recommended to start with the easy mode and gradually increase the difficulty as they become more skilled at answering questions.
Additionally, parents can set a specific time limit for how long their child can use the app, providing a level of control over screen time. Overall, Trivia Crack provides an engaging and educational experience, offering a diverse range of questions across various subjects.
- Diverse categories cater to a wide range of interests.
- Adjustable difficulty levels make it accessible for all users.
- Parental control features allow setting screen time limits.
- Engaging and educational, enhancing general knowledge.
- Some users might find certain questions too challenging.
- In-app ads can be intrusive for some players.
- In-app purchases
Quizoid is an app made just for kids, and it’s all about answering questions to learn new things. The questions are made to be easy for children, and they cover different topics. Your child can pick their favorite subject or choose to answer questions from various subjects all mixed together.
If your child wants to play with others, Quizoid has a multiplayer option. This means they can compare what they know with other kids. The app is free to use, but if you don’t want ads and want access to more questions, you might need to get a subscription. Remember, with Quizoid, your child can have fun while learning, and you can choose the way they play.
- Engaging educational content tailored for children.
- Multiple subjects cater to diverse learning interests.
- Multiplayer option fosters friendly competition.
- Free to use.
- Flexible gameplay allows children to select among subjects.
- Contains ads
- Subscription for ad-free experience and additional questions.
4. Heads Up!
Heads Up! is a quiz app that covers a variety of topics such as movies, books, songs, and geography. It’s one of the trivia games suitable for kids as it has a simple and easy-to-use interface. It not only includes traditional quiz questions but also incorporates situation-based and behavioral questions, aiming to help develop the character of the kids.
The app is available for free, but there’s an option for in-app purchases. To ensure a child-safe experience, the app allows users to hide the purchase section. This feature gives parents peace of mind, knowing that their kids can enjoy the app without accidentally making any purchases.
Overall, Heads Up offers an engaging and educational experience for children, combining fun quizzes with character-building questions. The straightforward design and safety features make it a user-friendly choice for parents looking for an enriching yet secure app for their kids.
- Diverse topics for a well-rounded learning experience.
- Behavioral questions for character development.
- User-friendly interface suitable for kids.
- Free to download and use.
- Parental control.
- In-app purchases.
- Character-building questions may seem subjective.
5. SongPop Classic
This is a unique app among other trivia games for kids, in that it’s designed for those who love music and want to learn more about it. In the app, children can find a variety of music-related questions to test their knowledge. They can play on their own or challenge other SongPop Classic users to see who can answer the questions the fastest.
The app comes with cool features that let kids customize their experience. They can choose the types of questions they want, like their favorite music genres or preferred language. Points are earned by answering questions quickly, adding a fun and competitive element to the learning experience.
Overall, SongPop Classic is a fun and educational way for kids to explore their love for music. With its user-friendly design and customizable options, it provides an engaging platform for children to enjoy and expand their musical knowledge.
- Engaging music trivia for kids.
- Customizable options for preferred genres and language.
- Competitive element with fast-paced question answering.
- User-friendly design enhances the overall experience.
- Fun and educational, expanding children’s musical knowledge.
- Limited appeal for those not interested in music.
- Some users may prefer more diverse content.
- Kids need to be more matured.
- Contains ads.
- In-app purchases.
6. Family Trivia Free
Family Trivia is made just for kids. The app has various categories like food, the human body, numbers, and letters, all meant to be fun and educational. The way the app looks is really nice, and it’s made to catch your child’s interest.
It’s not hard for kids to use the app on their own because the buttons and features are easy to figure out. The questions in the app were made by teachers, and they are designed to help your child’s brain grow.
What’s cool is that cartoon characters ask the questions, which makes it more fun for your child. The app isn’t just a game; it’s a way for your child to learn new things in an enjoyable way. So, it’s like having a fun friend that teaches your child interesting stuff!
- Engaging and visually appealing design
- Educational content created by teachers
- User-friendly interface for easy navigation
- Cartoon characters make learning fun and entertaining
- Encourages independent use by kids
- No additional features or updates since it’s free.
- Some kids might outgrow the content quickly.
Jeopardy! is a trivia game that gives you the chance to feel what it’s like to be part of a trivia game show. When you play, you have two options: you can go solo in offline mode or face off against two randomly chosen opponents in a match. The game follows the same format as the real Jeopardy show, with three topics and three point choices displayed.
You get to pick the difficulty of the question and the points you can earn if you answer correctly. Unlike the TV show, the answers are multiple choice. The convenience of multiple-choice answers simplifies the gameplay. Throughout the game, players can use power-ups to their advantage, such as removing wrong answers or getting extra time to think.
The inclusion of power-ups adds an extra layer of strategy, allowing players to enhance their chances of success. While you can’t win real money like on the actual show, it offers a fun and entertaining experience for trivia enthusiasts. Although there are in-app purchases available, the core game is free.
- Authentic Jeopardy! experience with real show format.
- Flexible gameplay options, including solo mode or multiplayer.
- Multiple-choice answers simplify gameplay.
- Strategic use of power-ups.
- Free game with optional in-app purchases.
- Contains ads
- In-app purchases necessary for a fully enhanced experience.
8. Sir Dapp! Game Show
Sir Dapp! Game Show is a special app for kids. It’s like a TV game show where kids can answer questions. The host is Sir Dapp, who teaches children about manners and how to be polite. The game asks questions about how to treat their homes, friends, families, and others in a nice way.
In this game, when a new question comes up, kids can choose a category. The categories are like groups of questions. Some categories are about table manners, and others are about social-gathering etiquette. Each question has a specific style.
The important thing to win is to be polite, show good manners, and respect others. This app is not free; you need to pay to use it. But it’s a fun and educational way for kids to learn about being polite and having good manners through a game show with Sir Dapp.
- Engaging and educational game format.
- Valuable lessons on manners and respect.
- Diverse range of categories.
- Interactive way for kids to develop social skills.
- Requires payment, limiting access for some users.
- Could be challenging for younger children to navigate independently.
These trivia games for kids serve as a constructive alternative, offering a balance between screen time and learning. By incorporating engaging quizzes, they provide an opportunity for kids to acquire knowledge in an interactive and enjoyable manner. So, whether it’s for education or fun purposes, you’ll find the perfect trivia app for children.