Airpods are cool to have and even though they’re one of the best wireless earphones out there, sometimes they’re very easy to lose. But everything is connected if you’re using any Apple Products and you can have your Airpods tracked just like how it is when an iPhone is missing.
Apple Airpods are one of the best Earbuds in the market, they offer a whole new method to wireless connections, you can make calls easily with them, listen to music at the loudest volume and so much more.
If you’re using any of the Apple Airpoids like AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max, you have to be careful of losing it due to their small-sized shape, and when they get missing, you might not want to find it. But if you have much interest in getting your missing Airpods back, here’s an article on how to find missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max.
How to Find Missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max
I stumbled upon this tutorial somewhere, and I feel I should share it since I’ve seen cases of missing Airpods that couldn’t be recovered. These methods are not going to guarantee you’ll find your missing Airpods from a far distance. It’s guaranteed to work in close proximity.
Things To Know Before Finding A Missing AirPods
- You’ll be able to find your missing Airpod irrespective of the Airpod model you’re using. And this only work on a charged Airpod.
- You can chime your Airpods if you haven’t lost your Airpod case, this lets you find your Airpods if you had lost them nearby.
- The chime features only works in close proximity, so if you lost your Airpods somewhere far, don’t bother chiming it because it won’t work and you won’t find it.
- Having your Airpods misplaced in two different places makes it stressful to find both at once. So if you lost both pods separately, you’ll need to find one first, then refresh your map to find the other.
- Airpods are linked to Apple Account, this makes it very easy to find them and also not very easy, if your missing Airpods lands in the hand of another Apple user, there are chances it will be rested and you will lose access to it.
How To Find Missing AirPods Using FindMy App
Find My is a tracking service introduced by Apple for users to easily find any of their missing devices, and this works across all Apple devices and it makes finding any lost Apple product very easy to track and locate. People mostly use it to find missing iPhones and iPads.
But since Airpods are also connected to Apple Accounts, you can also use this option to find your missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max. Follow the steps below to know how to find missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max.
Step 1. On your iPhone, iPad or Mac device, open the Find My App and make sure you’re logged in with your Apple ID and Password.
Step 2. Once you’re in, click on the Devices tab shown from the options below, now click on the Airpod you want to find.
Step 3. Once you’ve clicked on the Airpod, you’ll see two options like Play Sound and Directions. The app will also show your Airpods last known location (Only if you enable it prior to losing your Airpods)
Step 4. From the two options, you can choose to use anyone but I’ll advise you use Play Sound if you feel your Airpod is in close proximity ( this is known as the chiming of Airpods) But if you’re not sure of where your Airpod is, you can use the Directions and this will help you find your Airpods last known location.
Locate Missing AirPods Using iCloud
This is an alternative method for finding missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max. You can easily find an Airpod via the Apple iCloud website. You only need to have your Apple ID and password with you.
Step 1. Open your browser app and visit the Apple iCloud Website. Then sign in with your Apple ID and password. Once logged in, click on All Devices and select your Airpods from the list of all devices shown in your Apple ID.
Step 2. After clicking on the Airpod, you’ll see a map revealing your Airpods last known location. You can use the map to find your missing AirPods. You’ll be lucky enough if it was nearby.
Step 3. You can also use the Play Sounds option to chime your AirPods and if they’re nearby with an active battery on, you’ll be able to find them easily.
That’s how you find missing AirPods, AirPods Pro, & AirPods Max without doing too much, these methods also work for finding any Apple device, it was mainly introduced for finding missing iPhone, iPad and iPods. I hope you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share it with friends.
More On Tech Tutor:
- How to link NIN to your SIM (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9mobile, Spectranet)
- How to easily move chats from WhatsApp to Telegram!