In this article, we’ll show you how to fix Facebook Videos Not Playing error. So, you’re scrolling through your Facebook feed, looking for some interesting videos to watch, but they just won’t play! It can be frustrating, right? Well, you’re not alone. Many people experience this issue, but luckily, there are some things you can do to fix it.
Sometimes, slow internet can cause Facebook videos to buffer and not play. It’s a common reason why videos won’t load, and it’s pretty annoying. But don’t worry; you don’t have to be a tech genius to solve this issue. Another reason why your Facebook videos may not play could be due to server issues. That might sound a bit complicated, but it’s really not.
If you’ve tried everything and still can’t get your Facebook videos to play, don’t worry. There are many possible solutions out there, and here on Naijaknowhow, we can help you find the one that works for you. So, sit back, relax, and let’s fix this together!
Why the ‘Facebook Videos Not Playing’ Error?
Yes, there are several reasons why Facebook videos may refuse to play on your smartphone. But below, we’ll explain the important ones. So let’s see them!
- Poor Internet Connection: A weak internet connection can cause issues with the Facebook app or website, leading to difficulties in playing videos. To address this, there are several ways to boost Wi-Fi speed.
- Facebook Cache Files: Overloaded cache files on Facebook can also impact app performance and may prevent videos from playing. Clearing the cache may help resolve the issue of a Facebook video not playing on your device.
- Video Unavailability: In some cases, videos on Facebook may not play due to their unavailability. This could occur if the videos have been removed from the source.
How to Fix ‘Facebook Videos Not Playing’ Error?
In case you’re experiencing difficulties playing videos on Facebook, the Support Team of the tech giant recommends a few methods for you to attempt. If those fundamental techniques don’t resolve the issue, you may want to consider trying out the advanced workarounds provided below.
Step 1: Make Sure Video is Available on Facebook
It’s not uncommon for videos to be unavailable on the Facebook app. Several videos that get uploaded are often removed from the platform for various reasons. The video you were attempting to watch may have been deleted. Here are a few indicators of video unavailability: The “watch video” icon will be absent, or an error message reading “This content isn’t available right now” will display on the screen.
Step 2: Restart Your Device
Restarting your smartphone is a highly effective method to address various issues on your Android or iOS device. It is considered one of the best solutions to solve problems, and it could also fix the issue of not being able to watch videos on the Facebook app.
Step 3: Update Facebook App
If you have trouble watching videos on Facebook, it could be because you’re using an outdated version of the app. You know how it goes – old versions tend to cause a bunch of annoying errors on our smartphones. But don’t worry, there’s an easy fix – just make sure you’ve got the latest and most compatible version of the app installed. That way, you’ll be able to enjoy all the videos you want without any pesky glitches getting in the way!
Step 4: Turn Off Data Saver Mode
To play videos on Facebook, a strong internet connection is necessary. However, if you have enabled the Data Saver Mode in the app, it may limit Facebook’s ability to play videos. If you’re encountering this issue, you can temporarily disable the feature by following the same steps on both Android and iOS devices. Below, I’ve shared how to do it:
- Open the Facebook app on your device.
- Tap on the Three-dot Menu button located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap on Settings and Privacy.
- Find and select Settings from the list of options.
- Scroll down the page and tap on Media located under preferences.
- Look for the Video Quality section and you will see two options available: Optimised and Data Saver.
- Tap on the first option, Optimised, to disable the “Data Saver Mode” on Facebook.
Step 5: Log Out and Log In Again
Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you abruptly close an app on your smartphone, things start to act wonky? Like, if you suddenly close the Facebook app, you might not be able to watch any videos there. But don’t worry, I’ve got a quick and easy fix for you! Just log out of your account and then log back in again. It should clear up any errors and get you back to scrolling through your feed in no time.
Step 6: Clear Facebook Cache
Applications, regardless of whether they are on an Android or an iOS device, tend to accumulate cache files. The Facebook app is particularly prone to accumulating a large amount of cache data in its browser. Some of these unnecessary cache files may result in errors such as “Facebook videos not playing.” To resolve this issue, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Facebook app until options appear on the screen.
- From the given options, tap on the ‘i’ icon as shown in the screenshot below.
- Look for the ‘Clear data‘ option at the bottom center of the screen and tap on it.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Clear cache‘.
Regrettably, removing Facebook’s cache data on an iPhone is not a simple task. To clear the cache data for the Facebook app, you will need to uninstall the app and reinstall it to start anew.
Step 7: Contact Facebook Tech Support
If the procedures provided above did not assist you in addressing the problems that are causing Facebook videos to not play, the underlying issue could be more critical and technical. In such a scenario, we recommend that you contact Facebook support directly. Although it is improbable, the issue may solely be a Facebook problem. Following that, all you need to do is wait for the resolution.
Fixing the Facebook videos not playing error can be done through the methods that were shared in this article. By following these steps, you can enjoy uninterrupted video playback on Facebook. But If the issue persists, you can reach out to Facebook support for further assistance. That should be the last resort for fixing this issue. Cheers!
- How to Recover Hacked Facebook Account
- How to Save Facebook Videos to a Gallery Without App
- How to Download Facebook Videos on Mobile & PC