This article on Naijaknowhow comprises how to share data on Airtel in Nigeria. Check out how to transfer data bundles on Airtel to your friends and family using the right USSD code.
Are you looking for where or how to dispatch your excessive data bundle? The good news is Airtel Nigeria now allows you to share data with your close relatives, friends or even those who will exchange money for data (like a mini data reselling business for small data consumers).
With the Airtel Smart-Share service, subscribers of Airtel can now apportion their internet data in megabytes and gigabytes quickly using just one simple USSD code. This service isn’t data gifting nor is it data renewal, it’s for those who have active data on their Airtel SIM cards and wants to distribute it to other close pals. That said, let’s dive right in as we explore the ways to share your Airtel data with friends and families.
How to Share Data on Airtel (Smart-Share) Using Transfer Code
The Airtel SmartShare service consists of a bouquet of offerings that allows internet data bundles to be used by more than one customer in any of the following ways:
- Me2U: sending a bundle from your currently active bundle
- Gifting: buy a bundle for another line
To share data on Airtel via Me2U:
- To share data (MB) on Airtel, dial *141# >> Select 7 for Data Gifting & Sharing >> Select 4 for Data Me2U >> Select 2 to Send Me2U from existing data >> Enter the Recipient’s Phone Number >> Data Allowanace (Max. 200MB) >> Enter PIN to confrim data transfer.
- Alternatively, you can also dial *141*7*4# and then follow the menu prompt to share data on Airtel.
The data allowance shareable on Airtel Me2U: It has a maximum data size of 200MB per day.
To share data on Airtel via Data Gifting:
- Dial *141# >> Select 6 for Data Gifting & Sharing >> Select 2 for Data Gifting to continue >> Select your desired data bundle type and size >> Follow the prompt to gift data on Airtel.
- Alternatively, you can also dial *141*6*2# to get started, then follow the menu prompt to gift data on Airtel.
The data allowance shareable on Airtel Data Gifting: It is restricted to regular data bundle plans.
Note: The default pin is 1234 and everything involved is totally FOC (Free of charge). The PIN must be changed before you can start sending or sharing data.
Changing Airtel Data Gifting & Sharing Default PIN
In order to prevent an unauthorised person from doing Data Sharing/Gifting from your phone, a PIN is required before you can share or gift data to anyone. When you access Data Sharing/Gifting for the first time, you will be required to change your PIN from the default PIN (1234) to any PIN you desire to use.
- To change your Airtel Data Gifting & Sharing PIN, dial *141*6*1# then follow the prompt.
How to Share Data on Other Networks
Now that you know how to transfer data on Airtel, why not explore the additional resource on other networks in Nigeria below;
If you’re among those who do not want to purchase airtime to buy a cheap data plan, then you should see our post on how to manage your data plan to make it last a bit longer. Oh, one final thing… If the above data transfer code worked for you, don’t forget to drop a comment via the comment box to help this piece stay relevant and valuable.