Steam Gift Card is a great gift card because of its flexibility to purchase any game of your choice or for subscription-based services. However, there are times you are not sure of the balance on your gift card.
If you want to know the necessary steps involved in how to check the balance of a steam gift card, you are at the right place. Let’s get started!
What is Steam?
Steam is widely known as a site that hosts video games. It can be loaded onto your laptop or computer, so it serves as a perfect substitute for consoles. A lot of games and services are also available on the platform.
Steam is recognized as the existing choice for PC games due to its all-around benefits of PC gaming and complete networking services. It renders its service just online and still makes gift cards available which can be bought in various authorized stores.
What is a Steam Gift Card?
Steam Gift Card is a digital gift card that carries your balance which can be redeemed through Steam for credit.
Balance from the Steam Gift Card can be used to purchase digital products like software, hardware, downloadable content, video games, and in-game content.
Steam Gift Card is available in different forms and values. It can come in physical form as a physical card or in digital form as a digital card. The digital card is available in various denominations like $5, $10, $25, $50, and $100 while the physical card comes in $20, $30, $50, and $100.
Facts About Steam Gift Card?
- Steam Gift Card is one of the best gift cards with the highest resale value in Nigeria.
- Steam Gift Card does not expire. In case you find your wallet empty despite being sure you got some funds left, it is probably due to a recent transaction and the system spontaneously withdrawing funds from it in addition to your choice of payment method.
- Gaming enthusiasts are fond of the digital Steam gift card as it gives free access to a lot of games and downloads online.
- Steam Gift Card gives you limitless time for your PC and Mac games. The availability of various kinds of games makes it appreciated by game lovers.
- PayPal can be used on Steam to purchase downloadable content, video games, and other items. If you want PayPal as one of your payment methods on Steam, simply add it as an option just like a credit or debit card.
- Steam Gift Card allows you to buy any item you choose to buy without restriction. So, you don’t need to worry about finding the right gift. It is a good way of providing any gift that anyone will like.
Why is it Important to Check My Steam Gift Card Balance?
- If you decide to donate the gift card to charity, it is important to know how much it is worth
- If you decide to purchase the gift card from a third party, it is advisable to confirm the balance to make sure it is unused
- If you decide to resell, it is expected you know how much is left on it
- If you choose to make a purchase with an already used gift card, you should first verify how much money is on it
How Can I Redeem My Steam Gift Card Online?
The following easy steps will guide you on how to redeem a Steam gift card.
- Go to the Steam Website and log in to your Steam account
- At the top right-hand corner, click on your account name there
- Select “View My Wallet”
- Then on “Redeem a Steam Gift Card or Wallet Code”
- Enter your gift card code into the blanks
- Tap “Continue”
How Can I Check My Steam Gift Card Balance?
- Visit Steam website
- Sign in to your Steam account
- Check below your profile name at the top right corner. Your gift card balance is displayed there.
How Can I Use a Steam Gift Card?
Steam exists as both digital and physical cards and comes in various values ranging from $5 to $100. You can use a Steam Gift Card to buy games, software, and related items from the steam website.
To effectively use a digital steam gift card, you are required to accept it from your account upon getting it from a friend using Steam. Upon your acceptance of the gift card, money will be transferred to your wallet.
What Can I Do After a Steam Gift Card Balance Check?
After confirming the balance on your Steam Gift Card, you can choose to do any of the following:
- You can exchange a Steam gift card for cash. There are diverse websites and stores that resell gift cards, where you can sell your new or used card. The disadvantage of stores is that you need to be physically present. Also, there are some places where you can’t sell a gift card lower than $20. Be cautious about websites you choose to trade your cards. You can be sure of 80% value on the best site to sell gift cards.
- You can purchase any item of your choice. If there is enough balance in your Steam gift card, you can use it to buy a game or any other item on Steam.
- You can exchange your Steam gift card for a card from a different trader. This service is being offered on various platforms.
- You can donate the physical card. There are some charities that appreciate gift cards as donations.
- You can request cash back. Normally, Steam doesn’t refund gift cards. However, there are platforms that allow you to get your money back without stress.
Can I Sell my Steam Gift Card Balance?
Yes, you can sell Steam Gift Card balance for some cash. Although, Steam does not support converting your stream gift card to cash but some third-party websites make this possible.
Steam doesn’t permit wallet balance conversion to cash to prevent scammers from using the platform for their work. Although, in the US, there are cashback laws in place that do not allow customers to get more than $10 cashback in some states.
You can decide to exchange the balance to cash by buying Counter-Strike weapon skins. Then, sell the weapon skins on third-party websites for cash.
Steam doesn’t limit you to just playing games and trading items gotten through playing. There is hardware that you can buy that a lot of people are not aware of.
If you desire a refund after buying a steam gift card, you can go to the service desk at the store where they can examine the card to confirm if it is eligible for a refund.
Steam Gift Cards that have not been redeemed yet but activated are eligible for a refund.
Interestingly, the steam gift card does not have an expiry date. So, the gift card balance stays the same if left unused and you can choose to keep redeeming and funding your gift card when the balance is slow. This explains why a steam gift card is such a good investment.
Finally, make sure you are cautious enough not to become a victim to online scammers who always disguise themselves as official agents.
- +234 812 534 9466