For many people, there is a misconception that AirPods cannot be connected to Android smartphones. It is a myth! In this article on Naijaknowhow, we will explain how to connect AirPods to an Android device. Now, not only owners of apples can buy AirPods.
You will be incredibly surprised, but the process of connecting wireless headphones for iPhone to Android devices is very simple:
5 Steps to Connect Apple Airpods to Android Smartphones
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone;
- Next, open the cover of the case without removing the headphones from the branded case;
- Find the round button on the back of the case and hold it until the white indicator flashes;
- Now it remains only to find on your phone, in the Bluetooth tab – AirPods, click on them and select the “pairing” function.
- Done, everything is insanely simple. Now, you can use these headphones without even having an Apple device.
But still, you will not be able to use some functions when pairing AirPods + Android.
- You will not be able to use the voice assistant – Siri, because this is a proprietary of Apple devices;
- If you pull the headphones out of your ear, the music will not stop automatically;
- You will not be able to see and control the charge indicator, this only works with Apple devices.
But, we found a solution to these problems. After downloading the Assistant Trigger application, you can get almost everything, the functions that are on Apple devices and apply them using your Android smartphone. Through this application, you can configure your headphones so that with a double tab, your music is paused, or perhaps the Google voice assistant is turned on, etc.
Thus, you get all the functions that are available when pairing these headphones with the iPhone. This is very cool and convenient because now it works on Android. And to control the charge of the headphones, you need the AirBattery application.[appbox googleplay friedrich.georg.airbattery]
As for the quality of the headphones on Android smartphones, it will be the same as when paired with smartphones using the Apple operating system.