If you’re a Snapchat user, you probably know the feeling of sending a message or photo and instantly regretting it. It happens to the best of us! But don’t worry, Snapchat has got your back with their “Unsend” feature. Using it, you can easily unsend a message on Snapchat.
Basically, the “Unsend” feature lets you delete a message or photo before the person you sent it to has a chance to see it. It’s a lifesaver for those moments when you accidentally send something to the wrong person or send a message in the heat of the moment that you later regret.
Whether it’s a typo, a message you didn’t mean to send, or a photo you wish you hadn’t shared, the “Unsend” feature is there to help. It’s like a little safety net for your Snapchat conversations. In this article on Naijaknowhow, we’ll show you how to unsend a message on Snapchat with simple procedures. Without further ado, let’s get started!
How to Unsend a Message on Snapchat
Want to learn how to unsend a message on Snapchat? Well, you’re in luck because I’m here to help you out! Just keep reading, and I’ll give you all the juicy details on how to unsend those messages you regret sending in no time. Below, you’ll find how to do so.
Can You Unsend a Message Without People Knowing?
Yes, you can totally delete a Snap from a chat log, even if the other person hasn’t seen it yet. Basically, they’ll just get a notification saying that you deleted the Snap, and they won’t be able to see what you sent.
Now, if the other person has already seen the Snap, don’t worry! You can still delete it from the chat log. But keep in mind, Snapchat does send a notification if someone takes a screenshot, so you can at least feel a bit better knowing that they can’t keep any evidence of the message on their phone.
What Happens When You Delete an Unread Message on Snapchat?
If you delete an unread chat, the other person will get a notification message saying that you deleted it. Nevertheless, they won’t be able to see the chat anymore. And if you delete multiple lines from a chat, they’ll get a separate notification for each one. Just thought you should know!
How to Unsend Messages on Snapchat App?
To delete sent messages on Snapchat before they are opened, follow the given procedures below:
- Launch the Snapchat app on your smartphone.
- Navigate to the Chat tab located on the bottom panel.
- Choose the conversation from where you wish to retract a Snap message on Snapchat.
- Press and hold the specific message that you want to delete from the chat screen.
- A pop-up window will appear; tap on Delete.
- Next, select Delete Chat to confirm and remove the message permanently from the chat history.
How to Delete a Snap on Snapchat?
If you want to delete a Snap on Snapchat, you can only do so if it’s already been delivered or opened by the person or group you sent it to. Once you delete it, everyone in the chat will be notified that the Snap has been removed.
Now, Snapchat always tries to get rid of the Snap completely from their servers and the devices of the people who received it. But sometimes, if there are connectivity issues or if someone’s using an outdated version of the app, the Snap might still be visible for a little while after you delete it.
- Launch the Snapchat application and go to the chat where you sent the snap message.
- Press and hold down the snap message you want to unsend from the chat screen.
- Next, select “Delete” from the available options to unsend the snap message on Snapchat.
- Confirm the deletion by tapping “Delete” again in the “Delete Snap” pop-up menu.
This is how you can delete a snap from any conversation. This method is effective and will help you get rid of any snap you do not want others to have access to.
Revoking a message on Snapchat has never been easier with these simple steps, providing users with a sense of control over their digital footprint. Whether it’s a typo, an embarrassing photo, or an unintended message, the unsend feature offers a quick and convenient solution. Using this feature, you can enhance your privacy and communication on the app.
- How to Easily Recover Your Snapchat Account
- How to Unpin Someone on Snapchat (Android/iOS)
- How to Fix Twitter ‘Something Went Wrong’ Error