DStv is one of the most popular and most used cable TV in Africa, DStv is a Sub-Saharan African direct broadcast satellite service owned by MultiChoice. While many people opt for this cable TV here in Nigeria, most still rely on Over-The-Counter renewal or recharge methods even though there is a smarter and more reliable way to recharge your DStv. In this post on Naijaknowhow, you’ll learn how you can make payment, subscribe, or recharge your DStv decoder using USSD Code in Nigeria.
This top cable TV provides various bouquets that encompass all types of income earners, for example, DStv Padi and DStv Yanga channels can be watched at the lowest possible price you can think of, the over 80+ channels, however, is limited and that’s why subscribing to a more robust package is recommended. If you’re new to using DStv, it’s important to note that you can recharge your DStv through numerous channels which DStv has made possible, one of those is the USSD code method which I’m about to reveal below.
Before we dive right into it, let’s check the benefits of using the USSD Code to pay for your DStv subscription today!
Benefits of Using DStv USSD Recharge Code
- It works for all types of mobile phones.
- It’s super-fast, easy and convenient.
- It does not require an internet connection (data) on your phone to renew DStv.
- It does not require visiting a physical location.
- Available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- It allows you to recharge your DStv account through your bank USSD.
List of All DStv USSD Recharge Codes in Nigeria (Summary)
DStv USSD Subscription Codes
|Access Bank||*903# >> Enter 3 >> Enter 2 for DStv >> Follow prompt|
|Ecobank||*326# >> Follow prompt|
|First Bank||*894# >> Pay Bills >> Follow prompt|
|Keystone Bank||*7111# >> Follow prompt|
|Polaris Bank||*833*2# >> Follow prompt|
|Stanbic Mobile||*909*60# >> Follow Prompt|
|Unity Bank||*7799*32*SmartCardNumber*1# for Yanga (more below)|
NOTE: A mobile transaction using USSD codes require account registration for first-timers and a PIN code (either 4 or 5 digits depending on the bank involved) which could be done by simply dialling the various bank USSD code (as seen here) and following the screen prompts.
Without further ado, let’s check out the list of all useful USSD codes, their platforms/banks and the steps to recharge DStv using the USSD code in Nigeria.
Note that a ₦6.98 network charge will be applied to your bank for banking services on this channel.
How to Recharge DStv Using USSD Code in Nigeria
1. Access Bank DStv Recharge Code
If you’re in need of the Access Bank USSD code for DStv subscription, carefully follow the instruction below to get started.
- Dial *903# from your mobile phone.
- Enter 3 for “Bill Payment” option.
- The menu will display different Bill Payment options available (DSTV, PHCN etc)
- Enter the number for the appropriate option e.g Enter 2 for DSTV bills payment.
- Supply the necessary details and follow the prompt.
2. Ecobank DStv Recharge Code
Recharging your DStv account can also be done through the Ecobank USSD code as explained below, simply follow the instructions to get started:
- Dial *326# >> Select ‘Payment type’ >> Select ‘DSTV’ >> Enter Smart Card Number >> Enter Amount >> Enter your 4 digits PIN.
3. eTranzact BankIT DStv Recharge Code
The eTranzact BankIT solution allows you to pay for your DStv subscription, directly from your bank account, online and on mobile.
- To pay on mobile, simply dial *389*9*SmartCardNumber# then follow the prompts.
4. FCMB DStv Recharge Code
FCMB customers can recharge their DStv account by following the instruction below.
- Simply dial *329*2*Amount*SmartCardNumber# then follow the screen prompt after to recharge and reactivate your DStv account.
5. Fidelity Bank DStv Recharge Code
Pay your DStv biller using the Fidelity Bank USSD code by simply following the guide below:
- Dial *770*Code*SmartCardNumber*Amount#. For example, if you want to renew your DSTV Compact Plus Package, simply dial *770*1099*0123456789*12400#.
The fidelity bank code for DStv is 1099.
6. First Bank DStv Recharge Code
First Bank USSD code allows you to carry out numerous mobile banking transactions on your mobile device and one of those is recharging your DStv cable TV, carefully follow the instruction below to top-up your DStv account.
- Dial *894# >> Pay Bills >> Follow the prompt.
7. GTBank DStv Recharge Code
For GTBANk customers who want to pay their DSTV subscription using GTBank 737, follow the below instructions:
- Dial *737*SmartCardNumber# or *737*SmartCardNumber*Amount# >> Follow the prompt. For Example, you can dial *737*0123456789*12400# to activate the Compact Plus plan which costs ₦12,400.
8. Keystone Bank DStv Recharge Code
Kindly follow the guide below to start recharging your account:
- Dial *7111# on your registered phone number;
- Select ‘Other services’;
- Select ‘Bills Payment’ on the next page to make payment for a biller. E.g Select DStv to make payment.
9. Polaris Bank DStv Recharge Code
Renew your DSTV subscription with Polaris Bank *833#. To get started, simply follow the steps below:
- Dial *833*2#
- Select which of your Polaris Bank Accounts you would like to use to make the payment.
- Select the biller you would like to pay.
- Follow the prompts.
- Enter the amount.
- Enter your PIN (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration).
10. Stanbic Mobile DStv Recharge Code
For customers of Stanbic Bank, you can use the Stanbic Mobile Wallet via USSD to easily make your DStv payments.
- Dial *909# on your mobile phone and send >> Select ‘4’ and press Register >>Provide customer information required on each field and send
- You can also directly dial *909*60#
11. Sterling Bank DStv Recharge Code
The guide shared below will disclose how to renew your DStv account with the help of your Sterling Bank USSD code below:
- Dial *822*BillerCode*UniqueCode*Amount# or *simply *822*2# to see different billers. For example: From your mobile device, dial *822*881099*0123456789*12400# to pay for a ₦12400 DStv Compact Plus plan.
|CODE||BILLER NAME||ID REQUIRED|
|1099||DStv||Smart Card Number|
12. UBA DStv Recharge Code
UBA USSD code also supports Bill Payment which allows you to renew your account on DStv. To get started, simply follow the instructions below:
- Dial *919*5*2# on your phone then follow the onscreen prompt to recharge your DStv.
13. Union Bank DStv Recharge Code
If you’re looking for how to recharge DStv using USSD code through Union Bank in Nigeria, then you’re in the right place, follow the steps below to reload your account package:
- Dial *826# >> follow the on-screen prompt to renew TV Biller for your DStv account.
14. Unity Bank DStv Recharge Code
The table below contains all the codes you need to recharge DStv via Unity Bank USSD code, carefully dial the code to activate your account.
|DStv Bouquets||USSD Codes|
|Compact Plus (12400)||*7799*32*SmartCardNumber*3#|
15. Wema/ALAT DStv Recharge Code
Wema bank or ALAT by Wema users can simply recharge or renew their DStv by dialling the USSD below.
- Dial *945*11# or *945*11*SmartCardNumber# to recharge your DStv then follow the prompt.
16. Zenith Bank DStv Recharge Code
Zenith bank users can also make payments through the USSD code provided. To get started, simply follow the instruction below.
- Dial *966*7*Amount*CustomerID# then follow the onscreen prompt to recharge your DStv subscription through the USSD provided by Zenith Bank.
There you go, that concludes our guide on how to recharge DStv using USSD Code in Nigeria. With the USSD codes above, you can now say goodbye to Over-The-Counter subscription procedures. While we ensure to keep this article up-to-date, we can’t guarantee the validity of the codes shared above (we are not affiliated to the above platforms/banks, this is only for educational purposes), it’s important that you cross-check to make sure you’re dialling the right code. Also, we’d appreciate it if you help us spot any discrepancies in the write-up by sharing using the comment box below.
More on Mobile Banking:
- List of All Bank USSD Codes in Nigeria (Mobile Banking)
- All Bank Transfer Codes – How To Transfer Money Via Mobile Phone in Nigeria
- How To Recharge Your Phone From Any Bank Via USSD Code In Nigeria
- How to Block an ATM Card for All Banks in Nigeria (Stolen or Missing)
- How to Block or Deactivate Bank USSD Code in Nigeria
You guys are really trying. Keep up the good work 🤠.