To fix black screen of death on Android is one of the most complicated error fixes on Android, the Android device is prone to different issues, and at times you can come up against errors like Emergency Calls Only and so on.
But the black screen of death is something that doesn’t happen occasionally on most Android devices, but when it does. The experience might be overwhelming because you’ll definitely have zero ideas of what could have caused it and how to fix it.
In today’s article on NaijaKnowHow, we’re going to walk you through different methods on how to fix black screen of death on Android devices.
How to Fix Black Screen of Death on Android Devices
The black screen of death is something that has happened to one or two Android devices we’ve come across. Especially the Samsung Galaxy S8 and while they’ve only been one solution that works for it, there are more you can try even if your device isn’t manufactured by Samsung.
Below are some of the ways to fix black screen of death on Android devices.
Method 1: Forcefully Restarting Your Android Device
We will like to use the Samsung Galaxy S8 as an example. This device entered a black screen mode and while text and messages and even calls were coming in, the screen remained pitch-black and nothing was coming up. One of the quick fixes that worked was forcefully restarting the device and it didn’t just happen with the power button alone.
To forcefully restart your Android device while in a black screen of death mode, kindly follow the steps below.
- Press and hold the Power Button + Volume Down button of your Android device.
- Press and hold for at least 10 seconds or more, then once the device has vibrated, release both fingers.
- Now power your device up again by using the Power Button. If this method doesn’t work, then use the Power Button + Volume Up button.
Method 2: Uninstall Unsupported Apps
Compatibility issues between apps and the Android OS is another reason why the black screen of death might happen. Using unsupported apps on Android is one reason why Unfortunately App Has Stopped error does often occur on Android and this can also lead to a black screen of death.
It is important to note the app that causes this glitch, and if you want to know how to fix black screen of death by removing unsupported apps on your Android device, kindly follow the steps below.
- On your Android device, click on Settings.
- Then go to Apps or Apps Managements, and from there you’ll see the list of all the apps you’ve installed on your Android device.
- Locate the app that causes the black screen glitch, click on it and tap the Uninstall App button.
Method 3: Factory Reset Mode
Another quick fix to the black screen of death glitch on Android is to reset the device completely. One of the reasons that might be causing black screen of death could be malware or virus and even after using different Antivirus Apps, there seems to be no avail.
Resetting the device might help and to Factory Reset an Android device, you need to follow the steps below.
- Go to your Android device Settings.
- On some devices, you’ll need to go to Backup & Reset, and if not, go to Security, then look for the option that says Reset.
- Click on Reset, then click on Factory Data Reset. You’ll be asked to enter your phone password before proceeding. Do that and press the Reset button while your Android device resets.
Method 4: Visit A Smartphone Engineer
You might have carried out different solutions with the aid of a way to fix black screen of death on your Android device and so far none of them seems to work out fine. One good option you might want to consider is taking your Android device to a smartphone engineer because they might have a better understanding of the error at hand and also how to fix it.
The black screen of death is a glitch you’ll likely not want to come across on your Android device. But if in case you do or if you’ve been dealing with it lately, this article will help you out on how to fix black screen of death on Android devices.