Spotify has undoubtedly become one of the most popular music streaming services worldwide, providing a vast library of songs at your fingertips. However, it can be frustrating when Spotify decides to act up on your iPhone, refusing to play your favorite tunes or causing unexpected issues.
If you find yourself in this predicament, don’t worry; we’re here to help you navigate through the common problems and their solutions to get your music flowing seamlessly. In this guide, we’ll explore the various dilemmas you might encounter when Spotify is not working as expected on your iPhone.
Here on Naijaknowhow, we’ll provide you with solutions to fix the issue of Spotify not working on iPhone. This will ensure you get back to enjoying your music library hassle-free. Whether it’s connectivity problems, app anomalies, or compatibility issues, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge to troubleshoot these problems and have your music streaming smoothly once again.
Why is Spotify Not Working on Your iPhone?
- Connection Problems: A common issue that plagues Spotify users on their iPhones is connection problems. Whether it’s a sluggish network, a Wi-Fi dropout, or simply Spotify failing to recognize your internet connection, these connectivity hiccups can impede your music enjoyment. We’ll explore the possible culprits behind your connection issues and provide guidance on resolving them.
- App Anomalies: Sometimes, Spotify misbehaves on your iPhone due to app-specific glitches and quirks. Perhaps it crashes unexpectedly, freezes, or displays erratic behavior. Understanding what might be going on behind the scenes and learning how to address these app anomalies will be crucial to ensure a smoother listening experience.
- Compatibility Issues: As technology evolves, Spotify regularly updates its app to keep pace with the latest iOS versions and iPhone models. Incompatibility issues may arise when your Spotify app isn’t in harmony with your iPhone’s software. This section will delve into how to troubleshoot these compatibility hiccups and ensure a harmonious relationship between your music and your device.
How to Fix Spotify Not Working on iPhone?
If you’re encountering difficulties with Spotify on your iPhone, there are various effective methods to troubleshoot the issue on your own. Below, we outline the most recommended solutions, so do well to keep reading!
Method 1: Restart Your Device
While it might seem simple, performing a restart on your iPhone can effectively resolve minor software-related problems and clear any bugs. This action provides your iPhone with a fresh start, more available memory, and a stable network signal. So, go ahead and restart your iPhone to see if Spotify is functioning correctly.
Method 2: Check Internet Speed
Efficient operation of Spotify relies on a stable internet connection. To ensure this, make sure you have good network coverage and ample internet speed. If you’re on WiFi, consider switching to a different network, or even try using mobile data to confirm your plan’s validity.
Method 3: Check Server Downtime
The impact of Spotify server downtime on our global user experience may remain largely unknown. When Spotify servers experience outages in your area, you might encounter issues with Spotify not working on your iPhone. During such times, there’s little to be done except patiently await a resolution from the Spotify team.
Method 4: Update the Spotify App
It’s highly advisable to use the latest Spotify app as it ensures compatibility, offers improved performance, and introduces new features for a better experience. Below, we’ve given an easy procedure on how to go about updating the app.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Tap the Profile icon at the top right.
- Scroll down, locate Spotify, and tap Update to install the latest version.
Method 5: Logout and Login Your Account
If Spotify is not functioning properly on your iPhone, one potential solution is to log out of your account and then log back in after some time. If you don’t know how to go about this, you’ve got nothing to worry about as we’ve provided the steps to do it yourself.
- Launch the Spotify app on your iPhone and select the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to locate the log-out option, then tap on it.
- Close the Spotify app.
- Wait for a few minutes, then reopen Spotify and log in to your account.
Make sure to verify that the account credentials you enter are accurate, especially if you’re using the same account across multiple devices. Additionally, don’t overlook checking the status of your Spotify plan to confirm whether there is an active subscription or not.
Method 6: Clear Your Spotify Cache
When an app on iPhone, such as Spotify, is not working correctly, a common troubleshooting step is to clear the app’s cache. To do this, follow the steps outlined below:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to General > Storage.
- Find and select Spotify from the list.
- Tap on the “Offload App” option and confirm the action.
- This will uninstall Spotify, and you’ll need to reinstall it. Afterward, log in with your credentials as usual.
Method 7: Uninstall and Reinstall Spotify
If clearing the cache doesn’t resolve the issue, consider completely reinstalling the Spotify app. Keep in mind that uninstalling the app will remove your downloaded songs, but it’s a worthwhile step if Spotify is not working properly for you.
- Press and hold the Spotify app icon, then choose “Remove app“
- Proceed by selecting “Delete the app“
- Go to the App Store and search for the Spotify app.
- Download Spotify and enter your login credentials. This should help fix Spotify not working on your iPhone.
When Spotify decides to act up on your iPhone, it can be a frustrating roadblock on your journey to musical enjoyment. We hope that this article has shed light on the common issues that may plague your Spotify experience and provided a glimpse of the troubleshooting steps you can take. Remember, always keep your Spotify app and iOS updated to ensure compatibility and stability.