China’s Lenovo Group Motorola Mobility and Bullitt Group have announced the “Motorola Defy” waterproof and dustproof smartphone in the global market. Here are the full features, specification and price of this device.
Motorola Defy Features
Motorola Defy is a midrange Android that comes with a 6.5-inch HD + (1600 x 720) display, Snapdragon 662 SM6115 2.0GHz octa-core CPU, 4GB RAM, 64GB storage capacity and a triple camera combination comprising of 48 megapixels + 2 megapixels + 2 megapixels.
Motorola Defy is definitely classed as a rugged smartphone as it is waterproof and dustproof (IP68 / IP69), and is compliant with the impact-resistant MIL SPEC 810H (US military Ministry of Defense standard) that can withstand a drop of 1.8 meters. The OS embedded in this rugged smartphone is Android 10 (scheduled to be updated to 11). It also includes a strap, 5000mAh large battery capacity compatible with 20W charging, 3.5mm earphone jack and USB Type-C connection port.
Motorola Defy Price and Availability
This rugged device comes in two colours – black and green. Launched in Europe and Latin America in June 2021, the price in Europe is 329 euros (about ₦160,000 in Nigeria).
Motorola Defy Full Specifications
- CPU: Snapdragon 662 SM6115 2.0Ghz Octacore
- GPU: Adreno 610
- Display: 5 inch HD + 1600 x 720, 20: 9, IPS, Gorilla Glass Victus
- RAM capacity: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB (microSD compatible)
- Main camera: 48 megapixels (main F1.8) + 2 megapixels (macro) + 2 megapixels (depth) Triple camera
- Front camera: 8 megapixels Camera
- OS: Android 10 (planned to be updated to 11)
- Size: xx mm
- Weight: g
- Battery: 5000mAh (20W TurboPower)
- Colour: Black, Green
- WiFi: 802.11
- Bluetooth: v5.x
- Waterproof and dustproof: Waterproof and dustproof P68, Shockproof MIL SPEC 810H (US military Ministry of Defense standard)
- Connection: USB Type-C
- Earphone jack: Yes
- Authentication method: Fingerprint authentication sensor ( Back)
- Others: Dual SIM (nanoSIM), PTT button
- Network: 4G LTE compatible
- (LATAM) 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/19/28/66
- (EMEA) 1/2/3/5/7/8/18/19/20/26/28/38/40/41
- HSPA + 1/2/4/5/6/8 or 1/2/5 / 8/19
- GSM 2/3/5/8