Now that Ntel SIM is gradually circulating in Lagos Nigeria, you might want to see how to configure your Ntel 4G Sim Access Point (APN) settings for your Android, MiFi, Modem or other 4G enabled device.
Your Ntel sim card must have come with an already subscribed data plan which will give you unlimited browsing and downloading; Ntel data plans vary from daily, weekly and monthly plans.
If you are getting the SIM for the first time, I guess you should have a 3 month test period which will allow you to test drive the speed of Ntel 4G network.
What type of device should I look out for?
Ensure your phone has a Flexible Division Duplex (FDD) with support for LTE 3 (1800MHz) and 8 (900MHz) spectrum bands. You can always get this details on the product packaging or documentation of your phone. Source: MobilityArena
Also read: Where to collect Ntel Sim cards in Lagos
How to setup Ntel APN settings.
Before you manually setup your APN, check settings to be sure the settings were not automatically created. So to manually create yours, flow this steps below…
- Open phone settings.
- Navigate to Mobile settings
- Then open preferred network type, choose 4G or LTE Only (recommended). If your phone don’t have 4G only mode, see how to force 4G only mode here.
- Now, go to APN Settings (Access Point Names) and set up a new APN with the name “Ntel 4G” or anything you like.
Ntel APN Settings 1
- APN: vox
- Username: vox
- Password: vox
Leave every other setting and save, activate settings then try to browse. If connection and browsing were not able to be established then give settings 2 below a try.
Ntel APN Settings 2
- APN: vox
- Username: blank
- Password: blank
Either of these two settings should work for you, if by any means, you experience complications, then, share through comment box, we’d be glad to help.
- List Of MTK Engineer Mode Code For Mediatek Phones (Secret Codes)
- How To Conserve Your Phone Battery Life To Make It Last
- How To Configure 9Mobile APN Settings (Automatic & Manual)
- Best & Cheapest Data Plans For | Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9Mobile, Ntel etc
- How To Configure MTN APN Settings
- How To Configure Airtel APN Settings