In the first quarter of 2020, Samsung launched a new line of phones in the very highest segment: The Galaxy S20 family! This version of the Samsung flagship comes in two variants, one in 4G and the other is ready for 5G, the newest way to use fast mobile internet!
Samsung Galaxy S20 features a 6.2 inch Quad HD + (3200 x 1440) display, Exynos 990 2.7GHz octa-core / Snapdragon 865 SM8250 2.84GHz octa core, 8GB or 12GB RAM, 128GB storage capacity, a triple rear camera combination of 12-megapixels main sensor, 64 megapixels (telephoto) and a 12-megapixels (ultrawide).
Let’s delve deeper as we explore all the features, price and specs of the Galaxy S20 smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Features (Preview)
This Samsung Galaxy S20 has a storage memory of 128GB with 8GB / 12GB of RAM. The new Exynos processor of its own ensures that no mountain is too high, because heavy mobile programs are a piece of cake for this powerhouse.
Do you want a device ready for 5G? Then this Samsung Galaxy S20 (only the 12GB/128GB variant) is perfect for you! 5G ensures that your upload and download speeds are very high compared to its predecessor.
Samsung has been known to us for a long time that they make beautiful smartphone screens. Also in 2020, they have simply surpassed themselves again, because the QHD screen that is on this powerful smartphone is impressive. The Dynamic AMOLED technology provides beautiful colours and contrast.
It doesn’t stop with good image technology and high resolution, because the Galaxy S20 has another groundbreaking feature. The screen has a 120Hz refresh rate, which ensures that all animations run super smoothly.
The build of this device is very stylish, aided by the cool glass back. This glass does not only look super cool, but it also makes wireless charging possible. This way you can charge the smartphone super fast on a wireless charging mat.
It does not stop there, the Galaxy S20 can also charge other devices wirelessly. This Wireless PowerShare, as Samsung calls it, ensures that you can charge wireless earphones with your phone!
On the back of this powerful high-end smartphone is a rectangular camera module. It contains three cameras: The main camera, a wide-angle lens for wide scenes and a telephoto lens for better optical zoom.
Almost every company does Android in its own way, including Samsung. They have equipped the S20 series with its own version of Android 10, which they call OneUI 2. This way you can do everything you are used to from an Android phone but in a Samsung jacket!
The Samsung Galaxy S20 is a real mobile powerhouse, especially due to its brand new Samsung Exynos 990 / Snapdragon 865 chipset. This processor ensures that no mountain is too high for this phone, all apps and games that you can download from the Play Store always run smoothly.
Samsung has put a large 4000mAh battery in this smartphone, which should provide the powerful chipset and the demanding screen with enough power. You should be able to work with your phone all day without charging with this battery without any problems.
The 6.7-inch Galaxy S20 +, 6.9-inch display Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G and the vertical folding display Galaxy Z Flip were also announced at the same time.
Here are the Samsung Galaxy S20 key specifications…
|Display||6.2 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, (1440 x 3200 pixels)|
|OS||Android 10, One UI 2|
|Processor||Exynos 990 / Snapdragon 865 chipset|
|Storage||128GB ROM + 8GB/12GB RAM (expanded with a memory card)|
|Camera||12MP + 64MP + 12MP Rear/Dual 10MP Front (With LED light)|
|Battery||4000mAh (quick charging, wireless charging supported), Wireless PowerShare (power supply to other devices possible )|
|Price||Between ₦390,000 – ₦450,000|
Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy S20 launched in February 2020, it is available in colours Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink, Cloud White and Aura Red. You can order the phone from online shopping markets using any of the links below.
Samsung Galaxy S20 is priced between ₦390,000 – ₦450,000. (CLICK TO BUY GALAXY S20).
Samsung Galaxy S20 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 10, One UI 2
- Processor: Exynos 990 (7 nm+) – Global / Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) – USA
- CPU Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) – Global
- Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA
- Mali-G77 MP11 – Global
- Adreno 650 – USA
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Cosmic Grey, Cloud Blue, Cloud Pink, Cloud White, Aura Red
- Dimension: 151.7 x 69.1 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 g
- SIM Type: Single SIM (Nano-SIM and/or eSIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- SIM Count: Single or Dual stand-by
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back (Gorilla Glass 6), aluminum frame
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Models: SM-G981, SM-G981F, SM-G981F/DS, SM-G981B/DS, SM-G981U, SM-G981U1, SM-G981N
- Display: 6.2 inches Dynamic AMOLED 2X capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 93.8 cm2 (~89.5% screen-to-body ratio), 1440 x 3200 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~563 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- Always-on display
- 120Hz@FHD/60Hz@QHD refresh rate
- Rear Camera: Triple
- 12 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/1.76″, 1.8µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 64 MP, f/2.0, 29mm (telephoto), 1/1.72″, 0.8µm, PDAF, OIS, 1.1x optical zoom, 3x hybrid zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1.4µm, Super Steady video
- Rear Camera Features: Features LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Front Camera: Dual, 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1/3.2″, 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Rear Camera Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video: 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128 GB, UFS 3.0
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 38, 39, 40, 41, 46, 48, 66, 71 – SM-G981U
- 5G: 2, 5, 41, 66, 71 SA/NSA/Sub6 – SM-G981U (only the 12GB/128GB variant)
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (7CA) Cat20 2000/200 Mbps; 5G (5+ Gbps DL)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 3.2, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes, FM radio (Snapdragon model only; market/operator dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- 32-bit/384kHz audio
- Tuned by AKG
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, ultrasonic)
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes, (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast charging 25W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 15W
- Reverse wireless charging 9W
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy S20
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE GALAXY S20 in Nigeria.
More on Samsung Products:
- Latest Samsung Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e
- Best Snapdragon 855 Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Z Flip
- Samsung Galaxy M11