There are reasons one would want to compress or reduce the sizes of photos, it could be to free up space, fast uploading of photos, optimising websites load time or other personal motives. In spite of the purpose, five applications can assist to achieve this and I will be breaking them down alongside steps on how to use them.
There are several ways you can do to reduce the size of the photo using a laptop or smartphone. Most people worry if a compressed photo will make the quality of the photo less good, well that’s not true, some photos can be compressed without losing much quality.
Let’s delve right into it!
Here’s how to reduce the size of a photo without reducing the quality of the photo:
RIOT is a free image optimizer that can be used to reduce photo size. When editing with RIOT we can distinguish the original image before it is compressed and the image after it is compressed.
This software is also lightweight, fast and easy to use. We can also adjust the compression, colour, and metadata settings. When finished, we can choose the JPG, GIF or PNG format for the output file.
How to use RIOT
- Download and Install RIOT (2MB)
- Open the RIOT application
- Click “Open” to select the photo to be resized
- Choose the format you want to compress to JPEG, PNG, or GIF
- Adjust the desired Quality or leave it to default
- The final step Save photos that have been compressed
In addition to design, photoshop can also reduce the size of a large photo. If you want to know how to reduce the size of a photo with Photoshop, it’s very easy and very easy to do.
How to use Photoshop
- Open the photo you want to edit by selecting Open on the File menu
- After the photo has appeared please save the photo by clicking File > Save as >
- The selected format is JPEG then click Ok. In the JPEG Options window, you have to change a few settings, select low on the quality option then click Ok.
Without a complicated and heavy photo editing application, you can use paint to reduce the size of a large photo.
How to use Paint
- Before editing a photo, first prepare the photo you want to shrink in size then open the Paint program.
- Open the photo through Paint by pressing the CTRL + O button, then select the Resize menu
- At this stage, the Resize and Skew box will appear, please select the desired pixel and click Ok
- The last step, press the CTRL + S button to save the modified photo its size.
4. Reducing the Size of Photos Using a Cellphone
Reducing the size of a photo turns out to be possible through the use of a smartphone Photo Compress 2.0 application on Playstore. This application is very easy to use and also has several other features. In addition to reducing the size of the photo, we can also change the resolution and crop photos.
How to use Photo Compress 2.0
- Download and Install the application on the HP
- After it has been installed, open the Photo Compress 2.0 application
- After opening two options will appear i.e displaying images from the gallery or camera.
- Then select the photos that we will compress, after that do the compressing process by selecting “Custom Compress” or “Quick Compress”
- Custom Compress is the process of self-adjusting compress
- Quick Compress is the process of compressing with default settings
- For easier use, we use Quick Compress. Click Quick Compress
- After the process is complete, two options for saving will appear namely Replace & Exit and Exit.
5. Microsoft Office Picture Manager
By using this method we no longer need to use other applications that require time to download and install it. Using Microsoft Office Picture can easily reduce the size of the photo you want to compress.
How to use Microsoft Office Picture
- Right-click on the photo you want to shrink in size
- Hover your mouse over Open With
- Select Microsoft Office Picture Manager
- After the photo has been successfully opened with Microsoft Office Picture Manager, click Picture then select Resize
- On the right side of the screen, select the size that you want to use.
- If you have determined the size directly click Ok
- After clicking ok, save the image by pressing the CTRL + S key on the keyboard. The photo has been saved in a smaller size.