This article contains the best and cheapest call rates in Nigeria and migration codes in Nigeria for 2019: Get the list of tariff plans with the lowest call rates on MTN, Airtel, Glo & 9mobile (Etisalat) »
Nigeria is a country with lots of amazing stuff. From cheap mobile data to unbelievable call tariff plans! It’s funny that some of you have not started harnessing the power of my call prepaid plans reviews and statistics.
In some of my previous articles, I reviewed and calculated how much it will cost you to make a cheap call when you recharge your SIM with N100 on any network in Nigeria.
You can click here to have a quick look at them. Perhaps, if you just want to skip and proceed with the articles below, then it’s fine.
- Cheapest MTN prepaid tariff plans in Nigeria.
- Cheapest Glo prepaid tariff plans in Nigeria.
- Cheapest Airtel prepaid tariff plans in Nigeria.
- Cheapest 9mobile (Etisalat) prepaid tariff plans in Nigeria.
In this article, you will find a simple highlight of what I’ve explained in details in those articles contained in the link shared above. Continue reading below to see a list of the cheapest call rates in Nigeria and their migration codes on all mobile network (MTN, Airtel, Glo and 9mobile).
Cheapest Call Rates in Nigeria (Summary Table – Airtel vs 9mobile vs Glo vs MTN)
Here is a comparison table showing all the various prepaid tariff plans in Nigeria, migration code and duration of calls when you recharge or load N100 naira airtime on your phone.
N100 Airtime Call Duration
|MTN||Pulse||11k per sec, 40k daily charge on the first call of the day.||14 minutes 16 seconds|
|GLO||Bounce||11k per sec flat rate to bounce users and 15k per sec off-net call.||15 minutes 9 seconds|
|AIRTEL||Value Plan||11k per sec to all network.||15 minutes 9 seconds|
|9MOBILE||Morelife||15k per sec, ₦5 daily charge on the first call of the day. International calls 15k/s||10 minutes 33 seconds|
Below is a compilation of call tariff plans with the best call rates in Nigeria in 2019;
Cheapest Call Rates in Nigeria and Migration Codes for 2019
1. MTN Pulse
Best MTN Call Tariff Plan
MTN Pulse is definitely the cheapest MTN low call rate packages for calling all network in Nigeria.
The MTN Pulse plan is a special call tariff plan with one of the cheapest call rates in Nigeria. It was basically designed for students on campuses across Nigeria which allows all calls to any network at a flat rate of 11 kobo per second after spending 25k/secs for the first 50 seconds.
MTN Pulse Migration Code:
- To Migrate to MTN iPulse simply dial *406# or SMS 406 to 131
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN Pulse?
- First 50 secs: N0.25kobo X 50 seconds = N12.50 Naira (100 – 12.5 = N87.5 left)
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.6k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N87.5/N6.6 + (50 secs) ≅ 14 minutes 16 seconds
Best Airtel Call Tariff Plan
Airtel Value Plan is pretty much the cheapest tariff plan on the Airtel network and has lots of benefits, It has overthrown the Airtel SmartTrybe tariff plan.
Well, I covered a lot about the plan in this post, you should read about it.
But in summary… The Airtel Value Plan was newly introduced in 2017. This plan allows you to enjoy amazing call rates at a very low cost. You can call all network in Nigeria for 11k/sec.
The sweet side of it is, you don’t have to pay for any first-minute access charge. All you have to do is… Migrate to Airtel value plan and start enjoying cheap calls rates on the Airtel network.
Airtel Value Plan Migration Code:
- To activate, simply dial *243#.
- You will get a message welcoming you to the new Airtel value plan with 11k/sec call rates.
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on Airtel VALUE Plan?
Let’s do the calculations for (all network):
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.6k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N100/N6.6 ≅ 15 minutes 9 seconds
3. Glo Bounce
Best GLO Call Tariff Plan
When it comes to Glo network, Glo Bounce holds the position of the Glo plan with the cheapest call rates in Nigeria.
Glo Bounce tariff plan offers call rate for as low as 15k/s flat rate to all networks and as low as 11k/s to your friends who switch to or are on on the Glo Bounce Plan.
Alternative: Glo 11k plan can serve as an alternative because it offers 11k per sec, ₦5 daily charge on the first call of the day. International calls 20k/s (Click for more info).
Glo Bounce Migration Code:
- Dial *170*4# and start enjoying Glo Bounce.
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on Glo Bounce call plan?
Let’s do the calculations for (Glo bounce users):
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.60k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get >> N100/N6.6 ≅ 15 minutes 9 seconds
Let’s do the calculations for (Off-net):
- N0.15kobo X 60 seconds = N9.00k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get >> N100/N9.00 ≅ 11 minutes 7 seconds
Best 9mobile (Etisalat) Call tariff Plan
As for 9mobile, you might be thinking why is it not MoreCliq Tariff Plan? Well, read on to know why Morelife prepaid tariff was selected by me as the one with the cheapest call rates in Nigeria if you’re an 9mobile customer.
You can enjoy calls at 15 kobo per second (15kobo/s) to all networks in Nigeria & selected international destinations with only a ₦5 daily access fee.
International destinations (USA, UK, Canada, China, India, Germany & Malaysia.) Enjoy free incoming calls while roaming on selected networks in 10 countries when you recharge ₦5,000 & above within a month. service is valid for 30 days
9mobile MoreLife Migration Code:
- To migrate, dial *420*1# to join Morelife. migration is free!
To check balance
- Dial *232# while *244*3# is to confirm package.
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on 9mobile Morelife call plan?
Let’s do the call rate calculations:
- Daily Access Fee: N5.00 Naira (100 – 5 = N95.00 left)
- N0.15kobo X 60 seconds = N9k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N95/N9 ≅ 10 minutes 33 seconds
In Nigeria, it’s well known that there is stiff competition among our network providers providing cheap tariffs for calling and data. Phone calling in Naija can be so exorbitant if you are playing “Big Boy”. Perhaps, this post isn’t for you, I’ve compiled a list of the cheapest call tariffs plans on all networks in Nigeria for folks who want to spend less.
It’s left for you to choose wisely the most preferred of all.
With the full list of Naijaknowhow‘s cheapest call rates in Nigeria, choosing the right tariff plan shouldn’t be difficult. You can get more cheap call rates from the list below, the aforementioned plans might not suit your calling habit, so it’s important that you see the post, It’s highly comprehensive with enough data to help you choose the right call plan.
Here are the links:
- Get the cheapest 9mobile call tariff rates in Nigeria.
- Get the cheapest Airtel call tariff rates in Nigeria.
- Get the cheapest Glo call tariff rates in Nigeria.
- Get the cheapest MTN call tariff rates in Nigeria.
Let me know what you think about this article, do you think there are better and cheaper call rates for a particular network that wasn’t mentioned? Please, do share with us via the comment box below, we’d be glad to hear from you and update post frequently!