Are you looking for the best MTN call tariff plan ever? This post on Naijaknowhow contains the latest and cheapest MTN Tariff Plans and their migration codes.
Have you ever asked yourself this question; “What prepaid MTN call tariff plan is actually suitable for me to call families and friends on the MTN network without spending too much?”
Well, after so much digging, I’ve compiled a list of the best and cheapest MTN Call Tariff Plans with super call rates this year. These plans are best for people who don’t want to spend too much on phone calls. Its offers and benefits are one of the best when compared to my previous article on other networks listed right below:
These are superb plans above there should in case you are searching for affordable call plans on other networks too.
Important notice: We try to keep this post up-to-date but you should know that prepaid plan charges could change at any time. Kindly endeavour to check or affirm that your preferred plan is exactly what it is before migrating.
List of all MTN Tariff Plans (Summary)
This table contains a summary of all MTN tariff plans and migration codes in Nigeria.
|MTN mPulse||15 kobo/sec||*344*1#|
|MTN TruTalk||11.26 kobo/sec||*123*2*6#|
|MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid||15 kobo/sec||*408# and select 1|
|MTN Pulse||11 kobo/sec||*406#|
|MTN AWUF4U||45 kobo/sec||*888*PIN#|
|MTN XtraValue||45 kobo/sec||*131*2#|
|MTN YafunYafun||42 kobo/sec||*555*digits PIN#|
How to check MTN Tariff Plan?
How do I know or check my current MTN call tariff plan active on my line? Before you proceed to switch your call tariff plan on MTN, you might want to know or check the state of your current tariff plan or perhaps, you just want to know the plan active on your line, then you might want to see how to go about doing that in this post.
NB: MTN Xtra Pro, MTN SUPERSAVER PLUS, MTN ZONE, MTN TruTalk+ and more have been discontinued over the years!
Anyway, my post today will list all the best MTN call plans in Nigeria and their subscription codes alongside. Without further ado, let’s jump right into it…
MTN Call Tariff Plans and Migration Codes (Latest and Cheapest in 2022)
Best MTN tariff plan with the lowest call rates
MTN re-launched the MTN Pulse plan (formally MTN iPulse prepaid tariff) which allows you to make calls to MTN line and other networks at a flat rate of 11k per sec after spending 25k/secs for the first 50 seconds. The 11k is applicable immediately after the first 50 seconds charged at 25k per second for that day at the rate of 40k/sec.
It doesn’t end there, MTN is also extending the Pulse “low call tariff” to calls made to other networks in Nigeria as well, the first one minute of a phone call you make to non-MTN lines in Nigeria will be charged at the rate of 11k/secs and after that 50 seconds charge.
This is actually my choice tariff plan, I’m currently subscribed to this plan due to the vast options and features that the MTN Pulse tariff plan offers. With this plan, you also get to subscribe to MTN Night Data Plan, affordable data tariff and much more.
Here’s what you stand to get on the MTN Pulse tariff Plan:
- Flat rate of 11kobo/sec for calls ACROSS ALL local Networks after spending NGN12.50 daily.
- Music streaming on Music+ at ₦10/day
- Pulse Nightlife Bundle (₦25 for 125MB Pulse Nightlife bundle and N50 at 250MB for a day)
- 100% data bonus on purchase of 500MB weekly bundle
- Data bonus on recharge
- Plus other life-enriching products and services from MTN
How To Migrate To MTN Pulse Tariff Plan
- Simply dial *406*1# or *123*2*2# or text 406 to 131
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN Pulse?
- First 50 secs: N0.25kobo X 50 seconds = N12.50 Naira (100 – 12.5 = N87.5 left)
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.6k
- So, with N100 recharge card on Pulse, you will get > N87.5/N6.6 + (50 secs) ≅ 14 minutes 2 seconds
Best MTN call tariff plan for teenagers/kids with 15k/s
MTN newly introduced a tariff plan called mPulse. Unlike the MTN Pulse, this plan was created for kids and teenagers between the ages of 9 – 15 years. This prepaid tariff plan comes with amazing mouth drooling offers, especially in the aspect of data for browsing. It offers more data size for an affordable price! I covered a lot about it here.
How to Migrate to MTN mPulse Tariff Plan
There are three ways you can activate this plan on your device;
- Dial *344*1# from a new or existing MTN SIM or…
- Send ‘mPulse’ to 131 or…
- Download MyMTNApp, go to tariff plan and select mPulse
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN mPulse?
It allows you to make National calls at 15k/secs, so let us calculate what you’ll get with just N100 recharge card.
Let’s do the calculations:
- N0.15kobo X 60 seconds = N9.00k for one minute
- So, with N100 recharge card on mPulse, you will get > N100/N9.0 ≅ 11 minutes 6 seconds
3. MTN TruTalk Tariff Plan
MTN tariff plan with 11.26k/sec call rate
This is a prepaid tariff plan that offers you a call rate of 11.26k per sec to all local networks in Nigeria, but you’ll have to pay a daily access fee of ₦7.17 to activate that call rate. This plan is available to all prepaid tariff customers on their networks. SMS costs ₦4.00 to all networks in Nigeria.
Migrating to this plan doesn’t require any hidden cost, you can switch as many times as you wish as long as you’re a prepaid customer, but you will be charged for multiple migrations into other prepaid tariff plans after your first free migration in a month. In addition, you’ll get a free 10MB monthly data bonus on the first recharge or first call of the month.
How to Migrate to MTN TruTalk Tariff Plan
- To subscribe, dial *400# or dial *123*2*6# or text ‘TT’ to 131.
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN TruTalk?
- Daily Access Fee: N7.17 Naira (100 – 7.17 = N92.83 left)
- For 1 minute: 11.26kobo X 60 seconds = N6.756k
- So, with N100 recharge card on TruTalk, you will get > N92.83/N6.756 ≅ 13 minutes 7 seconds
Best MTN tariff plan with 50% data bonus
Are you looking for a no-daily access fee tariff plan on MTN? Then here’s the perfect prepaid call tariff bundle offered by MTN Nigeria.
MTN XtraSpecial is also the new Tariff plan that charged its customers at 15k/Sec(N9/Min) on a flat rate basis to all networks in Nigeria with no daily access fee. Airtel Smart Value call tariff offers you something similar to this. Also, you get to call some selected international destinations at the same rate above with added benefit of a 50% data bonus on Every purchase of N2000 monthly bundle.
How To Migrate To MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Tariff Plan
- Simply dial *408# and select 1 migrate OR text 408 to 131
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on the MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid call plan?
Let’s do the calculations:
- N0.15kobo X 60 seconds = N9 .00k
- So, with N100 recharge card on XtraSpecial, you will get >> N100/N9 ≅ 11 minutes 6 seconds
Have you seen Airtel SmartTRYBE Tariff Plan & Migration Code?
Best MTN tariff plan with airtime bonus
MTN BetaTalk is another cheap call tariff bundle that gives MTN prepaid subscribers that recharge NGN100 and above, 250% airtime bonus, while a 150% bonus airtime will be rewarded on every recharge below N100.
National calls when on the MTN Beta Talk Tariff Plan is usually billed at 31.50k/sec (N18.90/min) from the main account and 64k/sec (N38.40) from the bonus account. Take note that you get billed at the rate above right after getting billed at (N42.38/min) for the first 1-minute call of the day. Your main airtime balance will start counting once your bonus airtime is completely exhausted.
How To Migrate To MTN BetaTalk
- Simply dial *123*2*1# OR text BT to 131.
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN BetaTalk?
Let’s do the calculations:
- If you recharge with N100, you will get N350 (N100 for main + N250 for bonus) in your Beta talk account i.e. N100 (recharge value) + N250 (bonus)
- First 1-minute call of the day: N42.38/min (from your main account)
- For bonus account: N0.64kobo X 60 seconds = N38.4k
- For main account: N0.315kobo X 60 seconds = N18.9k
- So, with N100 airtime on BetaTalk, you will get >> N100 – N42.38 = N57.62 + N250/N38.4 (6 minutes 30 seconds from bonus account) + N57.62/N18.9 (3 minutes 3 seconds from the main account) ≅ 9 minutes 33 seconds.
Have you checked out Glo Generation G Tariff Plan & Migration Code?
Best MTN tariff plan with free airtime bonus for calling
If you’re searching for a plan that doubles or triples airtime upon recharge, then here is the almighty MTN Awuf4u plan. This one basically allows you to get an airtime bonus when you recharge below or above N100 on your MTN line.
You will get a 200% airtime bonus on every recharge below N100 and a 300% airtime bonus on every recharge from N100 above when they recharge using a special USSD code or via VTU.
MTN AWUF4U Airtime Bonus Code
- To double or triple your airtime bonus on MTN, Simply dial *888*PIN# or use the VTU services to recharge airtime instantly.
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN Awuf4U?
Let’s do the calculations:
- If you recharge with N100, you will get N400 in your Awuf4U account i.e. N100 (recharge value) + N300 (bonus)
- For 1 Minute: N0.45kobo X 60 seconds = N27k
- So, with N100 recharge card on Awuf4U, you will get > N400/N27 ≅ 14 minutes 7 seconds
Have you seen Airtel Value Plan Tariff Rates & Migration Code?
Best MTN tariff plan with amazing bundles for voice and data
MTN XtraValue Bundle plan provides a bundle that gives you a combination of huge airtime for voice calls and a staggering volume of Data to go with it. The XtraValue Bundles are available in two (2) major categories and at different price points from N300 to N20,000.
- XtraTalk Bundles – Offers more airtime for Voice calls than Data volume
- XtraData Bundles – Offers more volume of Data than airtime for voice calls
But since we are here for looking for the best and most affordable MTN call tariff plans, then we are going to focus on the XtraTalk Bundles that offer airtime for voice calls. If you are a data-glutton, then have a look at our list of MTN Data Plans and Subscription Codes.
Unfortunately… This tariff plan depletion rate is on the high side. Charges per minute for off-net and on-net calls are based on your prefered bundle (See table below for airtime depletion rate).
Call to international destinations are charged at N39.6/Min.
Things to take note of:
- The offer is available to ALL Prepaid Customers
- Prepaid Customers will be automatically migrated to XtraValue Plan after subscribing to any XtraValue Bundle plan.
You will be able to purchase multiple bundles while on the plan.
|Airtime Value for Calls||N1000||N1,950||N3,900||N7,850|
|How to Subscribe||Text V300 to 131||Text V500 to 131||Text V1000 to 131||Text V2000 to 131|
|Airtime Depletion Rate(N/Min)||N27|
|Dial *131*2# and select the bundle of your choice. Click here to see the full table.|
How to Migrate to XtraValue Bundle
To subscribe to a bundle plan,
- Dial *131*2# and select the preferred bundle type.
How to Check XtraValue Balance
- You will be able to check your XtraValue Bundle balance by dialling *556# or *559*61#.
How many minutes do I get with N300 XtraValue Bundle?
Let’s do the calculations:
- If you purchase N300 bundle, you will get N1000 airtime Value for calls.
- 60 seconds = N27
- So, with N300 bundle, you will get > N1000/N27 ≅ 37 minutes
Best MTN tariff plan with 700% credit bonus
MTN YafunYafun SIM offer is a special tariff plan that allows New MTN customers enjoy the following benefits after registering and activating a new SIM:
- 700% bonus on EVERY recharge of N100 and above.
- Plus free access to WhatsApp (valid for 3 days)
National calls when on the MTN YafunYafun bundle is usually billed at 66.67k/sec (N40/min) from the main account and 75k/sec (N45/min) from the bonus account.
- You will be able to use the airtime bonus to make calls and send SMS to ALL Local Networks in Nigeria. You will be able to browse the internet on Pay As You GO rate with the airtime bonus.
- The airtime bonus is valid for 7 days.
- You will receive the 700% bonus on ALL your recharges for a period of 3 months.
- After 3 months you will stop receiving the bonus on your recharges and the system will automatically migrate you to MTN BetaTalk tariff plan.
How to Activate YafunYafun SIM Offer
- Simply recharge from N100 and above airtime value by dialling *555*digits PIN# and you will automatically receive 700% bonus that will be credited to a dedicated account.
How to check MTN YafunYafun Balance
- To check your 700% bonus balance, simply dial *559*43#.
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN YafunYafun?
Let’s do the calculations:
- If you recharge with N100, you will get N800 (N100 for main + N700 for bonus) in your Beta talk account i.e. N100 (recharge value) + N700 (bonus)
- For bonus account: 66.67kobo X 60 seconds = N45k
- For main account: 42kobo X 60 seconds = N40k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N700/N45 (15 minutes 30 seconds from bonus account) + N100/N40 (2 minutes 30 seconds from the main account) ≅ 18 minutes.
To wrap it up:
There are varieties of cheap MTN call tariff plans with their benefits and unique features, it’s now left for you to choose your preferred MTN call plan with the best call rate ever. If you think there are better plans that weren’t listed above, do let us know via the comment section below.