Do you have friends and family members stranded and in need of airtime? Or perhaps do you have excess airtime (credit) on your MTN enabled phone but want to share with others? Want to know how to transfer airtime on MTN?
Then here is the right article for you.
MTN doesn’t only provide a solution for those who want to share data bundles with their loved ones, they also made provision for transferring airtime as well.
With this service called MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell), you can share or transfer airtime from one MTN line to another with just a single click. It doesn’t require tech skills to execute this. MTN Share can be utilised by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network.
You can now transfer airtime Free of Charge.
Before you get started with MTN Share, there are certain things you should put in place, without this being sorted out, you’d stumbled on errors while trying to share or transfer airtime on MTN.
Take note that before you can transfer airtime on MTN, you must first change the default PIN which is 0000 to any four-digit number of your choice.
To Change your MTN Share PIN:
Change your PIN by dialling *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
Alternatively, You can also change your PIN by sending an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with “0000 1234 1234” to 777.
Immediately your PIN has been changed using any of the methods above, you will get an SMS response notifying you that your PIN was changed successfully.
Now let’s delve deeper as we explore several ways you can transfer airtime on MTN.
Here’s how to transfer airtime (credit) on MTN
Method 1: How to transfer airtime via USSD
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial *777*08031234567*2000*1234# and then send/OK.
- Upon dialling that code, you will receive a message informing you that the airtime transfer was successful.
Method 2: How to transfer airtime via SMS
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with “Transfer 08031234567 2000 1234” to 777.
- Immediately after sending the message in the format above, you will receive an SMS requesting you to confirm that you want to make the airtime transfer by sending an SMS with “YES” to 777.
- Upon confirming that, your transaction should be completed successfully.
There you go!
That’s how to transfer airtime from MTN to MTN. If you experience issues while trying to share MTN credit, please call 180 (MTN customer care number) for assistance. The comment box below will only entertain less complicated questions regarding this write-up.
Nevertheless, below you start sharing away, here are important information and disclaimers concerning MTN Share below;
- Airtime can only be transferred in naira and not in kobo. For example, you can transfer ₦100.00 but not ₦100.99.
- You can transfer between ₦50.00 – ₦5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to ₦100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.