Looking for the best tariff plans to choose from on MTN? If you reside in Nigeria, there are numerous tariff plans you can choose from on the network, and one of my previous articles about MTN tariff plans in Nigeria has highlighted most of them. However, this article has been curated to explain everything you should know about MTN BetaTalk tariff plan, its subscription code and the benefits you get when you migrate to the prepaid tariff plan.
MTN BetaTalk is another cheap call tariff bundle that gives a 250% airtime bonus to MTN prepaid subscribers who recharge N1 and above. For those who spend time online, BetaTalk also offers special data bundles: 40MB at N50 and 250MB at N200.
National calls when on the MTN Beta Talk tariff plan is usually billed at 31.50k/sec (N18.90/min) from the main account and 64k/sec (N38.40) from the bonus account. Take note that you get billed at the rate above right after getting billed at (N42.38/min) for the first 1-minute call of the day.
Also, your main airtime balance will start counting once your bonus airtime is completely exhausted.
How does MTN BetaTalk call rate work?
- National calls will be charged at the rate of 31.50k/sec (N18.90/minute) from your main account and 64k/sec (N38.40/minute) from the bonus account.
- All National calls, SMS and Data will be charged from your main account as soon as the bonus airtime is exhausted or expires.
- International calls, International SMS and Data while roaming will be charged from your main account only at the prevailing international rate.
NB: (National Calls & National SMS means calls & SMS to all networks in Nigeria i.e. On-net and Off-net calls and SMS)
Without further ado, let’s delve right into it. Here’s how to migrate to MTN BetaTalk and their call rates when you recharge N100.
How to Migrate to MTN BetaTalk Tariff Plan, Features and Benefits
Ways to Migrate to BetaTalk:
You can migrate to MTN BetaTalk plan through the following channels:
- Text BT to 131
- Dial *123*2*1#
- myMTN App: Login to myMTN App >> Select ‘Other Plans’ and select ‘BetaTalk’.
- myMTN Web: Logon to https://mymtn.com.ng >> Enter your phone number >> Enter OTP and select ‘Proceed’ >> On the top right corner of the home page, click your name >> Select My Plan >> Select Other Plans >> Select MTN BetaTalk.
How many minutes do I get with N100 on MTN BetaTalk?
Let’s do the calculations:
- If you recharge with N100, you will get N350 (N100 for main + N250 for bonus) in your Beta talk account i.e. N100 (recharge value) + N250 (bonus)
- First 1-minute call of the day: N42.38/min (from your main account)
- For bonus account: N0.64kobo X 60 seconds = N38.4k
- For main account: N0.315kobo X 60 seconds = N18.9k
- So, with N100 airtime, you will get >> N100 – N42.38 = N57.62 + N250/N38.4 (6 minutes 30 seconds from bonus account) + N57.62/N18.9 (3 minutes 3 seconds from the main account) ≅ 9 minutes 33 seconds.
Summary of MTN Betatalk
|National Calls||31.50k/sec (N18.90/min)||64k/sec (N38.40/min)||(N42.38/min)|
|National SMS||N4/SMS||N4/SMS Capped at 75 weekly.||N12.29/SMS|
Betatalk Special Data Bundles
|40MB at N50
Validity: 1 day
|SMS B30 to 131
|RB30 to 131||NOB30 to 131|
|250MB at N200
|SMS 113 to 131
|R113 to 131||NO113 to 131|
There you, that’s everything you should know about BetaTalk tariff plan on MTN. If you’ve tried the MTN Beta Talk, kindly share with us your experience via the comment box below.
More on Tariff Plans and Migration Codes:
- Cheapest Airtel tariff plan and migration codes
- Cheapest Glo tariff plan and migration codes
- Cheapest 9mobile tariff plan and migration codes
- MTN XtraValue Bundles and Migration Code
- MTN XtraSpecial Prepaid Tariff Plan and Migration Code
- Awuf4U gives 200% and 300% bonus on all recharges above and below N100 respectively