Fairphone, a brand that focuses on manufacturing easily repairable and ethically sourced materials, has launched its newest smartphone – Fairphone 4 that offers better performance while being more sustainable.
Fairphone 4 is a mid-range Android smartphone equipped with a 6.3-inch IPS LCD (1080 x 2340) display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G 2.2GHz Octa-core CPU, 6GB RAM, 128GB/256GB storage capacity and a triple main camera comprising 48 megapixels + 48 megapixels + TOF. Learn more about the full features, specifications and price of this device.
Fairphone 4 Features
Fairphone is made using Fairtrade certified gold, responsibly sourced aluminium and tungsten as well as recycled tin and other rare earth minerals. Even the plastic in this device is 100 percent recycled polycarbonate.
Reporting from the India Times, Friday (1/10/2021), the device retains the modular design from before, albeit with more powerful hardware.
In 2021, the device will feature a Snapdragon 750G 5G processor paired with 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and 128GB or 256GB of storage, expandable via a microSD card. In addition, the smartphone will also be equipped with a removable 3,905mAh battery. Of course, this feature is something that is rarely heard on a smartphone type phone.
The phone is also designed with a 6.3-inch full-HD LCD panel display. Fairphone also takes photography seriously. The main camera has 48 megapixels, the second 48-megapixel ultrawide camera. The main rear camera is equipped with OIS and is capable of recording videos up to 4K at 30fps. On the front, the device gets a 25-megapixel selfie camera.
One thing that’s going away from this year’s Fairphone 4 is the headphone jack. The company claims that it does so to get an IP54 dust and water resistance rating, which means the phone can stay protected from splashes of water.
Here are the Fairphone 4 key specifications…
|Display||6.3 inches, IPS LCD (1080 x 2340) pixels, Gorilla Glass 5|
|Processor||Qualcomm Snapdragon 750G 5G 2.2GHz Octa-core|
|Storage||6GB + 128GB/256GB (microSD compatible)|
|Camera||Triple 48MP + 48MP + TOF Rear (Dual-LED) / 25MP Front|
|Battery||3905mAh, removable (20W Fast Charging)|
|Price||580 EUR (about ₦277,000 in Nigeria)|
Fairphone 4 Price and Availability
This device comes in three distinct colours: Grey, Green and Speckled Green. It was announced in September 2021 and is expected to be available for purchase on 24th October 2021. The price of the Fairphone 4 is 580 EUR (about ₦277,000 in Nigeria).
Fairphone 4 Full Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm SM7225 Snapdragon 750G 5G (8 nm), Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 570 & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 570)
- GPU: Adreno 619
- Display: 6.3 inches, IPS LCD (1080 x 2340) pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density), 97.4 cm2 (~79.7% screen-to-body ratio), Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- RAM capacity: 6GB
- Storage: 128GB/256GB (microSDXC compatible)
- Main camera: Triple
- Front camera: Single 25 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.78″, 0.9µm, HDR, [email protected], gyro-EIS
- OS: Android 11
- Size: 162 x 75.5 x 10.5 mm
- Weight: 225 g
- Battery: 3905mAh, removable (20W Fast Charging)
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- Waterproof and dustproof: IP54, dust and splash protection
- Connection: USB Type-C 3.0, USB On-The-Go, DisplayPort
- Earphone jack: No
- Authentication method: Fingerprint authentication sensor (side), Face authentication
- Colour: Gray, Green, Speckled Green
- Others: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by), OTG, MIL-STD-810G compliant, NFC
- Network: 5G compatible
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 18, 19, 20, 28, 32, 38, 40, 41, 71
- 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 41, 71, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
More on Android Phones
- OPPO K9 Pro 5G Released, Smartphone With MediaTek Dimensity 1200, 60W Charging and 6.43-inch 120Hz AMOLED Display
- Xiaomi Redmi 9i Sport Announced, 6.53-inch Type Smartphone With Helio G25
- Cricket Dream 5G Announced, 6.82-inch 5G Smartphone
- AQUOS Zero6 Released, Lightweight Smartphone Compatible With 5G Millimeter Waves