In this article on Naijaknowhow, I’ll be writing about how to find hidden apps on Android. Are you curious to know what your child or friend has been up to on their Android smartphone? If you suspect that they might be engaging in some questionable activities on their device, and need to uncover the secrets lurking within, then you’ve come to the right place.
Finding hidden apps on Android is a relatively simple process that can be accomplished with ease. However, it’s important to keep in mind that once you’ve uncovered these apps, you should take steps to hide them again so that your child or partner doesn’t realize that their secrets have been exposed.
There are a variety of different methods that can be used to find hidden apps on Android, so it’s important to take some time to explore the options available so you can be able to uncover hidden apps on Android and ensure that your loved ones are using their devices safely and responsibly.
How to Hide Apps on Android
To find hidden apps on Android devices, it is crucial to first learn how to hide apps. This is important because if you stumble upon a hidden app and become curious, you will need to unhide it. If the app remains unhidden, anyone who uses the device, such as your child or significant other, may discover it and you may feel uneasy about it.
Therefore, it is wise to know how to hide apps as a preventative measure. Fortunately, there are several ways to hide apps on an Android device, and the following method is one of the simplest:
- Open the Settings app and select “Apps.” Locate the app you wish to hide or disable. Once on the App Info page, select “Disable.” When a confirmation message appears on the screen, tap “Disable.” The app will disappear from the app drawer.
Aside from using the Settings app, third-party apps can also be used to hide specific apps. However, this can only be done if a hiding app is already installed on the device. If there is no hiding app available, the first method mentioned is the most effective.
There are various hiding apps to choose from, such as Smart Hide Calculator, Calculator Vault, Apex Launcher, and AppLock. The steps to use a hiding app may vary depending on the specific app being used and can be more complicated.
How to Find Hidden Apps on Android
Step 1: From the Settings App
To discover hidden apps on Android devices, the first method is to use the Settings app. This simple process allows users to view all apps that have been set to hidden. To unhide apps from the Settings app, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device and select “Apps” from the menu. Tap on “All” to view a list of all the applications installed on your device.
- Scroll down to look for apps with a “Disable” sign or select “Disabled” from the “All apps” option at the top left corner of the screen. This will display a list of all hidden apps on your device.
- If you notice any suspicious application, select the app and choose “Enable“. This will bring the app back to the app drawer, making it easily accessible.
Please note that once an app has been enabled, it will remain visible in the app drawer until it is hidden again. If you are investigating any suspicious activity with the app, make sure to hide it once again.
Step 2: From the App Drawer
Another option to find hidden apps on Android is to utilize the app drawer. The app drawer is a comprehensive list of all the installed apps on your device, which can be accessed by tapping the icon with four or six dots located at the bottom of your screen. However, not all phone models support this method of finding hidden apps.
Similar to the previous approach, this method is straightforward and can be completed in a matter of seconds. Here are the steps to follow to locate hidden apps through the app drawer:
- Open your app drawer. Look for the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of your screen and tap on it.
- Choose “Settings” to access the home screen settings. Navigate to the “Hide apps” menu and tap on it. You’ll see app groups sorted alphabetically.
- (On certain Android phones, you may see a blank page after selecting “Hide apps.” The screen will only display hidden apps, and it will remain blank if there are no hidden apps)
Scroll through the list and check for any apps with a checkmark in the upper-left corner, which indicates that they are hidden from the app drawer. To unhide the apps, simply uncheck them. This will bring them back to the app drawer.
To find hidden apps on an Android device is a straightforward task, with various methods available. As seen above, the methods include accessing the Setting app or the app drawer. However, it’s essential to note that gaining unauthorized access to someone’s phone is not acceptable since it infringes on their privacy.