This article reveals what you should do when your GTBank credit or debit card (also known as ATM card) gets missing or stolen. I will share with you steps on how to block GTBank ATM card if stolen or missing.
In the advent of a missing, damaged or stolen ATM card, there are certain steps you must follow right away before you apply for a replacement. These steps should prevent unwanted card usage from unauthorised persons.
Let’s get right underway!
Here are safe steps to follow to block GTBank ATM card in Nigeria
1. USSD Method
One of the easiest and fastest ways to block you GTBank card is through the mobile USSD code.
- To do that, simply dial *737*51*10# on your mobile device. Make sure your phone number is associated with your GTBank account.
2. App / Internet Banking Method
GTBank allows you to block ATM card directly by;
- Login to your GTBank app or internet banking » click on cards » then select ‘hotlist’ » select card » insert number, expiry etc, and reason to block card » after submitting, wait for your card to be blocked.
3. SMS Method
You can hotlist your card when compromised, missing or stolen. Simple SMS “HOTLIST (NUBAN)” to 08076665555. Replace NUBAN with your 10 digit account number.
4. Contact GTBank Immediately
Also, instead of visiting your bank branch, one of the fastest ways to block GTBank ATM card is by contacting the bank via their social media accounts or phone number.
In case you misplaced or lost your GTBank ATM card (Verve, Visa or Master card), here are all GTBank contact details to apply for blocking of lost ATM card. You will find social media accounts, telephone numbers, email, website etc below;
GTBank Contact Info.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/gtbank/
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank_cards (for card queries)
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank_help (for general complaints)
So there you go, if what you are searching for isn’t GTBank, then check out this article How To Block ATM Card In Nigeria [All banks]! I hope this article helps you understand how to quickly block your GTBank credit/debit card. Have fun, cheers!
- List Of All Bank’s Contact Info In Nigeria
- How To Recharge Your Phone From Any Bank Via USSD Code In Nigeria
- How To Buy Airtime From GTBank Account
- How To Check GTBank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Check Access Bank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Transfer Money From GTBank To Other Banks On Mobile USSD Code
- How To Transfer Money From Access Bank To Other Banks On Mobile