This article reveals what you should do when your GTBank credit or debit card (also known as ‘ATM Card’) gets missing or stolen. I will share with you steps on how to block GTBank ATM Card if stolen or missing.
In the advent of a missing, damaged or stolen ATM card, there are certain steps you must follow right away before you apply for a replacement. These steps should prevent unwanted card usage from unauthorised persons.
ATM card transactions have increased over the years, it has now become a reliable way to move money around without actually carrying physical cash. It can be used to carry out different banking transactions to avoid unnecessary queuing up in banking halls. Some of these transactions include withdrawing money, transferring money, online shopping, pay for goods and services through POS, among others.
There’s no denying the benefits ATM cards have brought to the table, however, there are times when this can totally make one miserable. When your ATM card is missing or stolen, it’s critical to learn how to quickly and easily block your GTBank ATM before it gets in the hands of thieves.
Without further ado, let’s dive right into this article on Naijaknowhow that explains how to block GTBank ATM card when lost or stolen!
Ways to Block GTBank ATM Cards:
There are 4 ways to block your GTBank ATM card to avoid theft, they include:
- USSD Code
- GTBank Mobile App/Online Banking
- Contact Bank
Here’s How to Block GTBank ATM Card in Nigeria
Method 1: Block Card via USSD Code
One of the easiest and fastest ways to block your GTBank card is through the mobile USSD code. To get started;
- Simply dial *737*51*10# on any mobile device, then proceed to enter your phone number (make sure it’s the phone number is associated with your GTBank account), then enter your PIN to confirm blockage.
Method 2: Block Card via App/Internet Banking
GTBank allows you to block ATM cards directly by;
- Login to your GTBank app or internet banking » click on cards » then select ‘hotlist’ » select card » insert number, expiry etc, and reason to block card » after submitting, wait for your card to be blocked.
Method 3: Block Card via SMS
- You can hotlist your card when compromised, missing or stolen. Simple SMS “HOTLIST (NUBAN)” to 08076665555. Replace NUBAN with your 10 digit account number.
Method 4: Block Card by Contacting GTBank
Also, instead of visiting your bank branch, one of the fastest ways to block your GTBank ATM card is by contacting the bank via their social media accounts or phone number.
In case you misplaced or lost your GTB ATM card (Verve, Visa or Master card), here are all GTBank contact details to apply for blocking of lost ATM card. You will find social media accounts, telephone numbers, email, website etc below;
GTBank Contact Details:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/gtbank
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/gtbank_help (for general complaints)
So there you go, that concludes our article on how to block your GTBank ATM card easily. In summary, there are different ways to block your card quickly, however, my preferred one will always be the USSD code method. This is because you can quickly and conveniently dial the code on anyone’s phone to deactivate your card.
On the other hand, if what you are searching for isn’t GTBank, then check out this article to access more banks – How To Block ATM Card In Nigeria. I hope this article helps you to understand how to quickly block your GTBank credit/debit card. Have fun, cheers!
More on Mobile Banking:
- List Of All Bank’s Contact Info In Nigeria
- How To Recharge Your Phone From Any Bank Via USSD Code In Nigeria
- How To Buy Airtime From GTBank Account
- How To Check GTBank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Check Access Bank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Transfer Money From GTBank To Other Banks On Mobile USSD Code
- How To Transfer Money From Access Bank To Other Banks On Mobile