Korean phone maker, LG introduces a new smartphone called the LG K40S into its K series. The phone was launched recently in IFA Berlin. Like every other LG K series device, the smartphone is budget-focused and comes with worthwhile features.
Some of these features include the dewdrop display, 3GB RAM and the military grade certification just to mention a few. The averagely placed price tag makes the smartphone more appealing.
Let’s take a dive in, shall we?
LG K40S Features (Preview)
The dewdrop design makes the LG K40S attractive from the fore. Given this notch cutout, the smartphone’s frontal showcases 19:9 aspect ratio and 81% screen-to-body ratio. In terms of ruggedness, the military grade MIL-STD-810G compliance ensures that the device can survive several drops without damages.
Although there are minimal bezels on the left and right sides of the device, the bottom bezel is substantial. Heading to the rear, the dual cameras are positioned at the top alongside a flash and fingerprint scanner.
This dual camera array upholds a 13MP wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture as its main camera while a 5MP secondary camera handles ultra-wide photography. Meanwhile, the frontal 13MP camera is housed by the notch.
Underneath the notch, there’s a large 6.1-inch IPS LCD display that works smoothly with 720 x 1520 pixels resolution. Its compatriot is the 276ppi pixel density. Those beautiful images captured by the camera are well presented by this display.
Moving on, the phone arrives in different memory version, hence a 2GB RAM and 3GB RAM versions. Both versions have the same internal storage of 32GB that can be expanded to 1TB.
For the software dealings, the Android 9.0 Pie OS controls the show. In the chipset section, the MediaTek Helio P22 with octa-core 2.0GHz powers the smartphone. Lastly, the phone works for several hours with non-removable 3,500mAh battery.
Here are the LG K40S key specifications…
|Display||6.1-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 720 X 1520 pixels|
|OS||Android Pie OS|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.0GHz MediaTek Processor|
|Storage||32GB ROM + 2GB/3GB RAM (MicroSD card up to 1TB)|
|Camera||Dual 13MP + 5MP Rear/13MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N40,000 – N55,000|
Price and Availability
The LG K40S launched in August 2019; it is available in colours New Moroccan Blue, New Aurora Black. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
LG K40S retails at ₦40,000 – ₦55,000 in Nigeria. (CLICK TO BUY LG K40S or SEE OTHER PHONES UNDER N60,000).
LG K40S Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Processor: Octa-core 2.0GHz CPU (MediaTek Helio P22)
- Memory: 2GB/3GB RAM
- Colours: New Aurora Black, New Moroccan Blue
- Dimension: 156.3 x 73.9 x 8.6 mm
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.1-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1520 X 720 pixels (276PPI)
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP + 5MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 13MP camera, 720p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yea
- HSPA+: Yes 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (2CA) Cat 6 300/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0 with A2DP
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: MicroUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yea
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,500mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
Where to buy LG K40S
Kindly share your views about this LG phone in the comment section.
More on LG Phones:
- LG W10: The Dawn of the Budget W Series
- LG Q9 One: The Android One Version of LG Q9
- See the LG Q9 With IP68 Certification and Boombox Speakers
- The Budget LG K50 Launches With Dual Rear Shooters
- Leaks of V50 ThinQ, LG’s First 5G Smartphone