LG’s K series recently welcomed a new smartphone to the mobile market, the phone goes by the name LG K50. The smartphone enjoys cool features such as the dual rear cameras, facial unlocking, crisp chipset and some military-grade ruggedness.
With that said, let’s move straight into the article proper.
LG K50 Preview (Features)
To start with, I’ll talk about the military-grade ruggedness I mentioned in the introductory paragraph. It is enabled as a result of the MIL-STD-810G compliance that LG loves to see arrive into the market with their flagship phones. So, the Korean OEM adding this to the smartphone speaks volumes.
Due to the feature above, LG didn’t worry much about making the phone super slim, they just stuck with 8.7mm thickness and 170g weight. This isn’t such a big deal when you consider the ruggedness.
On the face of this smartphone, you’ll find the large 6.26-inch IPS LCD display that works with 720 x 1520 pixels resolution. This HD+ resolution works in tune with 269ppi pixel density to give clarity to your 480p and 720p movies.
Even so, there’s a dewdrop notch at the top of this display. The notch houses a sleek 13MP camera with f/2.0 aperture for photography and Facial ID purposes.
Turning to the rear, two cameras are placed at the top central part of the device. The cameras possess 13MP wide lens and 2MP depth sensor for bokeh data. There’s also a LED flash for adding brightness to images in low light conditions.
You can run multiple apps on the smartphone without bothering about lagging or slow operations as a 3GB RAM is paired with MediaTek Helio P22 chipset. Contained in the chipset’s arsenal are the Octa-core 2.3GHz processor and PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
To discharge software affairs, the smartphone maker infuses the Android 9.0 Pie OS within the smartphone. Lastly, a 3,500mAh battery governs how long the smartphone lasts.
Here are the LG K50 key specifications…
|Display||6.26-inch IPS capacitive touchscreen, 720 X 1520 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 Pie OS|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.3GHz Processor|
|Storage||32GB ROM + 3GB RAM (MicroSD card up to 1TB)|
|Camera||13MP + 2MP Rear/13MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N48,000 – N65,000|
Price and Availability
The LG K50 launched in August 2019; it is available in colour Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue, Platinum Gray. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
LG K50 retails at ₦48,000 – ₦65,000 in Nigeria. (CLICK TO BUY LG K50 or SEE OTHER PHONES UNDER N70,000).
LG K50 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS
- Processor: Octa-core 2.3GHz CPU MediaTek Helio P22
- Memory: 3GB RAM
- Colours: Aurora Black, Moroccan Blue, Platinum Gray
- Dimension: 161.3 x 77 x 8.7 mm
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.26-inch, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 1520 X 720 pixels (269PPI)
- Rear Camera: Dual 13MP + 2MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 13MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 32GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 1TB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yea
- HSPA+: Yes 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (2CA) Cat 6 300/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: microUSB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yea
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,500mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
Where to buy LG K50
Kindly share your views about this LG phone in the comment section.
More on LG Phones:
- LG W10: The Dawn of the Budget W Series
- LG Unveils Budget LG K40 With Military-grade Durability
- See the LG Q9 With IP68 Certification and Boombox Speakers
- LG Q9 One: The Android One Version of LG Q9
- Does LG Want a Smartphone with 16 Cameras?