Windows 11 comes with some new looks and performance upgrades. The operating system introduces changes like a redesigned store, faster game loading with Direct Storage, and a cleaner interface. The lock screen feature is entirely new, but it’s supposed to be more secure than before.
Despite these enhancements, some users have faced challenges locating and enabling the lock screen in Windows 11. However, worry not, as in this article on Naijaknowhow, I’ll guide you through the various steps to activate this feature on your Windows 11 PC.
To begin, it’s important to note that the lock screen is among the important features on Windows 11. This feature adds an extra layer of security to your system. To enable the lock screen feature, follow these instructions carefully, ensuring you proceed step by step as needed.
Best Methods to Lock Screen on Windows 11
Method 1: Using the Start Menu
Enabling the lock screen on Windows 11 is straightforward using the Start Menu. Simply click on the “Start Menu” and locate your profile icon. Click on it, and from the options that appear, choose “Lock.” That’s all you need to do! Your Windows 11 screen will now be locked until you log in again.
Method 2: Using the Keyboard Shortcut
Windows + L keys
Locking your Windows 11 PC screen is a breeze with keyboard shortcuts. The quickest method is to press Windows + L simultaneously. It’s a simple combination, and once you do this, your system will swiftly take you to the login screen, securing your PC.
Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys
Alternatively, you can use Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys to lock screen on Windows 11. When you press these keys together, a black window appears with various options. Just click on the “Lock” option, and your Windows 11 PC will be securely locked, providing you with an easy and efficient way to safeguard your system.
Method 3: Utilize Task Manager to Lock Windows 11
If you’re familiar with using Task Manager, you can employ it to lock your Windows 11. Simply press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously to open Task Manager. Once it’s open, navigate to the Users tab and right-click on the specific user you wish to lock. From the options that appear, choose “Disconnect,” and there you have it.
Method 4: Using Command Prompt
If you’re someone who likes using the command prompt for various tasks in Windows, here’s a simple method to lock your computer. Start by pressing the Windows + R buttons to open the run dialog box. Then, type in this command and press enter: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
This command will promptly lock your computer, providing a quick and direct way to secure your system.
Method 5: Create a Lock Screen Shortcut
You can make locking your computer even easier by creating a shortcut for the command mentioned earlier. This way, you only need to double-click on the shortcut to quickly lock your PC. It’s a straightforward method that simplifies the process, offering a convenient way to secure your system with just a simple double-click.
- Right-click on desktop blank space and select New. Then click on Shortcut.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to enter the location. Now type in the path or command. Then click on Next.
- Enter the name for the shortcut and press the Finish button.
Method 6: Automatically Lock the Screen with Screen Saver
- Right-click on the empty space on the desktop and select Personalization.
- Click on Lock Screen. Then select Screen Saver.
- Now on the screen saver settings window, choose a screen saver from the dropdown menu and enter number of minutes, tick the On resume, display logon screen option.
- Click on Apply and OK buttons to save it.
Method 7: Lock Automatically Using Dynamic Lock
To automatically lock screen on Windows PC using Dynamic Lock, start by pairing your phone with your computer via Bluetooth. Follow these steps:
- Press Win+I, go to Bluetooth & Devices. Select your phone, and open your phone.
- Select the Get Started option and press the Sign In button.
- Sign in using your Microsoft account. Then, checkmark the box located in front of I have the Your Phone Companion.
- Click on the Pair With QR Code option. Then, simply scan the code using your phone to pair it with your PC.
- Now, go to Settings. Under Accounts, click on Sign-in options.
- Under Dynamic Lock, checkmark the box located in front of Allow Windows to detect when you’re away and automatically lock the device.
So long as your phone is successfully paired, Dynamic Lock will automatically secure your PC when you move away with your paired phone.
If you’re having trouble finding or enabling the lock screen, this guide provides you with all the necessary information. Just follow the steps above to make sure you can access and utilize the lock screen on your Windows 11 operating system.