Chinese manufacturer OPPO has announced a 6.6-inch phablet “OPPO Reno 10x Zoom variant” equipped with a 10x hybrid zoom, a new model of the new brand Reno.
OPPO is one of the largest smartphone makers in the world. But not everyone in Nigeria is familiar with this “new” brand. Although it is an extremely popular manufacturer in Asia, OPPO‘s smartphones are gradually gaining ground after the recently launched OPPO F11 PRO in Lagos, Nigeria. Thanks to innovative solutions and pioneering designs, this Chinese brand is on the rise. The quality and price of the smartphones will certainly not be due; the Reno 10x Zoom is an example of this.
OPPO Reno 10x zoom comes with a 6.6 inches FHD+ bezel-less display, Snapdragon 855 SM 8150 2.84GHz Octa-core CPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM , 128GB / 256GB storage capacity, it is equipped with triple camera main camera setup.
Without further ado, here are all the full specifications, price and features of the OPPO Reno 10x Zoom.
Reno 10x Zoom Preview (Features)
Those who are familiar with the design style of OPPO will not be surprised by the design of the OPPO Reno. The entire smartphone has a streamlined design that is particularly striking because of the full-screen design, primarily made possible by the pop-up camera. And this might surprise you. If you take a selfie, the angled front camera appears, like a shark fin. If you want something unique then the Reno 10x Zoom will not disappoint you with this feature. The corners of the Reno are further rounded while the edges are also curved (but no screen edge). The frame is made of metal while the back and front are made of glass.
Seen from the rear, the stylish design comes out even more. This is made possible in part by the vertical placement of all parts and elements. For example, the sensors of the triple camera are placed below each other. All in all, the Reno 10x Zoom has a modern appearance with a number of interesting features. The total dimensions are 162 x 77.2 x 9.3 mm weighing 210 grams.
When it comes to the OPPO Reno’s screen which is one of the features that stands out. With a 6.6-inch FullHD display, the Reno is a device of size. Perfect for the games you play, but also for watching your favourite Netflix series. With an aspect ratio of 19.5: 9, the pixel density amounts to 387 PPI. The screen can also take a beating as it is protected with the latest Corning Gorilla Glass 6. This does not mean that it cannot break but it helps considerably to prevent damage to the display.
A place has been made for the Snapdragon 855 chipset under the hood of the Reno 10x Zoom, this is in the high-end range when compared to the OPPO Reno with Snapdragon 710 chipset. This SD855 chipset uses an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2 GHz that is assisted by 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. A version with 256 GB storage space is also available. For the average user, the 128 GB storage space is more than sufficient, unless you take a lot of photos or store videos/music. Expansion is also possible with a microSD card up to 256GB.
What once started with a single smartphone camera has now ended up with the most special solutions and possibilities. The Reno 10x Zoom from OPPO goes one step further with the powerful zoom lens and ‘Shark Fin’ pop-up camera. The unique selling point of the Reno 10x Zoom is the pop-up front camera that comes up diagonally when you take a selfie. This camera has a 16MP sensor and f/2.0 aperture. You can record videos with this front camera in FullHD. A quality camera can also be found at the rear. This is a triple camera; three cameras that work together to achieve the best photo.
There is a main camera with a 48MP sensor and an f/1.7 aperture. This camera is assisted by two other camera sensors, each with its own purpose. There is an ultra-wide-angle camera with 8MP sensor f/2.2 lens. And then there is also the periscope camera with 13 megapixels. This camera has 5x optical zoom so that you can zoom in very far without any loss of quality. In addition, this triple camera has a Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama mode, phase detection autofocus, optical image stabilization and much more.
To provide the device with power, the Reno 10x Zoom has a 4065mAh battery. In comparison with the normal Reno smartphone, this is a fairly large battery considering the capacity. This is also necessary for a large 6.6-inch screen that consumes the necessary energy. The normal Reno has a 3765 mAh battery.
Moreover, the battery can be charged quickly via the USB Type-C port and 50W Fast battery charging VOOC 3.0. This technology from OPPO guarantees that charging only takes a fraction of the time than other smartphones. From the box, the Reno 10x Zoom runs on Color OS 6.0 that is based on Android 9.0 Pie.
Here are the Reno 10x Zoom Edition key specifications…
|Display||6.6-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels, Gorilla Glass 6|
|OS||Color OS 6.0 (Android 9.0 Pie OS)|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.84GHz Snapdragon 855 chipset|
|Storage||256 GB + 6/8 GB RAM or 128 GB + 6GB RAM|
|Camera||48MP + 13MP + 8MP Rear/Motorised pop-up 16MP Front (With LED light)|
Price and Availability
The Reno 10x Zoom launched in April 2019 (Availability in June 2019); it is available in colours Ocean Green, Jet Black. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom (6/128GB) retails at ₦214,000, Reno 10x Zoom (6/256GB) retails at ₦242,000, while the Reno 10x Zoom (8/256GB) retails at ₦258,000 Naira in Nigeria. (CLICK TO BUY RENO 10X ZOOM).
OPPO Reno 10x Zoom Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: ColorOS 6.0 (Android 9.0 Pie)
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Colours: Ocean Green, Jet Black
- Dimension: 1162 x 77.2 x 9.3 mm
- Weight: 210g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Hybrid)
- Display: 6.6-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~387 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Gorilla Glass 6, DCI-P3
- Rear Camera: Triple, Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, gyro-EIS
- 48 MP, f/1.7, 26mm (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF, OIS
- Periscope 13 MP, f/3.0, 130mm (telephoto), 5x optical zoom, Laser/PDAF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide)
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 16 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1080p Video@30fps
- Features: HDR
- Built-in Storage: 128GB/256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 256GB (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes, 5.76/47.56
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, 5.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- 24-bit/192kHz audio
- Dolby Audio
- Navigation: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4,065mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Fast Charging: Fast battery charging 20W (VOOC Flash Charge)
Where to buy Reno 10x Zoom
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE RENO 10X ZOOM in Nigeria.
More on OPPO Phones: