Samsung Electronics officially presents a smartphone with the world’s first four rear cameras, Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018), in the 4X Fun event held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Thursday (11/10/2018).
Samsung smartphones are known to have one of the best cameras you’d get in a mobile device. And the new smartphones launched were just another with monster cameras. Apart from the Galaxy A9, Samsung also announced the presence of the Galaxy A7 (2018).
Now let to know the Galaxy A9 (2018) better!
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Quick Review!
Galaxy A9 (2018) uses a quad-camera configuration that has not been found in other smartphone brands. Usually, the arrangement of four cameras on a smartphone is in the form of a dual camera each in front and back.
The South Korean technology giant argued that the four rear cameras were installed so that users could channel more of their creativity in shooting.
Samsung installed a 24MP sensor on the main camera with an open f/1.7. The other lens on the back is a 10MP telephoto, which has the ability of 2x optical zoom to take pictures remotely. The Galaxy A9 (2018) also has an 8MP ultra-wide lens which features an AI Scene Recognition to identify the subject’s image and adjust the best photo settings.
Finally, a 5MP depth lens with f/2.2 openings is used to give a bokeh effect to the photo and has a focus that can be set manually. Samsung also installed a 24MP sensor for a selfie camera with f/2.2 openings.
As for the specifications, the Galaxy A9 (2018) comes with a 6.3-inch Super AMOLED screen resolution of 2220 x 1080 aspect ratio of 18.5:9 ratio, Snapdragon 660 octa-core chipset, GPU Adreno 512, 6GB/8GB RAM, and 128GB of internal memory expanded with a memory card of up to 512GB.
The Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) is a dual SIM (GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G and 4G (with support for Band 40 used by some LTE networks in Nigeria). Sensors on the phone include Face unlock, Fingerprint sensor, Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Equipped with a 3800mAh battery capacity, Galaxy A9 (2018) runs with the Android 8.0 Oreo operating system.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Key Specs
Here are the Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) key specifications…
|Display||6.3-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 2220 x 1080 pixels|
|OS||Android 8.0 Oreo OS|
|Processor||Snapdragon 660 octa-core (4×2.2GHz + 4×1.8GHz)|
|Storage||6GB/128GB ROM or 8GB/128GB RAM (expanded with a memory card of up to 512GB)|
|Camera||24MP + 10MP + 8MP + 5MP Rear/24MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N250,000 – N300,000|
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Photos
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Price and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) launched in October 2018, it is available in colours Black, Blue and Pink. You can order the phone from online shopping markets using any of the links below.
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) retails at $800 (₦N250,000 – ₦300,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY SAMSUNG GALAXY A9 (2018)).
Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018) Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 8.0 Oreo Samsung Experience UX
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core (4×2.2GHz + 4×1.8GHz)
- GPU: GPU Adreno 512
- Memory: 6GB/8GB RAM
- Colours: Black, Blue, Pink
- Dimension: 162.50 x 77.00 x 7.80mm
- Weight: 183g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.3-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2220 pixels (411 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (front/back)
- Rear Camera: 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 10-megapixel (f/2.4) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4) + 5-megapixel (f/2.0)
- Rear Camera Features: AutoFocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR, Pro Lighting Mode, AR Emojis
- Front Camera: 24MP camera, LED flash, 720p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: MicroUSB 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (side-mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,800mAh non removable Li-ion battery
- Talktime: –
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy A9 (2018)
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE SAMSUNG GALAXY A9 (2018) in Nigeria.
More on Samsung Products:
- Samsung Galaxy J6 Plus features side-mounted Fingerprint and Dual Rear Cameras
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Goes Official with Dual Rear Cameras and 4GB RAM
- 11 Latest Samsung Phones and Prices in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy J2 Core unveiled as the First Samsung Android Go Phone
- Galaxy Tab S5e, Samsung’s Thinnest & Lightest Tablet