After being introduced in May, Finney, the first smartphone to utilize blockchain technology, was officially marketed commercially.
Sirin Labs is working with Foxconn and cooperating with football star Lionel Messi to become an ambassador for their products. The company also plans to join the Amazon Launchpad program in January 2019 to reach consumers.
Let’s keep reading to explore more about the Finney blockchain smartphone.
Finney Quick Review!
At a glance, Finney looks like a smartphone in general, with a 6-inch screen, an aspect ratio of 18:9 and a resolution of FHD + 2160 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone uses a Snapdragon 845 octa-core chipset and GPU Adreno 630 combined with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal memory.
Sirin Labs does not forget to equip Finney with photography support features. On the back, there is a 12MP camera and 8MP front camera for selfies (See the best camera phones).
Finney already supports fingerprint scanners called ‘ultra-safe’, Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, and NFC.
This smartphone is supported by a 3000mAh battery that can charge 50 percent in 30 minutes and runs using the Android 8.1 Oreo operating system. It comes in two colour variants — pebble grey and coal black.
Finney has an IP52 certification, there is little protection from water falling vertically, for example, rain. The back of the handset is also protected by Gorilla Glass.
Entering unique specifications, Finney installed blockchain technology to be able to have cryptocurrency ‘wallets’ that are not connected to the internet, so hackers cannot access the money stored there. Sirin Labs also installs layered security in Finney to detect attacks both on the network and outside the network.
Finney also has a service called Token Conversion Services in the form of simplifying exchanges for a number of coins and tokens. When launched, TCS Finney can be used for Bitcoin, Ethereum and SRN.
Finney Key Specs
Here are the Finney key specifications…
|Display||6.0-inch FHD+ capacitive touchscreen, 2160 x 1080 pixels|
|OS||Android 8.1 (SirinOS)|
|Processor||Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 845|
|Storage||128GB ROM + 6GB RAM|
|Camera||12MP Rear/8MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||$999 (N364,000 naira in Nigeria)|
Finney Price and Availability
The Finney launch in May 2018 and available in November 2018, it is available colours – pebble grey and coal black. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
Finney retails at $999 (N364,000 naira in Nigeria) but consumers can get a discount of US $100 if they pre-order via Sirin Labs Token (SRN) from Sirin Labs, a Finney manufacturer.. (CLICK TO BUY FINNEY).
Finney Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 8.1 (SirinOS)
- Processor: Octa-core 2.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 385 + 1.8 GHz, Quad core, Kryo 385 Qualcomm Snapdragon 845
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 6GB
- Colours: Pebble grey and Coal black
- Dimension: –
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single SIM
- Display: 6.0-inch FHD+ capacitive touchscreen, 2160 x 1080 pixels (18:9 aspect ratio)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Rear Camera: 12MP, 2160p Video@30fps
- Rear Camera Features: Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama, dual LED flash,
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 1080p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: GSM 1800 / 1900 / 850 / 900 MHz
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: UMTS 1900 / 2100 / 850 / 900 MHz
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: TD-LTE 2600(band 38) / 2300(band 40) / 2500(band 41) / 1900(band 39)
FD-LTE 2100(band 1) / 1800(band 3) / 2600(band 7) / 900(band 8) / 700(band 28) / 1900(band 2) / 1700(band 4) / 850(band 5) / 700(band 17) / 850(band 18) / 850(band 19) / 800(band 20) / 700(band 29)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes, HSDPA 42 Mbit/s ↓, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s ↑
- HSPA+: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbp
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, 150 Mbit/s ↑ 1 Gbit/s ↓ (LTE category 16)
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB V2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Ye
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS
- Maps: –
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: –
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: –
- Dust Resistant: –
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3000mAh non removable Li-ion battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
Where to buy Finney
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE FINNEY PHONE in Nigeria.
So my cryptocurrency traders, what do you think about this new device?
- 6 Best Phones Under 60000 Naira In Nigeria
- The VR-focused Asus Zenfone Ares Launched with 2K Resolution and 128GB Internal Storage
- 7 Best Android Phones In Nigeria Market
- Asus Zenfone 5 Full Specifications, Features and Price