Have you ever accidentally turned on TalkBack on your Android device and found it more of a hassle than a help? Or maybe you intentionally enabled it, but now it’s causing more frustration than anything else. Don’t worry, this article explains how to turn off talkback on Android phones.
If you’re new to Android, TalkBack can take some getting used to. While it can be useful for those who have visual impairments or disabilities, it can also be a bit overwhelming for the rest of us. But no need to panic – turning it off is easy peasy, and you can always turn it back on if you need it in the future.
Whether you’ve been using TalkBack for a while and now want to turn it off, or you accidentally activated it and need to disable it ASAP, we’ve got you covered. With our step-by-step guide on Naijaknowhow, you’ll be able to turn off TalkBack on your Android device in no time at all. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Turn Off TalkBack on Android?
If you’re having trouble turning off TalkBack on your Android phone, no worries! It’s actually pretty easy to do. Just keep in mind that the steps might vary depending on your phone model, Android version, or TalkBack app version.
Here are a few ways you can turn off TalkBack: you can press the volume buttons, ask Google Assistant for help, or tweak your Accessibility settings. So don’t sweat it – just give one of these methods a try and you should be good to go. Now let’s begin with the procedures.
Step 1: Use the Volume Buttons
To disable TalkBack on your Android device, the quickest method is to use the volume buttons. During device setup, you will be presented with the option to enable TalkBack, and if you did, you can quickly disable it by pressing the volume buttons. Additionally, you can use a shortcut on the volume key to toggle TalkBack on and off.
- Your device side has two volume keys visible.
- Hold down both volume buttons for a duration of 2-3 seconds.
- The TalkBack feature will announce “TalkBack OFF“, indicating that the accessibility function on the device has been disabled.
If this method of turning off TalkBack doesn’t work, try the next one below.
Step 2: Turn off via Accessibility
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on the “Accessibility” option.
- In the Accessibility menu, select “Vision” and then click on “Talkback“.
- Toggle the switches off for “TalkBack“.
- Finally, click on “STOP” to turn off TalkBack on your Android device.
Step 3: Use Google Assistant
Here’s an alternative way to disable TalkBack on your Android device: using Google Assistant. It’s worth noting that on an Android phone, Google Assistant can perform a wide range of tasks, including turning off TalkBack. Here’s how you can use it to do so:
- Activate Google Assistant.
- Say the phrase “Turn off TalkBack“.
How to Disable Lock Screen TalkBack?
If you don’t want to use the accessibility feature on your phone’s lock screen, you can turn off TalkBack specifically for that function. Doing so can help safeguard your privacy and prevent your phone from speaking to you while it’s locked. To disable TalkBack from working on the lock screen, follow the steps outlined below.
Android 11 and above:
- Open the “Settings” app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on “Accessibility“.
- Navigate to the bottom of the Accessibility settings page.
- Turn off the toggle switch “Shortcut from lock screen“.
Android 10 and below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Click on Accessibility.
- Select the Volume key.
- Turn off “Permit from lock screen”.
The task is complete, and if necessary, you can undo the steps to re-enable the feature. Android’s accessibility features are highly beneficial, especially TalkBack, which is a useful feature for individuals who are unable to navigate the device using their hands. It offers excellent options for such users. But just in case you accidentally turn off tailback, the procedures in this article will help you turn it off.
TalkBack is a useful accessibility feature that allows visually-impaired users to navigate their Android devices. However, for those who don’t need it, it can be an inconvenience. By following the methods outlined in this article, users can easily turn off TalkBack and return to using their devices more familiarly. Cheers!
- How to Enable Notepad Dark Mode on Windows
- How to Change Display DPI Scaling on Windows 11
- How to Create a Virtual Machine on VirtualBox