Are you searching for the USSD code used for borrowing money or airtime on your Airtel line for free and pay later, then here is the place to be. This post on Naijaknowhow contains how to borrow airtime on Airtel in Nigeria.
If you’re a big lover of the Airtel network, be aware that the network allows you to borrow airtime from them just like their other counterparts in the business (MTN, 9mobile and Glo). The services called Airtel Extra Credit has made this absolutely possible. Using a simple USSD code, you can ask for money from your network and payback when you recharge your line.
In this post, I’ll show you how you can do that. Kindly follow the guide carefully and remember terms and conditions applies when it comes to borrowing airtime on Airtel in Nigeria.
Here’s How to Borrow Airtime Credit From Airtel in Nigeria – Airtel Extra Credit (Code)
Airtel Extra Credit service allows you to borrow Airtel from Airtel, you must have met the conditions below to be eligible;
- You must be a prepaid customer with a registered SIM.
- SIM must be at least 2 months old
- Actively recharging and using your line with an average of N200 monthly.
- Customer who have paid up any previous loan and associated charges
The amount that can be borrowed on Airtel is N25, N50, N100, N200, N500, N1000 and N2000.
To borrow airtime/credit on Airtel:
- Kindly, dial *500# > Select 2 and follow to prompt or dial *500*amount#, e.g *500*50# to borrow N50 or dial *500# and follow the prompts.
Airtime Loan (NGN)
Value* You Will Be Credited (NGN)
Amount You Pay Back (NGN)
Airtel service charge
You will pay 15% of the borrowed amount as a service charge. E.g, if you borrow N100, you will receive N85 or if N50, you will receive N42.50.
That’s how to borrow credit or airtime on Airtel using the Airtel Extra Credit service. Go ahead and start borrowing airtime credit on your Airtel line today. Let me know if the code works for you via the comment box below. You should also check the best Airtel tariff plans and migration codes in Nigeria before you go.
More on how to borrow airtime from other networks:
Airtel na st*pid network
Airtel doesn’t borrow me card or data
The code is not work again what happen
This may happen for 2 reasons:
1. You may have just joined the network recently thus not meeting the minimum age in network of 3 months. It may also be as a result of not regularly loading airtime on your AIRTEL line.
2. You may have an unpaid loan balance. You must settle this first before applying again.
I need to activate my Airtel borrow me
The code has refused to work
What error message are you getting?
airtel code doesn’t work again