Apple iPhone XS Max is the larger variant of the iPhone XS and the successor of the iPhone X which was launched last year. This is one of the new Apple devices that captured a lot of attention from fans when it was announced this month.
Apart from the massive screen size of the iPhone XS Max, another significant improvement that stands this device out from previous flagships is the inclusion of A12 processor with a 7 nm architecture, a dual rear camera, big battery and dual-SIM support.
In this article by Naijaknowhow, we will be exploring everything starting with the unique design, features and complete specs of Apple iPhone XS Max (iPhone Ten S Max)!
Let’s get underway!
Apple iPhone XS Max Quick Review!
The iPhone XS Max look elegant with firm stainless steel design. The front is wrapped in glass which is claimed to be the most resilient compared to all smartphones on the market today. The iPhone XS Max has the IP68 dust and water-resistant certification just like the iPhone XS, increased from the previous series which carried IP67 certification. This means that users can submerge them in water to a depth of 2 meters for 30 minutes.
The most significant difference between both variants (XS Max and XS) is the display size. iPhone XS Max uses a bezel-less design like the previous iPhone X but has a difference in screen size when compared to the iPhone XS. The iPhone XS Max has a 6.5-inch screen with a resolution of 2688×1242 pixels, while the iPhone XS has a smaller screen with a size of 5.8 inches with a resolution of 2436×1125 pixels.
The screen quality of the iPhone XS Max is equally compelling utilising an OLED-type Super Retina display with a 458ppi pixel density level that is equipped with Dolby Vision and HDR10 technology.
In the area of performance, the iPhone XS Max increased significantly by relying on the A12 Bionic processor. If explained, in one processor there are 4- GPU cores, 6- CPU cores, and Neural Engine. Each CPU core on the A12 Bionic is claimed to be able to run a program 15 percent faster and 40 percent better energy efficiency than its A11 predecessor on the iPhone X, while the GPU is 50 percent better.
Shifting to the camera section, iPhone XS Max is equipped with two dual rear cameras with 12MP wide-angle camera configuration (1.4 microns pixels with f / 1.8 openings) and 12MP telephoto camera (f / 2.4 openings with 2x optical zoom), which reinforced with True Tone flash. On the front side, users can take a selfie with a 7MP camera. The sensor is claimed to be faster and openings f / 2.2. With Image Signal and Neural Engine technology, selfie results can be maximized.
Another impressive thing about the iPhone XS Max is the battery. The iPhone XS Max has a battery that is claimed to be 90 minutes longer than the iPhone X and 60 minutes longer than the iPhone XS variant. The iPhone XS Max was also supported by a dual SIM card with DSDS technology (Dual SIM Dual Standby). iPhone XS Max also comes in three storage units — 64GB, 256GB and 512GB memory.
Apple iPhone XS Max Key Specs
Here are the Apple iPhone XS Max key specifications…
|Display||6.5 inches, 1242 x 2688 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)|
|Processor||Hexa Core A12 Chipset Bionic|
|Storage||64/256/512GB Built-in + 4GB RAM|
|Camera||12MP + 12MP Rear / 7MP Front (With Rear quad LED light)|
|Battery||Li-ion Non removable|
|Price||Starts US $1099 (around N399,000 naira)|
Apple iPhone XS Max Photos
Apple iPhone XS Max Price and Availability
The iPhone XS Max launched in September 2018, it is available in three colours — silver, space grey and gold. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
Apple iPhone XS Max 64GB retails at US $1,099 (around N399,000 Naira in Nigeria) while the 256GB variant goes for $1,249 (about N453,000 Naira) and the 512GB variant for $1,449 (about N525,000 Naira). (CLICK TO BUY IPHONE XS MAX).
Apple iPhone XS Max Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: IOS 12
- Processor: Hexa Core A12 Chipset Bionic
- GPU: Apple GPU (4-core graphics)
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Silver, space grey and gold
- Dimension: 157.5 x 77.4 x 7.7 mm (6.20 x 3.05 x 0.30 in)
- Weight: 208g
- SIM Type: Dual Standby, (nano-SIM and eSIM). iPhone XS is not compatible with existing micro-SIM cards.
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.5 inches, 1242 x 2688 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~458 ppi density)
- Technology: All-screen OLED Multi‑Touch display
- Screen Protection: Ion-strengthened glass, oleophobic coating
- Extra features: True-tone display, Wide colour gamut display, 120 Hz touch-sensing
- Rear Camera: Dual 12 MP, f/1.8, 28mm, 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, OIS, PDAF + 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1.0µm, OIS, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED dual-tone flash, HDR (photo/panorama), Video [email protected]/30/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240fps, HDR, stereo sound rec.
- Front Camera: 7 MP, f/2.2, 32mm, HDR, Video ([email protected])
- Built-in Storage: 64/256/512GB Built-in
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE:
- FDD-LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30, 32, 66)
- TD-LTE (Bands 34, 38, 39, 40, 41)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes (HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps)
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes 4G LTE-A
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 2.0, proprietary reversible connector
- GPS: Yes + A-GPS support & Glonass, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/AAX+/AIFF/Apple Lossless player, MP4/H.264 player, Speaker Phone
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No (Uses EarPods with Lightning Connector)
- Navigation: Yes with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: –
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes with dedicated mic
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Apple Pay (Visa, MasterCard, AMEX certified)
- Water Resistant: Yes water resistant (up to 2m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes IP67 dust
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Extra: Siri natural language commands and dictation, iCloud cloud service, Front/rear glass + aluminium frame (7000 series), Audio editor
- Lasts up to 1.5 hours longer than iPhone 8 Plus
- Talk time (wireless): Up to 25 hours
- Internet use: Up to 13 hours
- Video playback (wireless): Up to 15 hours
- Audio playback (wireless): Up to 65 hours
- Fast‑charge capable: Up to 50% charge 30 minutes8
- Built-in rechargeable lithium‑ion battery
- Wireless charging (works with Qi chargers9)
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter
Where to buy Apple iPhone XS Max
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE IPHONE XS MAX in Nigeria.
Kindly share with us what you feel about the iPhone XS Max device in the comments.