With the rise of digitalization and remote work, document editing apps have become an essential tool for professionals and students alike. From text formatting to collaboration features, it is important to choose the right app to maximize productivity and efficiency in document creation and management.
These apps are packed with a ton of features to make document creation and management easier. They have revolutionized the way we work with documents, making it easier than ever to make changes and track revisions. No longer do we have to worry about keeping multiple versions of a document or losing track of important changes.
With document editing apps, all your work is stored in one place, making it easy to access and modify as needed. Some offer advanced formatting options, allowing users to customize their documents with a range of fonts, colors, and styles. In this article on Naijaknowhow, I’ve handpicked some of the best document editors to use on your smartphone.
List of the Best Document Editing Apps for Android and iOS
Below, you’ll find the best options to go for if you need help organizing your documents using your mobile. Whether you are a student, a professional writer, or just someone who wants to keep their work organized, there is an app that can help. Meanwhile, you may want to check our list of the best spreadsheet apps for Android and iOS devices.
1. Microsoft 365
Microsoft 365 is an extremely useful application that can help enhance your productivity. It provides you with the best tools that you need to create and edit your documents smoothly and seamlessly. This single app combines three of the most commonly used tools into one simple solution for all your work and document management needs.
With over 500 million downloads on the Google Play Store alone, this app is widely recognized as one of the best document editing apps in the mobile market. It is designed to cater to a wide range of needs and requirements, whether you are looking to create a professional cover letter, keep track of your budget, or create engaging slideshows.
- Streamlined document creation and editing.
- Integrates three essential tools into one app.
- Versatile for tasks like cover letters and slideshows.
- Widely recognized with 500 million+ downloads.
- Offers a seamless document management experience.
- Steeper learning curve for advanced features.
- Requires subscription for premium features.
- Interface may be overwhelming for some users.
- Limited offline functionality compared to desktop.
- Occasional updates may introduce minor glitches.
2. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor is a highly capable software application that is designed to make it simple for users to view and manage their PDF files while on the go. The app is built with a user-friendly interface and is known for its sleek and beautiful design. Foxit PDF Editor app gives you the ability to collaborate and share PDF files with others.
It enables users to create, convert and edit PDF files with ease and speed. The lightweight size and fast performance of this app make it an ideal choice for those who are looking for a comprehensive and efficient PDF editing solution. In addition to its basic functionality, Foxit PDF Editor also comes with a variety of advanced tools and features.
- User-friendly interface and sleek design.
- Efficient collaboration and file sharing.
- Fast performance and lightweight size.
- Comprehensive PDF creation and editing.
- Advanced tools for enhanced functionality.
- Learning curve for advanced features.
- Subscription needed for premium functionalities.
- There’s potential compatibility issues.
- Limited offline functionality.
- Has occasional bugs with updates.
3. Microsoft Word
Microsoft Word is a mobile document editor that deserves to be on every list of the top mobile apps for document editing. Its versatility allows you to create and edit documents anytime, anywhere, on multiple platforms including Android and iOS. This app is designed to provide you with the same user experience as the PC version.
One of the key features of Microsoft Word is the Reading View, which allows you to read documents, PDFs, scripts, and letters with ease. The app also has a built-in PDF converter, which allows you to save documents as PDF files and share them with others. This is just one of many features that make Microsoft Word one of the best document editing apps available.
- Convenient mobile editing on-the-go.
- Accessibility across platforms.
- Reading View enhances document perusal.
- Built-in PDF converter simplifies sharing.
- Consistent user experience for familiarity.
- Interface complexity can be overwhelming.
- Subscription costs for advanced features.
- Editing challenges arise on smaller screens.
- Internet dependency for full functionality.
- Occasional disruptions due to updates and fixes.
4. Google Docs
Google Docs is an application that enables users to create and edit documents from their smartphones. With Google Docs, you can effortlessly manage your work without having to worry about losing any important data or information. This app automatically saves everything you type, so you don’t have to worry about manually saving your work.
Google Docs also provides you with the option to share your documents with other users and collaborate with them in real time. This makes it a great option for those who need to work on the go and need to access their documents from anywhere. Moreover, there are several subscription-based features for users who want to get the most out of their word editor.
- Effortless mobile document editing.
- Auto-save eliminates data loss concerns.
- Real-time collaboration for seamless teamwork.
- Access documents from any location.
- Subscription options for enhanced features.
- Internet dependence for real-time collaboration.
- Has a limited offline functionality.
- Some features require a subscription.
- Privacy concerns with cloud storage.
- Interface may be less intuitive for some users.
5. WPS Office
WPS Office is one of the document editing apps that provides you with everything you need to handle documents and presentations on the go. Whether you are looking to scan a PDF, edit slides, or simply view a document, WPS Office has you covered with its comprehensive suite of tools and features.
Designed specifically for smartphones, WPS Office is packed with useful templates that make it easy to create new documents without having to start from scratch. It also includes a powerful converter that allows you to convert your Office documents into PDF format, giving you even more flexibility and control over your work.
- Mobile efficiency with user-friendly templates.
- Powerful Office-to-PDF converter.
- Versatile features: scan PDFs, edit slides.
- Convenient document handling tools.
- Offers streamlined creation and viewing.
- Overwhelming interface due to feature abundance.
- Limited collaboration compared to other apps.
- Mobile focus may impact desktop optimization.
- Time needed to learn advanced functionalities.
- Regular updates needed for performance glitches.
6. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader offers users the choice between a free version and a premium subscription. The free version of the app is packed with standard features that allow users to view, annotate, sign, and share PDF documents with ease. However, if you decide to subscribe to the premium version, you’ll have access to even more tools and features.
For example, the app includes a powerful PDF converter that can be used to convert files to and from PDF format, as well as a combiner tool that makes it easy to organize and merge multiple PDF documents. The premium version of Adobe Acrobat Reader also gives users the option to connect to Google Drive, providing even more convenience and flexibility.
- Free version covers essential tasks.
- Offers powerful tools that includes Google Drive.
- Widely recognized, user-friendly interface.
- Trusted in document management.
- Robust functionality for various PDF tasks.
- Premium comes with a cost.
- Extensive features may overwhelm.
- Subscription model may deter one-time buyers.
- Advanced tools may be unnecessary.
- Popularity raises privacy concerns.
OfficeSuite is a top-notch document editor that can be a game-changer for individuals and businesses looking to enhance their productivity. It offers a one-stop-shop solution by integrating various tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and PDF into one single app, making it a feature-rich solution for managing and editing documents.
The app has a user-friendly design and intuitive interface that makes working with documents on a mobile device a breeze. Additionally, it supports a wide range of file formats, making it an ideal option for those who regularly deal with different types of documents. It also has a cloud storage option that allows for easy access to files at any time.
- Enhanced productivity with integrated tools.
- User-friendly design for document management.
- Supports a wide range of file formats.
- Cloud storage for convenient file access.
- Features solution for diverse document workflows.
- Users need time and effort to learn features.
- Crowded interface for some users.
- Unnecessary complexity for basic tasks.
- Compatibility issues with specific formats.
- Limited offline access due to cloud reliance.
8. PDF Extra
PDF Extra is an all-in-one PDF app designed to handle a myriad of tasks related to PDF files, right from the convenience of your mobile device. Offering a valuable set of robust tools, this app empowers you to scan, edit, and sign PDF files remotely, transforming your smartphone into a portable scanner with a simple camera click.
What truly sets this app apart is its editing tools, available on both Android and iOS devices. Whether you’re crafting a blank document or enhancing existing files with elements such as pictures, text, or drawings, PDF Extra simplifies the editing process, making it not only efficient but also user-friendly. It also grants you the convenience of filling and sharing forms without the need for tedious file conversions.
- Effortless document scanning and editing.
- Versatile for creating and customizing files.
- Simplified form filling and sharing.
- All-in-one solution for remote PDF management.
- User-friendly for quick tasks on the go.
- It takes time to master advanced editing.
- Limited details on document security.
- Potentially overwhelming interface.
- Performance varies on older devices.
- Premium subscription needed for advanced features.
Now you’ve seen the best document editing apps to download and use on your smartphone. These apps offer various pricing options, accessible to all types of users, from free basic versions to advanced packages with extra features. Choose the app that fits your needs and budget. Cheers!