This post contains how to link BVN with your bank account (Mobile USSD Code) | Scroll down to find all bank USSD code used to link your bank verification code.
Banks in conjunction with Nigeria mobile telecommunications networks have made transactions easier for their customers, mobile phone users can do a lot directly on their mobile device, previously on this blog, I have shared with you how to…
- Check your BVN (number) directly on your mobile phone.
- Recharge your phone from your bank account on your phone.
- Transfer funds directly on your mobile phone.
On February 14, 2014, The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker’ Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria launched a centralised biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).
Benefits Of BVN (Bank Verification Number)
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorised access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cut exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- Reduce queue in Banking Halls.
- A standardised efficiency of Banking operations.
- The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
The purpose of this post is to help those who want to link their bank verification number (BVN) with their bank accounts. If you already own a BVN for another bank and want to link with other bank accounts you also own, then you will have to see how to check your BVN number on your phone before linking with other banks.
In this post, I will show you how to link BVN directly on your mobile phone using USSD Codes for all Banks in Nigeria.
How To Link BVN With Your Bank Account (Mobile USSD Code)
To link your BVN to your Access bank account, here are the steps to follow;
- Link BVN (Access Bank): Simply text BVN, your account number and BVN number to 20121 e.g. BVN 06812345678 22498765432 to 20121 on the phone number associated with your account.
Alternatively, you can do it via the Access Internet Banking using the following steps;
- Login on the Internet Banking platform
- Select the Service Requests Menu
- Select Initiate Service Request
- Select Link BVN
If you already have a BVN and want to link with your Ecobank account,
- Simply dial *565*0# on your registered phone to retrieve your BVN and send a mail to [email protected] to link it with your Ecobank account.
You can also chat with their Customer Care Executive on our website www.ecobank.com, via Ecobank Mobile App or chat with them via WhatsApp on (234) 808 760 3717.
GTBank (Guarantee Trust Bank)
Here’s how to link BVN with your GTBank account directly on your mobile device. See USSD below.
- Link BVN (GTBank): Dial *737*20*BVN# on the phone number associated with your account.
Here’s how to link BVN with your Sterling Bank account directly on your mobile device. See USSD below.
- Link BVN (Sterling): Dial *822*3*BVN# on the number registered on your Sterling account.
UBA (United Bank of Africa)
Here’s how to link BVN with your UBA account directly on your mobile device. See USSD below.
- Link BVN (UBA): Dial *919*60*BVN# on the mobile number linked to your account to link your BVN.
Here’s how to link BVN with your Unity bank account directly on your mobile device. See USSD below.
- Link BVN (Unity Bank): Dial *7799# >> Navigate to BVN Verification on the mobile number linked to your account to link your BVN.
Here’s how to link BVN with your Zenith Bank account directly on your mobile device. See USSD below.
- Link BVN (Zenith): Dial *966*BVN# using the number associated with your account.
I hope this is clear, do let us know if you successfully linked your BVN with your account. Thanks for taking the time to read Naijaknowhow‘s post and support us by sharing this article on your social media accounts.