Are you looking for how to check your BVN Number on your mobile phone without having to visit your bank’s branch? Do you need to retrieve or know your BVN number with your mobile device using a USSD code?
Has a transaction been halted on your account because you’ve refused to update your bank account with your BVN (Bank Verification Number) or you can’t transfer nor carry out certain online transactions due to BVN reasons?
With the increased rate of compromising bank security systems using passwords, PINs and OTP, there is definitely a high demand for extra security checks to secure private and personal details or transactions in the banking sector in Nigeria, and that’s why BVN is the answer to that problem.
On February 14, 2014, The Central Bank of Nigeria through the Banker’ Committee and in collaboration with all banks in Nigeria launched a centralized biometric identification system for the banking industry tagged Bank Verification Number (BVN).
Benefits of BVN in Nigeria
- BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank).
- Customers’ Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access.
- It will address issues of identity theft, thus cutting exposure to fraud.
- The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry’s chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers.
- Reduce queues in Banking Halls.
- Standardized efficiency of Banking operations.
- The customer’s unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across all Nigerian Banks.
With the instant BVN query service, you can now query your BVN on your mobile phone without going through the hassle of visiting a bank or ATM.
In this post on Naijaknowhow, I will show you how you can check BVN (Bank Verification Number) directly on your mobile device or how to know your BVN Number using the USSD code directly on any mobile phone with or without internet.
USSD Code: How To Know Or Check BVN Number Via Mobile – MTN, Glo, 9mobile and Airtel
How to check Bank Verification Number (BVN)
To check your BVN number with your mobile phone on MTN, Airtel, GLO or 9Mobile (Etisalat) network;
- Simply dial the code *565*0# and NIBSS returns the BVN associated with your mobile phone number.
NB: Make sure the number used in dialing the code is associated to your bank account.
Now that you now know how to check BVN number on your phone, the next is to know how to link BVN with your existing bank accounts in Nigeria (other banks you own).
Here is a quick stepped guide on how to enrol for BVN if you don’t have access to a mobile phone;
How To Enroll For BVN – All Banks
To those that are just new to BVN in Nigeria, here are 5 quick steps of how to register for BVN in Nigeria if you can’t quickly get access to a mobile device, follow the tips below;
- Enter any bank branch of your choice.
- Request, fill and submit their BVN enrolment form.
- Present yourself for data capturing (such as Fingerprint, facial Image etc)
- An acknowledgement slip with the transaction ID would be issued to you right away.
- In less than 24 hours, you should get a message showing you your new BVN. Now, you can now link BVN with all your bank accounts.
This code works on all banks you can think of in Nigeria with or without an internet connection. This process works if you choose to link BVN with any Nigerian bank (Access, Zenith, GTBank, Fidelity, First, Ecobank, Union, Unity, FCMB, Heritage, UBA, Jaiz, Stanbic IBTC, Wema, Polaris, Sterling, Enterprise, Keystone etc).
If you find this informative, please share it on your social media accounts using the social buttons below. Thanks for reading!
More on Banking:
- How To Check Heritage Bank Account Balance Via Phone
- List Of All Bank’s USSD Code To Check Bank Account Balance On Mobile Phone In Nigeria | Zenith, Access, GTB, UBA etc
- How To Transfer Money From Zenith Bank To Other Banks Via Mobile USSD Code
- How To Buy Airtime From GTBank Account
- How To Check GTBank Account Number On Your Phone
- How To Transfer Money From Unity Bank To Other Banks On Mobile USSD Code
Article really helpful. Gave me all needed info.
The good thing that makes this website unique is how you guys write, each topic is comprehensive and well written, seriously i can’t get enough of your blog. Thank you so much for being there.
Thanks so much for this nice post
Your website is really strong on the part of SEO. I tried to outpass you with my content but couldn’t. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for stopping by Dan.
Dan, Lazy Nigerian youth, go and get links jooh
Comment:I dial *565*0# to check my bvn,but the said error occured please try up to some time.i keep trying yet no answer what will i do?
Walk into your bank to request for it if the code isn’t working.
The article contains helpful information which has helped me here. I could not go out of my room. Thanks To You Writer.
Quite helpful. Thanks!
Truly this post is very helpful, keep up with the good work, sir!