The last time the world witnessed a Pro flagship smartphone from Huawei, the camera units of smartphones received a new lease of life. I’m referring to none other than the Huawei P20 Pro, the world’s first smartphone with triple rear shooters. Huawei has taken one step further by presenting the Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
OEMs such as LG and Samsung followed Huawei’s footsteps by launching LG V40 ThinQ and Samsung Galaxy A7 (2018), both bagging triple rear lenses. These smartphones have been in the market weeks before Huawei announced its latest flagship phones.
Back to the matter, Huawei Mate 20 Pro sports two amazing new technologies – the new SuperCharge tech and the Reverse Wireless Charging. The impact of the SuperCharge tech is that it can charge the phone’s juice to 70% in 30 minutes. Reverse Wireless charging means it can serve as the charging mat to charge other smartphones that support Wireless charging.
Without further ado, let’s peruse the stunning Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Quick Review
The Mate series usually sport bigger screen than the Huawei P flagship series. This Mate 20 Pro is no way disobeying the law. Mate 20 Pro features a large 6.39-inch curved OLED (AMOLED) screen with 1440p resolution. Other fine features of its display include the DCI-P3, HDR10 and 19.5:9 aspect ratio.
Moving away from the display to the general appearance, Corning Gorilla Glass wraps its aluminium-framed body both at the front and the rear. Unlike the Mate 20, the Mate 20 Pro has a bigger notch to accommodate more features.
In this notch, there’s the 24MP selfie camera with f/2.0 lens as well as a 3D face scanner. As a matter of fact, the smartphone lacks any visible fingerprint scanner on the hardware because it’s an in-display fingerprint sensor.
Back to the camera sector again, the rear unit of this smartphone bags the highly anticipated triple camera setup. The primary shooter in this arrangement is the 40MP Quad Bayer sensor possessing f/1.8 aperture and PDAF/Laser AF. A 20MP lens with f/2.2 aperture serves as the secondary camera while an 8MP telephoto shooter is the third in the arrangement.
Additionally, the phone is graced with AI support thanks to the 7nm Kirin 980 chipset. The AI enablement gives the phone the capacity to detect similar videos and extract portions of them to make a 10-seconds reel.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Key Specs
Here are the Huawei Mate 20 Pro key specifications…
|Display||6.39-inch AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 3120 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 Pie OS (EMUI 9.0)|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.6GHz Kirin Processor|
|Storage||128GB / 256GB ROM + 6GB / 8GB RAM (NM card up to 256GB)|
|Camera||40MP + 20MP + 8MP Rear/24MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N370,000 – N400,000|
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Photos
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Availability & Price
The Huawei Mate 20 Pro launched in October 2018; it is available in colours Emerald Green, Midnight Blue, Twilight, Pink Gold, Black. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
Huawei Mate 20 Pro retails at $1100 (₦370,000 – ₦400,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO).
Huawei Mate 20 Pro Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie (EMUI 9.0)
- Processor: Octa-core (2×2.6 GHz Cortex-A76 & 2×1.92 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) (Hisilicon Kirin 980)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MP10
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Emerald Green, Midnight Blue, Twilight, Pink Gold, Black
- Dimension: 157.8 x 72.3 x 8.6 mm
- Weight: 189g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 x 3120 pixels (538 PPI)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass (front/back)
- Rear Camera: Triple 40MP + 20MP +8MP camera, 2160p@30fps, 1080p, 720p@960fps Video
- Rear Camera Features: Leica optics, phase detection and laser autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
- Front Camera: 24MP camera, 4k Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, NM card up to 256GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE, EDR, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.264/WMV player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (in-display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4, 200mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes, SuperCharge fast battery charging 40W (70% in 30 min)
Where to buy Huawei Mate 20 Pro
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE HUAWEI MATE 20 PRO in Nigeria.
Kindly air your opinions about this smartphone in the comment section.
More on Huawei Phones: