HMD Global is not planning to rest on their laurels anytime soon. The Finnish company just introduced its flagship smartphone of the year, the Nokia 9 PureView. Nokia 9 PureView is sleek in its display & captured images.
Quite a reasonable amount of rumours of the smartphone checked out. Rumours like possession of five rear cameras and in-display fingerprint scanner all checked out. Adding to the fact that there’s a selfie cam on the smartphone, totalling six cameras on the smartphone. As you must have noticed, the camera department is the USP of the smartphone, so, expect to be thrilled.
Come on pals, let’s get in on the act.
Nokia 9 PureView Quick Review
HMD chose to avoid the fad of 2018, that is, the notch design. They made use of slim bezels at the top and bottom of the smartphone. Corning Gorilla Glass 5 sandwiches the 6000-series aluminium alloy frame of the smartphone. As it adds effect to the design, it guards the phone’s display.
P-OLED panel is the choice touchscreen used on the smartphone. And it plays a significant role in the utilisation of optical under display fingerprint scanner on the smartphone. The under display scanner is similar to the ones used in OnePlus 6T and Oppo R17 Pro. Sized at 5.99 inches, the touchscreen bags 1440 x 2880 pixels as its resolution.
2018’s Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC is the engine room of the smartphone. The latest Snapdragon 855 would have been preferred, but that will mean a later date for launch.
Meanwhile, the Snapdragon chip works with octa-core 2.8GHz Kryo CPU and Adreno 630 GPU. It teams up with a stellar 6GB RAM for active multitasking duties. A 128GB internal storage completes the memory aspect. No MicroSD slot is present on the smartphone.
Penta Rear Cameras + ToF
The decision to use a vast ROM is understandable given the superb quality emitted by the phone’s rear cameras. All five cameras have 12MP sensors with f/1.8 aperture, but three out of these sensors are Monochrome while the others are RGB. HMD employs Zeiss optics and Light technology in this camera department, with Light technology being the principal protagonist.
The working system of the cameras allows them to capture images together and not individually. Each photo captured by all five sensors is put together to form an image with more information. So, there are zero excuses for poor photography. In fact, the smartphone is basically for professional photography — no kidding about that.
That’s because the cameras can capture images in the RAW DNG along with the JPEG for richer details & larger image size. In RAW mode, the phone can execute 60 & 120MP in one image. The advantage is you can edit these files better than JPEG. To spice things up, the shooters can add 1,200 layers of depth data to bokeh images. Thus, making them more portrait and artificial than standard cameras.
3D images can be captured thanks to the ToF camera. It helps to calculate the range between an object and the sensor, then infusing 3D data. Not to forget the front 20MP camera that settles selfies especially for the Snapchat lovers.
Nokia 9 PureView Key Specs
Here are the Nokia 9 PureView key specifications…
|Display||5.99” QHD+ pOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2280 pixels|
|OS||Android 9.0 Pie OS; Android One|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC|
|Storage||128GB ROM + 6GB RAM|
|Camera||Penta 12MP + 12MP + 12MP + 12MP – 12MP Rear/20MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N180,000 – N220,000|
Nokia 9 PureView Photos
Nokia 9 PureView Price and Availability
The Nokia 9 PureView launched in February 2019; it is available in colours Midnight Blue. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
Nokia 9 PureView retails at $620 (₦180,000 – ₦220,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY NOKIA 9 PUREVIEW).
Nokia 9 PureView Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie OS, Android One
- Processor: Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz 360 Gold & 6×1.7 GHz Kryo 360 Silver) Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 SoC
- GPU: Adreno 630
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Midnight Blue
- Dimension: 155 x 75 x 8 mm
- Weight: 172g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Hybrid Dual SIM
- Display: 5.99”QHD+ pOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 X 2280 pixels
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Penta 12MP + 12MP + 12MP + 12MP + 12MP camera, 2160p [email protected]
- Rear Camera Features: Phase detection autofocus, dual-LED dual-tone flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 20MP camera, 1080p [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 128GB
- Memory Card Support: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: LTE Cat 4 150/50Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct,
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: USB Type-C 3.1
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/H.264 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, Single speaker with smart amp
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Microphones: 3 x mics with Nokia spatial audio
- Navigation: Yee, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Haptic vibrator
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 3,320mAh non-removable Li-ion battery
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
Where to buy Nokia 9 PureView
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE NOKIA 9 PUREVIEW in Nigeria.
More on Nokia Phones:
- Nokia 1.1 Plus
- Nokia 7.1
- All Nokia Smartphones Will Get Android 9 Pie
- Nokia 9 Will Have Fingerprint Sensor In Screen
- Nokia 4.2: Entry-Level Class Smartphone With Amazing Design
- Latest Nokia Phones