What is Remita?
Remita is an e payment platform that allows you to seamlessly perform online transactions even when on the go. Some of its features are:
- Offers detailed transaction reports.
- Pay/Receive an invoice of payment.
- Automate your Payroll and deliver Payslips to all Staff
- Quick transfer of money to beneficiaries.
- It provides users infinite payment from your account(s) across multiple banks.
- Makes transaction easier as it mitigates the use of tokens.
- Become eligible to access third-party loans after a few months of transactions.
- Process payroll, taxes and pensions for all your staff and make payments to their various accounts across all banks
- It lets you view your account balances. Your bank account balance across different banks will be displayed on a single screen. This makes tracking your expenses easy.
Remita Sign Up
To start benefiting from all the features listed above and more. The first thing you need to do is to sign up and fortunately, it is free. You don’t need to pay an advanced fee to start using the site. Follow the steps below to sign up.
Step 1: Visit the Remita website or download app to sign up
It will display four options.
- Personal: For Individuals who make regular payments and receive money for their side business
- Sole-Signatory: For Registered Businesses with a Single Owner
- Multi-Signatory: For Registered Businesses with Multiple Directors
- Government: For Federal, State or Local Government organizations
Select the option that fits your business model.
Step 2: Fill in necessary details to complete the registration
You’ll be redirected to the Register page where you’ll be asked to fill in your details at the appropriate box such as your email, NIN, first name and last name. Click on the next button to continue registration.
Now an email will be sent to the registered email address containing your username and password. Use the information to log in.
You’ll be directed to a profile security checkup where you will change the default password.
Create a dynamic code that would be sent to your mail. Enter the dynamic code and voila! You have successfully created an account with Remita.
Step 3: Set up your account and verify your identity
Properly set up your profile and link your bank accounts and/or cards to get started. Immediately after that, you will need to verify your identity using Remita highly secured authentication process.
How to make payment with Remita and confirm payment
For the purpose of this review, we’d show you how to make WAEC payments with Remita.
Step 1: Visit www.remita.net or mobile app
The first step is to visit their website www.remita.net. Different types of payments are displayed on the homepage. Whether you want to buy WAEC pin, electricity token, pay FGN, or pay a biller, there are many options for your requests.
Step 2: Select your preferred payment option
Click on Buy WAEC PIN (Remember this is just to show you how to make transactions, as different purposes require variable processes).
You’ll be required to enter appropriate details into the provided spaces;
- Name of service/purpose: Select WAEC result checker pin
- Description: You’d have to describe what you want to pay for. For Example ” I want to pay for WAEC pin”
- Amount to pay: Input the official price of the WAEC pin. Select the currency of payment. It’s Naira by default, so leave it as it is.
- Payer’s Name: Type in the full name of the payer
- Payer Phone: Enter the payer phone number
- Payer’s Email: Type in the email
- How do you want to pay: Select from either of the following;
- Bank branch
- Internet banking
- Paga/Pocket Moni
- Complete the captcha verification
Step 3: Submit
Click on submit to proceed.
How to generate Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR)
The Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR) is a 12 digit code that’s generated to enable users to make e-payments and enjoy the full functionalities of the Remita platform.
To access and generate a Remita Retrieval Reference Number, you need to sign up for an account which we’ve explained above.
It is important to know that you should use the bank branch as the payment option to get your RRR code easily.
Follow the steps below to get your RRR number:
- Log in to your account
- Use the options displayed in your dashboard or homepage.
- Select the service you are making payment for.
- Fill in the required spaces as explained above.
- Click on submit to generate the RRR code.
- On the next page, your RRR number will be ready for transaction purposes.
There you go! You should write down your details or take a screenshot for further proceedings.
Taking full control of your money is made easier with the Remita app. It is available on Android and iOS. Features of the app include;
- Buy Airtime & Data
- Snap/Tap to pay quickly
- Pay bills
- Toggle between your personal & corporate profile
- View & show receipts on the go
- Pay RRR Invoices and much more.