Korean manufacturer Samsung announced the flagship model 6.3-inch phablet, Galaxy Note 10 “Galaxy Note Ten”.
The Note series from Samsung has been known for years for its high-end hardware, large screens and of course the possibilities of the stylus. The Note 10 was announced at an event held in New York yesterday (7th, August 2019), the successor to the Note 9 with dope features. In addition, you have five colour choices to choose from!
This year Samsung announced two Note 10 models, namely Galaxy Note10 and 10+ with the traditional S Pen and comes with a lot of improvements from last year’s flagship. Let’s delve deeper as we look into the full features, specs and price of this phablet.
Features (Quick Review)
The supplied stylus has several different new features and the device is available in various colours variants. A high-resolution 6.3-inch screen was chosen, making everything look beautiful. The device runs on Android 9.0 Pie with the well-known shell of Samsung One UI over it.
The new S-Pen is equipped with Bluetooth, which provides various new options. In addition to taking notes or editing photos, you can do more with it. You can use it to control your device by simple gestures or even as a presenter to scroll through your presentations.
In terms of camera, we see three cameras on the back, 16 megapixels (super wide-angle f/2.2) + 12 megapixels (wide-angle f/1.5 or f/2.4 OIS) + 12 megapixels (telephoto f/2.1 OIS), this is the same as with the Galaxy S10 Plus. With that, you can play with the aperture and shoot the best photos in all lighting conditions. This technology has already proven itself at the manufacturer’s previous flagship.
There is OIS, or optical image stabilization, which makes photos and videos look even better. All kinds of extra options to adjust photos with stickers and filters are of course also possible. A single 10MP camera can be found on the front, useful for selfies or for video calling.
Together with the Note 10+, you can now apply bokeh to your videos. This device also allows you to zoom into sound. As you zoom into videos, the sound also comes into focus.
The display is a 6.3-inch version and is produced by Samsung itself, something they are known for. This Infinity-O display has a high resolution and a Dynamic AMOLED panel has been chosen. That combination ensures that everything you conjure up on the screen and looks beautiful!
The processor was also developed by the company itself and is the well-known Exynos 9825 or Snapdragon 855 processor. In addition to enough power, this processor also delivers good performance in terms of battery life!
And what also helps in terms of battery life is that Samsung has chosen to put a 3500mAh battery in the device. This way you can easily get through the day, using the Note10 intensively. 25W fast charging is possible and you can also charge the device wirelessly.
The Note 10 from Samsung is available in a single storage variant of 128GB and 8GB RAM. It is also not possible to expand this by means of a memory card. sadly, if you want more storage to more music, videos or documents with you, then you’d have to opt for the Galaxy Note10+ which comes in two variants (256/512GB + 12GB RAM with support of SD Card up to 1TB).
The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 is equipped with various security options. In addition to the well-known face recognition, it comes with an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner which can be found under the AMOLED panel!
This device is equipped with IP68 certification and therefore the Note 10 is also dust and waterproof. Having a conversation in the rain or just rinsing the device is possible, but of course, you always have to pay attention. Dust also has no chance of penetrating, it is so nice.
It is possible to use the Note 10 from Samsung as a desktop, which works via Dex technology on your Mac or Windows PC by connecting directly using a Type C cable. This way you can also use the power of this device on a larger screen. You can also use an external keyboard or mouse, which makes you even more productive!
Without leaving the gamers out of this, Note 10 uses intelligence game booster to automatically analyse your game for optimised performance. Also, it’s built with an insane vapour chamber cooling, a feature common with gaming smartphones today, this helps cools the device even when the game heats up.
The device comes with Android, but it has its own sauce from Samsung added. For example, various apps are pre-installed and the appearance has been adjusted here and there. Various additional functions for the S-Pen have also been added, allowing you to get started right away.
The Note 10 comes in colours are Aura Glow, Aura Black, Aura White, Aura Pink and Aura Red. It will be released for purchase on August 23, 2019 in the United States and on a later date for other global markets.
The Galaxy Note10 +, a quad camera with a display size of 6.8 inches, was also announced at the same time.
Here are the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 key specifications…
|Display||6.3-inch, Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.7GHz Exynos 9825 Octa / Octa-core 2.8GHz Qualcomm SD 855 Processor|
|Storage||256GB + 8GB RAM|
|Camera||12MP + 12MP + 16MP Rear/10MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||Starts $949.99 (approx. ₦344,000)|
Price and Availability
The Galaxy Note10 launched August 2019, it is available in colours Aura Glow, Aura Black, Aura White, Aura Pink and Aura Red. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
The Galaxy Note 10 price is $949.99 (approx. ₦344,000 in Nigeria) for the 8GB RAM / 256GB model. (CLICK TO BUY NOTE10)
The 5G model is available only in Korea and costs $1049 (approx. ₦380,000 in Nigeria).
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); One UI
- Exynos 9825 (7 nm) Octa-core (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M4 & 2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A75 & 4×1.9 GHz Cortex-A55) – EMEA/LATAM or
- Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm) Octa-core (1×2.8 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.4 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 485) – USA/China
- Mali-G76 MP12 – EMEA/LATAM
- Adreno 640 – USA/China
- Memory: 8GB
- Colours: Aura Glow, Aura Black, Aura White, Aura Pink and Aura Red
- Dimension: 162.3 x 77.2 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 196 g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single/Hybrid Dual SIM
- Build: Front/back glass (Gorilla Glass), aluminium frame
- Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified)
- Stylus (Bluetooth integration, accelerometer, gyro)
- Display: 6.3-inch, Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, (~90.9% screen-to-body ratio), 1080 x 2280 pixels, 19:9 ratio (~401 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass
- Always-on display
- Rear Camera: Quad
- 12 MP, f/1.5-1.8-2.4, 27mm (wide), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, OIS
- 12 MP, f/2.1, 52mm (telephoto), 1/3.6″, 1.0µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide), 1.0µm
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], HDR, dual-video rec.
- Front Camera: 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, Dual Pixel PDAF
- Features: Dual video call, Auto-HDR
- Video: [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 256 GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes,
- GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM model only)
- CDMA 800 / 1900 – USA
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- CDMA2000 1xEV-DO – USA
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE (unspecified)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (5CA) Cat20 2048/150 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/WMV/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes (USA & Canada only)
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes IP68 waterproof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes IP68 dust/
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Samsung DeX (desktop experience support)
- Bixby natural language commands and dictation
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500 mAh battery
- Charging: Fast battery charging 25W
- USB Power Delivery 3.0
- Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging 20W (market dependent)
Where to buy Galaxy Note10
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE NOTE10 in Nigeria.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 vs Note 10 Plus (Video Comparison)
Kindly air your views about this Samsung Galaxy phablet device.
More on Samsung Phones: