It’s been anticipated for a very long time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9. For some, it’s been weeks, for some, months, and for the unshakable Samsung Note phones’ fans, it’s been a whole year! Well, this newly announced smartphone meets all the hopes and expectations and even exceeds them.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9, as expected, has been in the rumour mills for quite some time. Interesting rumours such as the availability of 512GB iteration came to fulfilment, so also the rumour about the presence of a completely overhauled active S-Pen coming to pass.
Intriguing already? Don’t miss out on the full gist about this Samsung Galaxy Note 9 as we progress.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Review – Everything You Need to Know!
Starting with the active S-pen, it functions as a remote from a distance with help from the Bluetooth. It can carry out functions such as launching an app through a long press, self-timing from distance and controlling music playback. These features are embedded in the S-Pen’s remote option. Even more, it can perform duties like Advanced Screenshot capture where you can take screenshots on the screen in form of different shapes.
Bixby, Samsung’s personal assistant also gets thrown into the mix. Amidst its features, there’s the Bixby Vision which recognizes different objects once the phone’s camera is pointed to them. Funny enough, it can’t identify your fried rice or your traditional dish like eba with ofe nsala. This is because food recognition isn’t enabled. Objects like wines, chairs are very much on the cards.
Furthermore, the stereo speakers like those found in the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Samsung Galaxy S9+ made its way into this Note 9. Thus, the sound quality of this device is awesome. Samsung Experience 9.5 glazed with the Android 8.1 Oreo OS delivers a sleek performance on the device. The Android 9.0 Pie update is expected to come in subsequent months, Samsung’s trusted to take care of that.
Still on the performance, being one of the latest Samsung smartphones, it has two variations – one with Samsung Exynos 9810 chipset and Qualcomm Snapdragon 845. The former version is the one slated for Nigeria. It works side by side with an incredible 6GB or 8GB RAM. I need not mention that its performance is exclusively state-of-the-art. For the lower RAM variant, a 128GB internal storage is an accompaniment while the 8GB RAM version is blessed with the elephantine 512GB internal storage.
To sweeten the sauce, this Note 9 can accommodate a 512GB microSD card. Imagine you own the 512GB version, and you add the 512GB memory card; you’re literally holding a 1TB phone. *Shift, let me faint* There’s also the Samsung Pay feature on this smartphone. This feature is MasterCard and Visa certified, so transactions can be made easily through it.
Photography is the bomb on this smartphone. There are the dual 12MP + 12MP cameras at the rear. The primary 12MP consists of two apertures – f/1.5 and f/2.4 apertures, making variability in apertures a cool feature of the smartphone. Selfies are taken accurately by a single 8MP camera with autofocus. In environments with poor lights, a LED flash provides the needed brightness.
In the battery compartment, a non-removable 4,000mAh battery is aboard. That’s exactly 500mAh more powerful than the Samsung Galaxy S9+’s 3,500mAh battery. Lastly, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protects the phone’s 6.4 inches Super AMOLED touchscreen with 1440 x 2960 pixels.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Key Specs
Here are the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 key specifications…
|Display||6.4-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1440 X 2960 pixels, 516PPI pixel density|
|OS||Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Processor||2.7GHz Exynos 9810 Octa / Octa-core 2.8GHz Qualcomm Processor|
|Storage||128GB / 512GB ROM + 6GB / 8GB RAM (MicroSD card up to 512GB)|
|Camera||12MP + 12MP Rear/12MP Front (With LED light)|
|Price||N300, 000 – N320,000|
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Photos
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Availability & Price
The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 launched August 2018, it is available in colours Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black. You can order the phone from any of the online shopping markets using the links below.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 retails at $1000 (₦300,000 – ₦320,000 in Nigeria). (CLICK TO BUY GALAXY NOTE 9)
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 8.1 Oreo
- Processor: Exynos 9810 Octa (Octa-core (4×2.7 GHz Mongoose M3 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55) / Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845 (Octa-core (4×2.8 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver))
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP18 / Adreno 630
- Memory: 6GB/8GB
- Colours: Metallic copper, Lavender purple, Ocean blue, Midnight black
- Dimension: 161.9 x 76.4 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 201g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Single/Dual SIM
- Display: 6.4-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen,1440 X 2960 pixels (516 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Dual 12MP + 12MP camera, 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps
- Rear Camera Features: phase detection autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 8MP camera, 1440p Video@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, up to 512GB
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 25(1900), 26(850), 28(700), 32(1500), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500), 66(1700/2100)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: 42.2/5.76Mbps
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE-A (5CA) Cat18 1200/200 Mbps
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: 3.1, USB Type-C 1.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+/FLAC player
- Video Player: MP4/WMV/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: Yes
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: Yes
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (rear)
- Iris Scanner: Yes
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Bixby
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: –
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: Yes
- Built-in Mobile Payment: Yes, Samsung Pay
- Water Resistant: Yes
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Battery: 4,000mAh non removable Li-ion battery
Where to buy Samsung Galaxy Note 9
CLICK HERE TO BUY THE GALAXY NOTE 9 in Nigeria.
Kindly air your views about this Samsung flagship smartphone.
More on Samsung Phones:
- 10 Latest Samsung Phones and Prices in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy A8 Star Goes Official with Dual Rear Cameras and 4GB RAM
- Samsung Galaxy A6 (2018) Full Specifications, Features and Price
- 10 Best Phones Under 70000 Naira in Nigeria
- Best Phones Under 80000 Naira in Nigeria
- Samsung Galaxy J8 – The Samsung Mid-range Smartphone with the Sauce!
- 9 Best Android Phones In Nigeria Market