The Xiaomi Mi 9T (also known as Redmi K20 globally) was presented on 12 June 2019 and is a device with various interesting features for an even more interesting price. We see a mid-range processor from Qualcomm, 128GB storage and Android 9.0 Pie, with the Xiaomi’s own shell over it.
On the back, there are three cameras, with which you can take beautiful pictures in any circumstance. A front cam is hidden in the device and therefore the entire front consists of a screen. A 6.4-inch display with AMOLED technology has been chosen, so enjoy!
Let’s delve into the full features of the Mi 9T from Xiaomi.
Xiaomi has opted for a 6.4-inch display for the Mi 9T. This AMOLED panel has a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels and that combination provides a beautiful screen. Colours shatter and black has an infinite contrast, which looks nice.
Because a pop-up front camera has been chosen, there is no notch or punch-hole on the screen. So you can enjoy your favourite movie or series undisturbed via Netflix. Thanks to the elongated ratio, the screen can be called relatively narrow, handy in the pocket.
In addition to the hidden 20-megapixel front cam, this device also has three cameras on the back. The main sensor of the Mi 9T is a 48-megapixel camera, which takes pictures of 12 megapixels. Four pixels are fused into one, which provides more detail, better colours and higher contrast.
There is also a camera with a resolution of 8 megapixels, with which you can zoom a bit. The third camera contains a wide-angle lens and so you capture just a little more on the photos. Great for a group photo, but also for landscapes or beautiful architecture!
The Mi 9T is equipped with the Snapdragon 730 processor from the American chipset manufacturer Qualcomm. This eight-core chip is a great choice for the midrange segment where this device falls. So you can effortlessly use apps such as Netflix, social media or play a simple game.
Listening to music increasingly has to be done via an adapter, because a 3.5 mm connection is no longer present. This Mi 9T is fortunately not the case, because this port can still be found in this device. So you can simply use your own earbuds to enjoy those delicious beats.
A fingerprint scanner has been processed under the display and an optical variant has been chosen. This quickly takes a picture of your fingerprint and compares it with the saved version. A nice feature, because this way you ensure that all your personal files are safe!
In this Xiaomi Mi 9T, you can find a battery with a capacity of 4000mAh. Thanks to this size and the energy-efficient hardware, you should easily be able to do an intensive day on one battery charge. In addition, fast charging is also possible, so that the battery is quickly full again.
The Chinese manufacturer is also responsible for the MIUI shell that has been laid over Android. For example, there are various own apps to be found on the device and some changes have been made to the appearance. You can easily and quickly personalize your device by downloading apps and widgets from Google’s Play Store.
Here are the Mi 9T key specifications…
|Display||6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.2GHz Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730|
|Storage||128 GB + 6 GB RAM or 64 GB + 6 GB RAM|
|Camera||48MP + 8MP + 13MP Rear/Motorised pop-up 20MP Front|
|Price||Starts $320 (about ₦115,000 in Nigeria)|
Price and Availability
The Mi 9T launched June 2019, it is available in colours — Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue. You can order the phone from the following online shopping markets using any of the links below.
The Mi 9T comes in two options, 6GB/64GB option priced at $320 (about ₦115,000 in Nigeria), while 6GB/128GB option priced at $352 (about ₦127,000 in Nigeria)
Xiaomi Mi 9T Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730 (8 nm), Octa-core (2×2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6×1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver)
- GPU: Adreno 618
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 191g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Build: Front/back glass, aluminium frame
- Display: 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen (~86.1% screen-to-body ratio), 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 53mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 1.12µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3″, 1.12µm
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: [email protected], [email protected]/120/240fps, [email protected]
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Front Camera Features: HDR, Video [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 28(700), 38(2600), 40(2300)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+)
Where to buy Mi 9T
CLICK HERE TO BUY Mi 9T in Nigeria.
More on Snapdragon 855 Phones: