Redmi, Xiaomi‘s sub-brand, officially launched their latest mid-range smartphone, the Redmi K20 and Redmi K20 Pro in China.
The Redmi K20 Pro (also known as Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro in Russia) is designed as a ‘flagship killer’ because it has top specifications with prices in the middle-class smartphones range. The device has been reinforced by the most advanced chipset from Qualcomm, namely Snapdragon 855.
Without further ado, let’s delve right into the full features, specifications and price of the K20 Pro device from Redmi.
Full Features (Preview)
Redmi K20 Pro uses a 6.39 inch Super AMOLED panelled screen with Full HD + resolution and 19.5: 9 aspect ratio.
On the back, there are three cameras consisting of a 48MP wide camera (opening f / 1.8), a 13MP ultrawide camera (f / 2.4), and an 8MP telephoto camera (f / 2.4).
The Redmi K20 Pro contains a 20MP front camera that can be found in the device and is therefore not visible when you are not using it. If you want to take a selfie or use face recognition, the camera shoots up. This feature ensures that no notch in the screen has been required!
One distinct difference of the Redmi K20 Pro from the k20 is the ability to take 4K 60 FPS video recording.
Both of the K20 and K20 Pro handsets have also been provided with a fingerprint scanner integrated on the screen.
The smartphone is equipped with the fastest processor at the moment: the Snapdragon 855 SM8150 2.84 GHz Octa-core which is the highest performance SoC, and the AnTuTu benchmark score is 388,803. While, the capacity of embedded RAM is of two choices, 6GB and 8GB and supported by three internal memory options, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB.
As a source of power, the Redmi K20 Pro has a 4000mAh battery with 27-watt fast charging technology.
Xiaomi delivers the Redmi K20 Pro out-of-the-box with MIUI 10, Xiaomi’s variant of Android 9 Pie. This shell provides a typical Xiaomi interface and extra functions. There are several standard apps to be found and the Google Play Store is ready for you with millions of apps and games!
Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) Key Specs
Here are the Redmi K20 Pro key specifications…
|Display||6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10|
|Processor||Octa-core 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Processor|
|Storage||256 GB + 8 GB RAM or 128 GB + 6/8 GB RAM or 64 GB + 6 GB RAM|
|Camera||48MP + 8MP + 13MP Rear/Motorised pop-up 20MP Front|
|Price||Starts 2,499 Yuan (about ₦110,000 in Nigeria)|
Price and Availability
The Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) launched May 2019 (available for purchase in June 2019), it is available in colours — Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue. You can order the phone from the following online shopping markets using any of the links below.
The K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) comes in four options:
- 6GB/64GB option priced at 2,499 Yuan (about ₦110,000)
- 6GB/128GB option priced at 2,599 Yuan (about ₦115,000)
- 8GB/128GB variant priced at 2,799 yuan (about ₦124,000)
- 8GB/256GB variant with a price tag of 2,999 yuan (about ₦132,000 in Nigeria)
Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T Pro) Full Specifications and Features
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 (Game Turbo 2.0)
- Memory: 6/8GB RAM
- Colours: Carbon Black, Flame Red, Glacier Blue
- Dimension: 156.7 x 74.3 x 8.8 mm
- Weight: 191g
- SIM Type: Nano SIM
- SIM Count: Dual SIM
- Display: 6.39-inch, Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen (~86.1% screen-to-body ratio), 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi density)
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Rear Camera: Triple
- 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm (wide), 1/2″, 0.8µm, Laser/PDAF
- 8 MP, f/2.4, 53mm (telephoto), 1/4″, 1.12µm, Laser/PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 13 MP, f/2.4, 12mm (ultrawide), 1/3″, 1.12µm
- Rear Camera Features: Dual-LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 2160p@30/60fps, 1080p@30/120/240fps, 1080p@960fps
- Front Camera: Motorized pop-up 20 MP, f/2.2, 0.8µm
- Front Camera Features: HDR, Video 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: Yes
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: MP3/WAV/eAAC+/Flac player
- Video Player: XviD/MP4/H.265 player
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display)
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: 4000mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Fast battery charging 27W (Quick Charge 4+)
Where to buy Redmi K20 Pro
CLICK HERE TO BUY REDMI K20 PRO in Nigeria.
K20 Pro Review Video
More on Snapdragon 855 Phones:
Where can I get these redmi k20 pro in this Nigeria naaa
It is not yet available in Nigeria but you can check this link to AliExpress to buy, it’s available there.