Headers on YouTube are used to show cool images that match your identity. There is a special size used for YouTube headers. You can create and edit it this way.
The channel header is also displayed in the form of a background or banner at the top of your YouTube page. In addition to making an identity, the channel header can also give a unique look and feel to your YouTube page.
YouTube headers will look different on desktop screens, mobile devices and TVs, images that do not match the size will be cut off. The YouTube channel header size is recommended for uploading one 2560 x 1440 pixel image.
The following size and image file guidelines for YouTube headers or banners:
- Dimensions of minimum upload: 2048 x 1152 pixels.
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 pixels. Large images can be cut off on certain displays or devices.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 pixels. With this width, the “safe area” will always be visible, whatever the screen size. The area on each side of the channel header will be visible or cropped, depending on the size of the browser.
- File size: 6MB or less.
How to Change and Add YouTube Channel Headers:
- On a computer, log in to YouTube.
- In the top-right menu, select My Channel
- New channel header: Near the top of the screen, click Add channel header.
- Existing channel headers: Hover over the existing banner and click Edit then Edit channel header.
- Upload images or photos from a computer or saved photo. You can also click the Gallery tab to select an image from the YouTube photo gallery.
- You will see a preview of the header display on various devices. To make changes, select Adjust cropping.
- Click Select.
More on how-to guides: