In this article, you will learn how to do cardless ATM Withdrawal in Nigeria for all major banks – Access, GTBank, First, UBA, Wema Bank and more.
You probably may have heard how a guy named Azeez Morofu, was manhandled by a mob at Ibadan and handed over to the police at Iyaganku Police Station. His offence? That he withdrew money from an ATM without a debit card. Yes, and… wait, he was wearing a dirty pair of jean trousers!
The surprising twist to the incident was that… the Police who should know did not know that technology has made it now possible for an individual to choose either to use their debit card or not when making ATM withdrawals.
The technology came into existence about two years ago or so, in the US when Wells Fargo Bank announced that customers could then withdraw money from ATM without using a debit card. The new technology allowed smartphone-toting customers to withdraw money at all of its 13,000 ATMs without inserting their debit card. Customers then were required to input a code and their ATM PIN number to access ATM options.
Basically, cardless cash allows you to withdraw money from an ATM without using your debit card. Instead, you can opt to receive a unique code from your bank to your phone (either by text message or within your mobile banking app) that you can then use at an eligible ATM to verify your cash withdrawal.
The technology arrived in Nigeria much later in 2017, though it is still relatively unpopular.
As we move to join the rest of the world in the emerging technological dispensation, our police must also be educated so as to teach them not to embarrass themselves the next time someone makes a cardless withdrawal at an ATM point.
Without further ado, let’s see how cardless ATM withdrawal can be done in Naija.
How cardless ATM Withdrawal in Nigeria works (All banks):
Here is how to setup Access bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *903# from your phone and select “Withdraw Money” option.
- Select “ATM Withdrawal” option.
- Enter the Amount and validate the transaction with your PIN.
- You will receive a transaction code for successful withdrawal.
- Keep the code and visit any of our nearest ATM.
- Press ‘0’ to perform a cardless withdrawal.
Here is how to setup ALAT digital bank cardless withdrawal
- Log into the ALAT app, click Send Money on the menu then click ATM Cardless Transfer.
- Fill in the required details and authenticate the transfer with your ALAT PIN. You will receive a paycode by email.
- To withdraw your money, go to any cardless-enabled or paycode-enabled ATM and follow these instructions:
- Press ENTER to clear the ATM screen.
- Select CashOut Paycode.
- Type the reference number and the cashout PIN.
- Type the amount of money you want to withdraw.
Here is how to setup Ecobank cardless withdrawal using XpressCash
- Download the Ecobank Mobile Banking App if you have not already done so, and
register for the service.
- Log in to your account using your registered details.
- Select Xpresscash in the list of services available.
- You will be asked to choose between “Xpress Cash Agent” and “ATM”, choose
- Enter your account you wish to make the withdrawal from.
- An eight-digit electronic token will be generated.
- Take this token to any Ecobank ATM to make your withdrawal. Please note that
this token is only valid for three days and expires thereafter.
- At the ATM, select the Xpresscash option and you will be asked to supply the 8-
- Enter the token, and then enter the amount of money you want to withdraw.
Take your cash!
Here is how to setup Fidelity bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *770*8*Amount# then follow the on-screen prompts.
- Create a one-time PIN (OTP) then enter your PIN to get a Paycode directly from your Fidelity account to withdraw cash.
- At the ATM, enter your Paycode, PIN, and Amount to get your cash. No need for your card.
Here is how to setup First bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *848*Amount#
- Fill in the required details and authenticate the transaction with your PIN.
- You will be asked to generate a 4-digit one-time PIN, create the PIN then press send.
- You will receive a paycode through SMS or email.
- Go to the nearest First Bank Cardless enabled ATM.
Here is how to setup Gtbank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *737*3*AMOUNT# on your registered phone number.
- You will receive a transaction code as a text.
- Visit any GTBank ATM and press any button on the machine (without inserting your card)
- Select ‘Cardless Withdrawal (GTRescue)
- Enter the transaction code that was sent to you.
- Enter your 737 pin or the last four digits of your card.
- Complete the transaction and collect your cash.
Here is how to do a Stanbic IBTC cardless withdrawal using the USSD code or mobile app.
- Dial *909# >> then navigate to @ease wallet or download and install the ease wallet app on your device.
- For those just getting started, you will need to create an ease wallet with your phone number.
- After successfully creating an ease wallet account number (which is your phone number without the first zero… For example, 8061110000), you can then proceed to fund your account.
- To do a cardless withdrawal, simply select the option to generate a Paycode and proceed to the next step.
- Go to the nearest Stanbic IBTC Cardless enabled ATM, follow the cardless withdrawal feature and authenticate a withdrawal using the Paycode from your ease wallet.
Here is how to setup UBA cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *919#
- Choose option (7) to view the NEXT PAGE for the Cardless (PayCode) option
- Choose option (3) for the Cardless (PayCode) option
- Enter your Magic Banking PIN
- Choose Account No
- Select Preferred Option (1)ATM Cashout
- Enter Amount
- Enter one-time 4-digit cashout pin
- You can then go to any UBA ATM or any cardless-enabled ATM and choose the cardless option and follow instructions with your ATM Cashout pin to retrieve cash.
Here is how to set up Union bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- From the mobile number registered with your account number, dial “*826#”.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to generate a Paycode and PIN.
- Proceed to any cardless-enabled ATM.
- Punch the Enter key on the machine and select Paycode
- Follow the prompts to finalize your transaction.
- Receive your cash.
Here is how to setup Wema bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Dial *945# on your mobile phone used in opening your account with the bank.
- Select Cash-on-the-Go option among the given options.
- Generate a withdrawal code by following the prompts.
- Visit any Wema bank ATM and withdraw the amount by supplying the generated code.
Here is how to setup Zenith bank cardless withdrawal using the USSD code
- Simply dial *966*60# and select the option 7.
- Follow the prompt then proceed to Zenith ATM.
I hope this article has helped you with additional knowledge. If so, use it for your good.
We welcome your comments, questions, corrections and additional information relating to this post.