APK (Android Package) files aren’t new to Android smartphone users. I mean, that’s the raw form an app is expressed especially when it comes from a third-party source, that is, a source other than the Google Play Store. Well, that’s not the aim of the discussion today. We’re going to be looking at how to install APK and OBB files on Android devices. I’m certain we’re familiar with APK files already. And if that’s not the case, I already gave an overview in the first paragraph.
On the other hand, OBB is the abbreviation of Opaque Binary Blob. OBB is a compiled code that developers use to contain encrypted data needed for the APK file to function. OBB file usually contains most of the graphics and media that aren’t found on the APK file. OBB files are unique to each APK file. For instance, FIFA 2014’s OBB will not work on the APK file of FTS 2018. Although both apps require the presence of OBB and data files, they are unique to each.
That being said, let’s look at Naijaknowhow’s step-by-step guide on how to install APK and OBB files on Android devices. This works on Android 12/11/10/9 and some older Android Operating Systems.
Installing APK and OBB files
In order to do this, the phone user must have downloaded the APK and OBB files from a third-party source. You won’t get the OBB file on the Google Play Store, that’s why the emphasis is laid on third-party sources.
Here are links to a couple of APKs with OBB files which you can download:
- FTS 22: First Touch Soccer 2022 APK + Data + OBB for Android
- BlackMart APK 2.2.1 Latest Version Download for Android
- Gangstar Vegas: World of Crime 5.4.2b Mod APK OBB
- Download First Touch Soccer 2018 (FTS 18) APK + OBB + Data On Android
- Download First Touch Soccer 2019 (FTS 19) APK + OBB + Data On Android
- PUBG Mobile Lite for Low-end Android Phones (OBB & APK Download Link)
How to install APK on Android
After the APK file must have been downloaded, the next step is to install it. You can follow the following guidelines:
- Allow installation of apps from unknown sources under Security in the Settings menu. If this isn’t done, the installation of the app will be restricted because it wasn’t downloaded from Google Play Store.
- Proceed to install the app from the folder where it’s located.
- After installation, do not open the app just yet. This is because the OBB file isn’t in place, hence, you’ll get an error message if you try opening the app.
- Once installed, you’ll move on to placing the OBB file in the right location.
How to install OBB files on Android
- First off, the OBB file needs to be extracted from the zip file before any moves can be made. PCs can extract it easily, then it can be sent to the phone. Also, the use of apps such as ES File Explorer or WinRar can help in this extraction process.
- Once it’s extracted, it needs to be placed in the folder named OBB under Android in the internal memory. If the internal memory isn’t big enough, the external memory can be utilized.
- If the folder isn’t there, it can be created before you paste the file there.
- In cases where it is a Data file, a Data folder will be created under the same Android folder in the File Explorer.
- Once it’s in this location, the app can now be launched successfully without hassles.
Conclusively, you can try out this easy method to install APK and OBB files on your Android device. We’ll love to hear your comments in the comments section about your experience using this method. Any other questions you have can also be shared in the same box.
More Tech Guides:
- How to Recover Hacked Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram Account!
- How To Get a USA Number in Nigeria (3 Best Methods)
- How To Block Zenith Bank ATM Card (Missing or Stolen)
- Meter Tampering: What Is Prepaid Electricity Meter Tamper Mode and How To Get Tamper Code in Nigeria
Thanks for sharing, this is really helpful.
Thanks alot, u found this useful. I’m blessed.
Am I supposed to purchase the fifa 20, because I followed the required steps of installing the game, after the installation I tried to launch it but it’s showing me that ” you may not have purchased this game” pls I need reply.
Is this FIFA online game or offline.