Affiliate marketing is a fantastic way for internet-savvy entrepreneurs to make money online. While the possibilities for making money online are endless, it is one of the most dynamic ways to do so. This article on Naijaknowhow contains everything you should know about affiliate marketing, how to start and the best affiliate marketing programs or sites in Nigeria.
Affiliate marketing can then only be done with affiliate marketing programs. Affiliate programs can range from web hosting services like Namecheap to online stores like Jumia and in this article, we’d be looking at the top affiliate sites to earn money online in Nigeria. Let’s dive right into it.
But before we go into the details, I would like to answer the frequently asked questions concerning this topic. Questions such as:
- What is affiliate marketing?
- How does an affiliate marketing program work?
- How to start affiliate marketing in Nigeria?
All these questions and more would be answered in this article.
What is Affiliate Marketing?
According to Investopedia.com, it is an advertising model in which a company pays others (e.g. bloggers) to advertise their products to generate sales.
To explain further, Affiliate Marketing is a marketing strategy that involves promoting products and services of other businesses and in return, you get paid a commission if someone purchases a product through your affiliate link.
How Do Affiliate Marketing Programs Work?
Affiliates place ads or market the products of merchants or vendors on their website, app or blog. Then fees known as commissions are paid to them every time a purchase has been made through their affiliate link.
As an affiliate, your main task is to drive traffic to your vendors’ sites and find customers for their products. You need to have at least basic knowledge of the products you are promoting. In the event that customers ask you questions, you should be able to answer them professionally which will make them willing to buy.
You don’t necessarily have to own a website or app but you do need to have an online presence that is you should at least have Twitter, Facebook and Instagram accounts. As long as you have followers and friends, you have an audience that may be inclined to click on the links you post.
How To Start Affiliate Marketing in Nigeria?
Starting affiliate marketing in Nigeria is quite easy. All you need to do is:
- Choose your niche
- Find the right platform e.g website or social media channels
- Choose a profitable affiliate program
- Research on market demands
- Use SEO
- Drive traffic to your affiliate blog
Who Can Become an Affiliate Marketer?
Anyone can be an affiliate marketer if they are ready to put in the work. It does not require any degrees or technical skills. All you need is your smartphone and a good internet connection.
List of the Best Affiliate Programs or Websites in Nigeria
1. Jumia Affiliate Program
Jumia is a company built around the marketplace, logistics and payment services. It is reputed to be Nigeria’s number 1 online shopping site. They offer over 6,000,000 products and have over 10,000 active vendors. Jumia Affiliate Program is also known as Jumia KOL Program and is one of the top affiliate marketing programs in Nigeria.
How does the Jumia KOL Program work?
Jumia’s affiliate process has been designed to guarantee ease of use. The process is as follows:
- Simply go to affiliates.jumia.com and click on register to fill up the registration form.
- Your credentials will be reviewed and if you meet their requirements, approved.
- An email containing your username and password will be sent to you to grant you access to your dashboard
- Get promotional resources like banners, text links and feeds.
- Place banners and links on your website, apps, social media channels or through email marketing campaigns.
- If a purchase is made through your affiliate link, it would be registered as a sale for you. Note that Jumia has a tracking code on links that they use to track your marketing efforts.
- Jumia will then approve the sale and you will be given your fee.
How the Commission is paid?
Jumia offers up to 9% commission on sales made by a buyer who was led to the site through your affiliate link. Commissions are paid within the 15th and 25th day of the month for orders placed in that month on the condition that at least 10,000 naira has been realized by your sales. If not the payment will roll over to the next month.
2. Konga Affiliate Program
Konga is a Nigerian online store founded in 2012. They offer over 100,000 products and sell to over 50 million buyers across Nigeria. On average, the Konga commission can go up to 9%.
The steps to joining Konga as an affiliate are as follows:
- Just go to yuboss.konga.com, click sign up and fill-up the form
- Your credentials would be reviewed and if you qualify, you get an email with your username and password to your control panel.
- You would have the choice to pick promotional materials like banners and links.
- Insert these links and feeds into the home page of your website or advertising platform.
- Once the purchase has been made through your link you get up to 9% commission.
3. Bet9ja Affiliate Program
It is acclaimed to be Nigeria’s no. 1 betting website. The site ranks among the most visited websites in Nigeria at the time of writing this article. Their products include online casinos, sports betting and virtual gaming experience. If you’re in search of another really awesome affiliate marketing program in Nigeria, then try this option.
To start as an affiliate with bet9ja, you need to:
- Sign up on the site
- If you meet the requirements, you will be sent your username, password and your unique tracking code.
- Go to the Banners page, copy the HTML + code and your unique tracking code and paste them on your website.
- Start referring new customers via your banners and unique tracking code.
- Login to see the commission paid monthly.
NB: Commission is based on player performance and is not always guaranteed. All selections with odds of 101 are subject to 0% commission.
4. TravelStart Affiliate Program
Travelstart is an African online travel agency with branches across Africa. Their services include hotel bookings, car rentals, holiday packages and so on. Since they have a wide audience in Africa, it is very profitable to work for Travelstart.
As an affiliate for TravelStart, your main task is to promote sales and drive traffic to the TravelStart website. You’ll earn money every time someone makes a booking through your affiliate links.
The process is simple.
- First, you sign up >> https://affiliates.travelstart.com/sign-up-today
- Then choose your promotional materials like banners, feeds and links.
- Insert these links, feeds and banners into your websites, apps or social media channels.
- Then get paid as purchases are being made.
6. Wakanow Affiliate Program
Wakanow, just like TravelStart is an African online travel company with a presence all over Africa and a dedicated effort to expand outside the coasts of Africa. They offer easy and affordable travel services with a friend a top-notch booking portal for flights and accommodation and a high-level payment system. It was founded in 2008.
To start an affiliate program with Wakanow is not free, unlike other programs in this article. The steps you need to take are:
- Register on the affiliate portal
- Pay the registration fee from the payment link sent to you.
- Once approval is done, your credentials are sent to you.
- Login to your dashboard for transactions
The commission is profitable as you get 50% of the registration fee each time the referee pays the affiliate registration fee.
And there you have it. There are lots of affiliate marketing sites or programs in Nigeria and a lot more globally but this list contains the best sites which guarantee ease of use and profitable commission rates. If you are interested in making money through affiliate marketing, start with these programs today. Until next time, Au Revoir.